IGNORED

Mac Mini....Imac....Power Mac....what?

I agree that Mini does appear to have a small HDD, but having browsed the forums it seems most people are using NAS or some other method of external storage. So does the undersized HDD matter?

I thought software did exist to use Ipod and ITouch as a remote for the Mini or am I mistaken?

Paul

Are all audiophiles obsessive compulsives or is this just a Stereo Type? Yorkshire UK

Hey Tog - Welcome to Computer Audiophile. Thanks for the post. In fact I switch off between my iPod Touch and my MacBook Air to control my MacBook Pro music server. The screen sharing feature is so nice. I have a shortcut setup that automatically connects to my music server. Plus once you save the password in your keychain you never have to authenticate to your music server again. Very cool.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I wanted to add that most of what is being discussed here in terms of what the Mini is missing can be modded anyway. Hard drive size and RAM can easily be added, upgrade the CPU, you can change the optical drive, all sorts of mods are out there waiting to be googled and most are very cheap - pretty sure there was 'N' wiresless being developed as a mod or hack too...

Other thing is that in terms of a source for music - why not buy an older mini, do it up a little and enjoy it. Hardly demanding to run iTunes after all. I just got a current model 1.83GHz Core 2 Duo second hand for $500 shipped to Sydney (from US). May not sound that cheap to many of you, but considering they cost $850ish new here, I consider it a bargain!

Can't wait for my new toy :)