IGNORED

Album no Longer Available

Well, it's happened. I went to play an album that I had added to My Music back in the initial surge of excitement after signing up for the Apple Music free trial (Halvorsen: Orchestral Works, Vol. 4, on Chandos), and I got a popup saying "Looks like that's no longer available" (or words to that effect).

It's not a huge deal, and I can always go over to the iTunes store and purchase it, if I want to. But this sort of defeats the purpose of the "all you can eat buffet for $10 per month" model.

I'll be keeping an eye out to see if this happens with other albums or tracks. I know that Hyperion is one classical label that is not participating in Apple Music's streaming service. Maybe Chandos is thinking of joining them, little by little.

Oh, well.

Where are you seeing that it's no longer available? Do you mean available to stream? I didn't think that Chandos was streaming at all; I know they've pulled their music from some labels. But it's possible that they had some albums that the allowed for streaming, and changed their mind and pulled them.

I write about Macs, music, and more at Kirkville.

Author of Take Control of macOS Media Apps

Co-host of The Next Track podcast.