extracampine

Show us your equipment / kit !

Rate this topic

I have changed a few things in my system .

Luxman C-900u Preamp

Luxman M-900u Amplifier

Totaldac Twelve 3 box 

Bel Canto e.One Stream

HS-453DX-8G-US QNAP NAS 

HD Plex 200W Linear Power Supply 

Joseph Audio Pearl 3’s 

(Pair) Rel Carbon Subs 

On 1/3/2017 at 11:43 AM, Jud said:

1- Gorgeous.

2 - I take it the problem of ion plasma tweeters poisoning users with ozone has been at least somewhat resolved?

;)

That's only if it's in the 40 watt range....   😀

37 minutes ago, curtpenn said:

Mostly stream Tidal HiFi either via iPhone through Airport Express or MacBook Air to Schiit Bifrost DAC. '70s-vintage Concept 3.5 receiver as preamp > SAE 2300 > Infinity Quantum 2. Probably less than $1,200 invested for some fine sound. Brings a smile to my face everyday!

Stereo stack 2019.jpeg

IMG_0488.jpg

It's never about the $$$, what matters is the enjoyment. Thanks for sharing!

18 hours ago, curtpenn said:

Mostly stream Tidal HiFi either via iPhone through Airport Express or MacBook Air to Schiit Bifrost DAC. '70s-vintage Concept 3.5 receiver as preamp > SAE 2300 > Infinity Quantum 2. Probably less than $1,200 invested for some fine sound. Brings a smile to my face everyday!

Stereo stack 2019.jpeg

IMG_0488.jpg

Very, very nice.  And I must say, a man’s room if ever I’ve seen one!  ✴️😀

I am going to load up a VR hologram of Accuphase faceplates to cover up this stuff...

Sonic Frontiers Pre-amp & Cal Audio CD Player.JPG

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

Just bought a tiny Little Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital for serious headphone listening. A little add-on to my Devialet system that has no headphone out. Very nice listening when working at my computer. It‘s amazing what they pack into these tiny boxes!

AC1C056F-FA6A-4F74-ACA8-C281B48FC7EF.jpeg

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

interesting fireplace diffuser...

Update...

Made all the parts that rest against cables 100% wood.  Found out that metal in racks can cause problems with unshielded cabling.   The nice bar stool found at Walmart, comes in various heights. Keep all wiring away from close contact with metal shelving, tubing, etc.   When in close proximity the metal can add a distortion to the sound and you might never know where its coming from.

Picture wood 3.jpg

Picture wood 7.jpg

One man's music is another man's noise.  It all depends upon what dimension in this life one finds themselves living in.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:57 AM, DeathFugue said:

VPI Prime Signature turntable with Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge

Esoteric K-03 CD/SACD player

McIntosh MA9000 (I feed my laptop into its DAC for hi-res FLAC and Qobuz files)

DALI Epicon2 speakers

SVS Ultra 13 subwoofer

Sennheiser HD800S and MrSpeaker Aeon (closed back)

I have the exact same turntable set-up. Nice. 

image.thumb.png.5bf0953bbe25f7274c62c90a28dcbc16.pngimage.thumb.png.cd22f2c6099f24a5b9d5682d61f1b98f.pngimage.thumb.png.502d95292315652fbd2f70b5da219c97.pngZ0APOWP.jpg

Third Floor: AE>audioengine 2+

Second Floor: 8 gig mac mini 2011 ssd>audioquest carbon USB>lampizator atlantic/melody m845 mono power amps>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: pioneer plx-1000 turntable w/ zu denon 103r cartridge and rogers pa-1a phono preamp

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5