IGNORED

Mac Mini and Amarra questions

Hi

Is it possible to use Amarra software and control volume directly to dac using toslink fiber optic cable.

Info on Amarra site seems to indicate that you can control volume to dac using fiber optic out from mac to dac itself.

Can anyone here confirm this?

thanks

Dan Roy

Dan,

I'm not exactly understanding what you're asking...if you want to know if you can control Amarra volume from a remote such as iphone / itouch, yes you can. Use Rowmote: http://www.rowmote.com/Rowmote/Rowmote.html

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

yes,

I use Amarra's volume control, do not have an preamp and have a mac connected via Toslink to my DAC.

If that is the kind of configuration and your question was related to this - yes works, ...

but there are some issues you should watch, see my comments in the thread PV vs Amarra.

Best....EMW
Audirvana Plus ->15"MBP 16GB 1TB SSD -> USB-> Intona USB Isolator -> USB -> Chord DAC ->Borbely Balanced Preamp->Active X-over-> 4 Class A Monoamps->3 Way SpeakerHeavens SE

If you need/want to control volume in Amarra you need the full version IFAIK

Frank[br]Mac mini, Amarra, Pure vinyl, Resolution Cantata, Metric Halo LIO-8, dCs P8i,DeVialet 800, Goldmund Mim 20/36+/22/29.4, Epilog 1&2[br]Reference Turntable Ortofon Jubilee pickup

There is a volume control in mini now, what differentiates it from the full product is that it tops out at 24/96 and doesn't have EQ

Source: Pink Faun Ultra - Chord DAVE

Amps: VTV Purifi

Speakers: Trenner and Friedel RA

Cables : JCAT reference USB, Tellerium XLR, Kubula-Sosna Elation speaker

Plus CEC TL 5 Cd transport - Blackcat Tron BNC - Chord DAVE