IGNORED

funny noise when .wav rip with dbpoweramp

Hello, Yes I am new here and asking for help.

When playing the .wav files with the WD Media player via S/PDIF optic cable to the Lexicon (MC80), I get between the tracks like a fine clicking noise. (Pink Floyd)

I used the fully set-up dbPoweramp to rip the CD with 48K / 24 bit and no errors.

Anybody any ideas ...

To start, when ripping CDs with any application you should set it to 16/44.1 as this is the native sample rate / depth of a CD. Best to avoid resampling especially to 48khz.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

First, thankyou for your effort.

I tried first at 44.1/16 --> the same.

I removed all meta data --> the same.

I unpluged the toslink from the media player to the Lexicon and pluged in the analog(red+white)cable-->the same.

I upgraded the firmware to the latest version on the WD Media player --> the same.

I played the files/tracks with the Windows media player from the same harddisk --> and a smooth transition from tarck one to track 2.

My next step will be trying an other/different Multi Media Player ... ?? like a Magig Pixel MD200 Mediabox ??

(http://www.pixelmagicsystems.com/support/downloads/brochures/hd_mediabox_brochure.pdf)

Or is there anything more promising out there?

Have a nice weekend ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WD hard disk --> Multimedia Player--(audio via toslink)-->Lexicon MC8-->7 channel Rotel Amps-->7xB&W+sub

--(Video via HDMI)-->42" LCD Sony

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a pleasure to listen to! (and i can`t hear any jitter ...)

What undoubtedly is happening is that the WD doesn't swallow the tag data properly;

Try an EAC rip and you will see all is right.

... I guess. :-)

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)