IGNORED

Just ordered my.....

James

I'm very much looking forward to it. I've had the Cosecant V3 for 10 months and have just loved it. I've got the Crimson with the Sabre chip as well.

Denominator Sabre32 DAC Module

Based on the 32 Bit Sabre DAC Chip, the Denominator uses the best of the best. We start out with are ultra low jitter Master Clocks at 45.1584/49.152 to support the range from 44.1K to 96K sampling rates. The Sabre32 is used in what is called "Synchronous" mode in that the Master Clock and the Sampling rate are Syncrhonous. We use discrete power supplies for all the analog supplies and the Master Clocks. Since I don't design with operational amplifiers (opamps) what so ever we use audio transformers to sum the differential output of the Sabre32 to conform to the modular basis of the Crimson design.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Congratulations! You are in for a real treat.

Wavelength Silver Crimson/Denominator USB DAC, Levinson 32/33H, Synergistic Research Cables and AC cables, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II with King Cobra CX cable, Wilson Sasha WP speakers with Wilson Watch Dog Sub. Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable/ Grahm Phantom/Koetsu Jade Platinum. MacBook Pro 17\" 2.3GHz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Pure Music, Decibel, Fidelia, AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable.

"Do you have one?"

Yes, since December 2006.

Wavelength Silver Crimson/Denominator USB DAC, Levinson 32/33H, Synergistic Research Cables and AC cables, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II with King Cobra CX cable, Wilson Sasha WP speakers with Wilson Watch Dog Sub. Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable/ Grahm Phantom/Koetsu Jade Platinum. MacBook Pro 17\" 2.3GHz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Pure Music, Decibel, Fidelia, AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable.

In general, I'm not a reviewer, but have reviewed dozens of systems and written about several. To be clear, I am NOT in the business, any longer, but do continue to work on, service and offer support to my friends and colleagues in high-end audio. That being said, I have been "playing" around with computer audio just out of the need to stay involved in the hobby while not working in the field for my main rev stream. Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out so as not to appear as a shill to any manufacturer. If you are like me, and have stepped away a bit from the dedicated two-channel (traditional) system, as I have, check it out. I work in a biz that requires pretty heavy computing power (Regional craft-beer distribution). So, I bought into the Mac/Apple solution after many years as a PC user. Yes, it's more expensive, but what you gain is peace! Enough of my philosophy. As a life-long audiophile, I needed to capture everything...travel audio, high-end desktop audio, bedroom audio, you name-it. Step up to a beautiful, 24 inch iMac desktop system. When portable, I had to have the slick, MacBook Pro. Having said that, I am a fanatical digital enthusiast from way back. If you're like me, you've owned a few outboard DAC's. I started with a Counterpoint DA-10 and hopped it up, as I do to everything. Then I went to a Sony NS999ES, hopped it up too. Then after just needing a music fix, I sought the Cambridge Audio DacMagic with the Mac and the Belden gold cable I heard worked well. Now that you're up-to-speed...hold tight! Imagine the Mac with the Cambridge Audio DacMagic and decent USB cable...connected simply as a buffer/pre-amp to my very modified (by me, and a masterpiece I might add) Audible Illusions Modulus 3 - completely upgraded with Auricaps throughout - and rewired with consultation with Art Ferris himself) fed to simple Audio Engine 2's through Audience Au24 interconnects - bass augmented with a pair of Energy subs...or the big Velodyne 18, when I need it! All I can say is computer audio is pretty damn good when you put some thought and experience behind it! For a a few bucks, Apple, Cambridge Audio, Costco or the like and some careful implementation can result in very rewarding audio. Enjoy and Happy New Year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bet you love your Crimson!

this Crimson thread?? The OP was talking about his new DAC he ordered (one model up from his current one) and folks are commenting on that. I don't understand the relevance of your comments (different DAC, not on topic, etc.). Your post belongs in another forum section, or it's own thread.