IGNORED

windows7/XXhighend

luurt

Hello to everyone,

I’m impressed by the high level of (digital) knowledge that seems to be common with most members. New (from the Netherlands) on this forum and with almost no computer/digital knowledge, I’m seeking for some help. As a hifi enthousiast, I would like to digitalize my CD collection and improve the sound of my system. A Weiss dac2 is coming soon and at this moment I’m focusing on a media pc. The composition needs to be flexible, in order to make future changes possible to (for instance) a Linn Klimax DS. Based on the information so far, the media pc will be made with the components as listed below. With the media pc I want to rip, store and play: cd, sacd, dvd and blue ray. My first request is to comment on this list in order to get it right or even better. The software I want to use are: dBpoweramp Reference R 13, XXhighend and J.River mediacenter. This software will run on Windows 7.

What worries me is how to get this system working, stable and sound. The shop where the media pc will be assembled seems to hesitate on installing XXhighend, due to their previous experience. It took them a lot of time to get the sound right and the system running stable. They suggest that I install XXhighend myself. Although a lot has been exchanged on the forum about XXhighend, I cannot get the picture right. For this subject my question is: is there a Step by step manual for installing XXhighend, based on Windows 7? How to get the best sound out of XXhighend?

I’m not afraid to do a trial and error course, but I have my limitations regarding installing software on a media pc.

Case - OriginAE S16V Mobo - Asus P7P55D-E socket 1156 Videocard - ATI HD5770 1GB

Memory - 2 x 2048MB DDR3 1600 MHz dual ch. CPU cooler - IBL 1210 High End Cooling

CPU - Intel Core i5 750 Quad Core Powersupply - Seasonic 400watt 82+

HDD OS - Intel SSD Postville X25 80GB 240MB/sec

HDD DATA - Samsung 2TB HD203WI 5400rpm 32MB HDD Silencer - IBL BOX10

Blu Ray - Pioneer BDC-S02 Bluray player Sound - via DAC

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit NL of UK

Media pc, Weiss dac2, Linn pre and power amps, Dynaudio C2, Lessloss DFPC signature and Lessloss firewire.

Best wishes for the New year

Ruud

luurt

Hi Ruud,

I've been using XXHE for a while now... and love its SQ.

But I understand that it may not be the most intuitve player to install or use. I would have thought that posting on phasure.com would be your best bet - Peter is excellent at replying in person to questions.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro