IGNORED

Weiss INT202

Hi!

I have just ordered a Weiss INT202 interface to use between my laptop and Burmester 061 cd player. My cd player has two digital inputs. Do anyone of you have experience with this interface, and what kind of firewire and spdif cables do you reccommend? The interface will be delivered mid February, and only two is available at this point in Norway due to demand internationally. The price for it was highly competitive.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheeers! Toffen

blueixus has just done a shoot out between the 202 and the HiFace and seems to like it a lot! Cables are always a personal thing, but as you asked I'd use any well constructed firewire cable and a Chord Signature Digital. I always like the way systems seem to sound so much less congested with Chord cables. Others will disagree, of course - we are talking cables, here! :)

If I may take a liberty with a little joke, I think The price for it was highly competitive should have read The price for it was competitively high! :)

Hi Toffen. I can recommend a digital cable made by a small uk company called the The Missing Link , they have a digital cable called the Link Cryo Reference Dark Art.

If you can put up with the music on their website which is deeply disturbing (!) you will find it. I have tried many 'digital cables' and find this excellent. They are a lovely company to do business with and make fine cables (I use some of their other interconnects).

It is a little bit off the beaten path but good none the less. At present I am using 'standard firewire'.

The INT202 is indeed very fine so enjoy!

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

Hi!

Thanks!

If I understand correct the INT202 has an internal clock which secure low jitter to the DAC? Do you reccommend TosLink or SPDIF from the interface to the DAC?

Competetive priced. He he. Hifi does not come cheap... :)

Cheeers, ToffenG

If you are using the Weiss INT202 it is SPIDF or XLR only to the Dac - there is no Toslink option, a format I have never felt wholly happy with.

Having said that Naim, and they know a thing or two, endorse Toslink heavily with their new Dac because of the isolation benefits.

Regards

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

Hi!

I am not sure if the power supply is still not included in the INT202. I do not have power included in my firewire output, so I need so buy a powersupply to the interface. As we know the powersupply affect the quality of the sound, and I wondered if you have some recommendations for good high quality powersupply which can be used with INT202.

Thanks!

Cheeers, ToffenG

Weiss makes the Chiron series of coaxial and optical glass fiber digital interconnect, which I have not yet auditioned.

You might also consider the Audioquest Eagle Eye and the Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, both of which have spent considerable time in my reference system. These cables sound quite differently, and be sure to try several to determine how they sound in your system. Even the length may matter.

Typical laptop power supplies are switchers, and they generate enormous amounts of electrical noise, so be sure to kept it away from the audio portion of your system.