IGNORED

Control Point Software for iOS

glider

I run a few UPnP servers with different purposes. I would suggest the ability to select specific media servers only.

I also would like to see a function for any given number of random tracks from selected genres, artists, etc. On most control points you send some huge playlist to the renderer and activate random playback for that list. My suggestion is to create the random playlist automatically, considering the entire collection and the aforementioned filtering criteria.

I also run BubbleUPnP Server for OpenHome emulation, will test compatibility with Glider Music Player ASAP and let you know about it.

Cheers and take care!

1 hour ago, glider said:

I'm trying to imagine how this would work. Can you point me to an app that allows you to create a playlist like this?

BubbleUPnP Android app can do that, but with no filtering criteria. In this case a given number of tracks will be randomly selected from the entire library.

This functionality is nested under "Virtual folder" as "Random tracks".

Screenshot_20170726-101823.png

For now, I can report that it is working properly while controlling an OpenHome renderer provided by BubbleUPnP Server.

Oh, and by the way, the random track feature is amazing.

Somehow, the library is taking ages to sync with my MinimServer collection (84k tracks).

Keep up the good work!

I probably overreacted, sorry for the 'ages' expression. :)

I actually waited for the sync to finish and it is done by now. No errors reported.

One question: how to push an album to the renderer preserving the original track order?  All I can see is the random selector.

Photo Jul 26, 4 54 42 PM.png