IGNORED

12.2 Script broken: Copy Tag Info Tracks to Tracks

I am a big fan of Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes (and yes I made a donation). I am using the Copy Tag Info script to greatly speed up re-ripping a couple thousand CDs at a higher bit rate.

The script stopped working for me after upgrading to 12.2

I know Doug is investigating script issues overall. But I really need this script to keep my process going (still over 1000 CDs to go).

Has anyone found any work arounds for script problems in 12.2?

JDF5

There are over 70 scripts--that's right: over 70--that need updating for iTunes 12.2. Scripts have to be re-written and re-compiled. You'll have to be patient. (And for El Capitan beta users, you'll require even more patience.) This one in particular should be fixed within a week of today's date.

Had no idea so many broke with this iTunes upgrade. Was hoping there was some configuration / file location fix I could make.

I greatly appreciate what you do for the iTunes Community. This issue is another reminder of how valuable your scripts are to me. Will hit your PayPal button again. Very nice for me to also be able to also give you a personal thank you!

What is the best way to know when to check for updated scripts? Will you be providing status as you rewrite and recompile on your blog?

I am a big fan of Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes (and yes I made a donation). I am using the Copy Tag Info script to greatly speed up re-ripping a couple thousand CDs at a higher bit rate.

The script stopped working for me after upgrading to 12.2

I've been using this exact script quite heavily over the last few days and I've had no issues with it. In fact, I was coming here to post asking if the "Loved" tag was one which could be added to it. If it helps, I've been using it exclusively in the Songs view. You could also try navigating to ~/Library/Preferences and deleting the com.dougscripts.copytinforackstotracks.plist file and seeing if that fixes things.

There are over 70 scripts--that's right: over 70--that need updating for iTunes 12.2. […] This one in particular should be fixed within a week of today's date.

As I say above, I've not run into any trouble with it myself. Regardless, I look forward to the update. :)

I've been using this exact script quite heavily over the last few days and I've had no issues with it. In fact, I was coming here to post asking if the "Loved" tag was one which could be added to it. If it helps, I've been using it exclusively in the Songs view. You could also try navigating to ~/Library/Preferences and deleting the com.dougscripts.copytinforackstotracks.plist file and seeing if that fixes things.

As I say above, I've not run into any trouble with it myself. Regardless, I look forward to the update. :)

Carla - Very interesting that it still works for you. I just took your advice on deleting the plist and now I am getting the dialog box to select tags again. On a train without a Superdrive so can't fully test yet, but looks promising. GREATLY appreciate your suggestion - and Doug's Scripts!

Carla - Very interesting that it still works for you. I just took your advice on deleting the plist and now I am getting the dialog box to select tags again. On a train without a Superdrive so can't fully test yet, but looks promising. GREATLY appreciate your suggestion - and Doug's Scripts!

You’re welcome! I hope that fixes the problem. At least we know Doug’s hard at work on a fix if it doesn’t.

And Doug, I sincerely hope you’re planning on making the next version of Copy Tag Info Tracks to Tracks a paid upgrade. I’d happily pay $5 for it. If I might ask, though, for more tag copy options? Loved at the very least, but sorting tags as well, if that’s at all possible. Many thanks for everything you do!

And Doug, I sincerely hope you’re planning on making the next version of Copy Tag Info Tracks to Tracks a paid upgrade. I’d happily pay $5 for it. If I might ask, though, for more tag copy options? Loved at the very least, but sorting tags as well, if that’s at all possible. Many thanks for everything you do!

The latest version of Copy Tag Info Tracks to Tracks is posted. It adds "Loved". I will consider adding sorting tags for a future version.

Donations for any reason you can justify can be made via this page.

The latest version of Copy Tag Info Tracks to Tracks is posted. It adds "Loved". I will consider adding sorting tags for a future version.

Donations for any reason you can justify can be made via this page.

I just dropped another $25 in the tip jar, beyond my previous donation about six months ago. Will try to periodically continue to make small donations as I can. GREATLY appreciate the update. Can't wait to get back to re-ripping my CDs. Only about 1000 to go – and much more enjoyably with your copy tags script!