extracampine

Show us your equipment / kit !

Rate this topic

Some changes since my last post...

dscn4715.jpg

dscn4716.jpg

dscn4717.jpg

The speakers are now JBL M2 and the room received a laminate flooring ...

Udayan

Interesting speakers!

Didi you bought them as a system, amps. et al?

Which amps?

Did you need pro assistance for their setup?

If you did it by yourself, it was hard to setup?

Thanks,

Roch

Hi Roch,

I bought them as a system. The associated amp is the Crown ITech 4x3500 HD.

It is very easy to install.

I measured the response of the system in my room and I introduced the appropriate corrections in the Crown.

The sound is exceptionnaly good.

Udayan

Quality system, good job.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30303[/ATTACH]

ATC scm40a

Torus Power TOT Max isolation transformer

T+A Dac 8 DSD

microRendu + Ultracap lps1

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

My loft audio :)

_DSC4145_1_1.jpg

_DSC4143_1_1.jpg

_DSC4140_1_1.jpg

The 'sweet spot' is located in front of the central pillar.

_DSC4158_1_1.jpg

She has quite different 'sweet spot' preferences :)

_DSC3125_1.jpg

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

LOL, what is it with cats and bass?, here's one of mine.

cat1.jpg

She has quite different 'sweet spot' preferences :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30336[/ATTACH]

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Hi Roch,

I measured the response of the system in my room and I introduced the appropriate corrections in the Crown.

Udayan

Nice system! Love to hear that. I have heard that the new Crowns are superb amps.

Been using the JBL Pro Cinema Series for custom home theater installs and they are amazing. Dynamics and jump factor are fantastic.

David

Hi Roch,

Udayan

Finally I see someone else groovin on these Crown Amps. I'm using the 10x less expensive XLS 2000 as monoblocks. Easily beat my older Bryston 7BSTs. I'd Love to hear your Itech amp Udayan!

Intel i7-6700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 8g Ballistix ram as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/LPS1 - AQVox Galvanic USB/LPS1 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Hi,

Yes the Crown is really a very good amplifier. But I can't compare with other amps because I changed also my speakers ....

As for the comparison with Bryston, I have no idea.

I am not sure that the 4 x3500 HD is better than the XLS 2000. It has some additionnal features and output power. But if you do not need these additionnal features ...

Udayan

LOL, what is it with cats and bass?, here's one of mine.

According to my knowledge we cats' owners are kind of second mothers to our pets - we feed them, pet them etc. There is one thing we don't do - we (well maybe most of us) don't purr. The subwoofers do. So my theory is - a sub is a third mother to a cat :)

My feline spends hours in front or behind the left sub. She doesn't care about the right one. Probably because the right one is simply farther from the fridge ;)

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

That perfect summing up could only have been written by a true cat connoisseur.

... brilliant.

... new product idea, sub woofer that incorporates jelly based food dispenser (my (old) cats are jelly mad!)

Lovely room BTW buddy.

;-)

According to my knowledge we cats' owners are kind of second mothers to our pets - we feed them, pet them etc. There is one thing we don't do - we (well maybe most of us) don't purr. The subwoofers do. So my theory is - a sub is a third mother to a cat :)

My feline spends hours in front or behind the left sub. She doesn't care about the right one. Probably because the right one is simply farther from the fridge ;)

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

That perfect summing up could only have been written by a true cat connoisseur.

... brilliant.

... new product idea, sub woofer that incorporates jelly based food dispenser (my (old) cats are jelly mad!)

Lovely room BTW buddy.

;-)

I'm flattered, mate. As for jelly there is 100% agreement between your cats and my old lady. The idea of jelly dispensing (let's call it) catwoofer is just terrific! But I'm afraid that in this case a sub would quickly become mother no.2 (or maybe even no.1) for our cats!

―  William Shakespeare.

****** Superstreamer, Supersever, exsound e22 ( Purestream Dac on order ) Dodd balanced tube buffer, Modded nCore 400 duel mono, Serenity Acoustics Super 7 with up graded X-over and wire, GR Research servo sub.

rom.jpg (46.8 KB)

rom3.jpg (55.6 KB)

rom.jpg

rom3.jpg

dscn4715.jpg

dscn4716.jpg

dscn4717.jpg

Udayan

Have you tried the speakers some distance from the wall? Also you may try them closer together.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Hello,

Not with the JBL but with my previous speakers (Genelec 8260).

And as expected the further from the backwall, the lower in frequency the cancellation induced by the reflexion on the backwall.

The positionning very close to the backwall created of course a big boost around 50 Hz, which I corrected in using the Crown equalisation capabilities.

I tried to have them closer together without any improvement in imaging.

Udayan

IMG_5382.jpg

Pretty scroungy, but figured I'd show the setup in the craft room. Between the 3 mad crafters I live with, and the cats and dogs, it gets messy. The sound is pretty good however, especially when I pull the speakers out from the window a few feet and throw all the pillows in front of the window. Behringer 8" powered monitors with 2-12" diy Dayton subs and 300 watt plate amps, Onkyo receiver, Onkyo 6 disc changer, old Teac tape deck, airport express fed from Mac mini in bedroom.

dscn4715.jpg

dscn4716.jpg

dscn4717.jpg

Udayan

Awesome!

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

The system's heart are the Legacy Vs, the DUDE preamp, Lampizator Golden Gate, a pair of Legacy LF Extreme subs, and CODA 15.5 amps.

Power output:about 3600 watts per channel.Of course I never use this much power, as it would be hazardous. But the headroom is there no matter the program material.

Latest updates the MicroRendu and LPS-1.

Edited by sgr

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31998[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31999[/ATTACH]

The system's heart are the Legacy Vs, the DUDE preamp, Lampizator Golden Gate, a pair of Legacy LF Extreme subs, and CODA 15.5 amps.

Power output:about 3600 watts per channel.Of course I never use this much power, as it would be hazardous. But the headroom is there no matter the program material.

Latest updates the MicroRendu and LPS-1.

Just awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I suggested to Chris that we have a subforum where we could have individual threads to showcase/describe our systems. But since that ain't going to happen, here are some pics of my setup.

DSC01099.JPG

System overview. The speakers are Acapella High Violon with the internal passive crossovers bypassed. The PC runs HQPlayer which generates the crossover using filters designed with Acourate. 8 channels of DSD is sent to a Merging NADAC, which then goes into 8 channels of power amplification and then into each individual driver. In other words, each speaker driver is under direct computer control.

DSC01101.JPG

The 8 channels are: tweeters, horns, bass cabinet, and subwoofers. The subwoofers were a custom design with the idea of blending in with my furniture. Each subwoofer has two Rythmik 12" subs in an isobaric configuration - four 12" drivers in total.

DSC01102.JPG

CD collection and touchscreen monitor.

DSC01105.JPG

Equipment rack.

DSC01107.JPG

Amplifiers. The large valve amp is a Cary CAD-211AE 110W push-pull. The small black amplifier is a Valvet A1R single end transistor. Not pictured is the Accuphase DP-700 300W solid state amp for the bass cabinet and the subwoofer amps.

DSC01109.JPG

From front on you can see the glow of the plasma tweeter.

DSC01111.JPG

A moody night time shot :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32007[/ATTACH]

From front on you can see the glow of the plasma tweeter.

1- Gorgeous.

2 - I take it the problem of ion plasma tweeters poisoning users with ozone has been at least somewhat resolved?

;)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> eero Pro router -> EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Can't smell any Ozone at all, Jud :)

Never do, before it gets you.... :o

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> eero Pro router -> EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.