IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

Very nice, impressive how clean and neat it is, I know how much work it can be to get to that point!

\"It would be a mistake to demonize any particular philosophy. To do so forces people into entrenched positions and encourages the adoption of unhelpful defensive reactions, thus missing the opportunity for constructive dialog\"[br] - Martin Colloms - stereophile.com

WOW! is all I can say!

Ted please tell what speakers those are, and the rest of your system as well...most impressive!

\"It would be a mistake to demonize any particular philosophy. To do so forces people into entrenched positions and encourages the adoption of unhelpful defensive reactions, thus missing the opportunity for constructive dialog\"[br] - Martin Colloms - stereophile.com

Dan, great attention to detail, nice acoustic treatments and setup, great kit!

actually very nice and clean nice setup.

you should see my cables, I get pissed, ever time I see them!

I think you understated it a bit, awesome stuff!

Mine is not worth looking at, but will shoot a picture.

make friends with your local machinist and have something really cool done and anodized.

Chris, how do you like the Soundcity outriggers? I just picked up a pair of speakers that don't have spikes or anything and I think could use some decoupling from the floor. Did you get the ones with the spikes or the rubber feet?

Great info, thanks Barry.

I guess I was thinking of decoupling visually and maybe not mechanically.

I can see my flat bottom speaker on my second story wood floor. The second story wood floor then becomes a large

vibrating transducer due to the large contact patch with the speaker. When you elevate it with the spikes or bearings it

now have a infintissimally small contact patch compared with the surface area the the entire bottom of the speaker and

will help avoid the booming bass that can occur with a suspended wood floor in the situation.

So yes it is more solidly coupled with the floor mechanically, but shares less surface area contact which reduces unwanted

resonances of the floor and speaker coupling.

Back to the ball bearings. If my speaker were never drilled from the manufacturer for spikes how do you get the bearings

to keep from rolling, do the tiles have some divots to place the bearings in? Sounds cool, I would like to try it. Maybe a vibrapod cone might work as well?

Barry, I love the DIY isolation rack!

Thanks for sharing!

Barry seems like the inner tube approach should actually yield isolation in the vertical and horizontal axis based on its

ease of movement in both directions, especially when only partially inflated. In the same thought I would think using a set of vibrapods under a piece of granite would have a similar effect on a set of speakers for much cheaper than the Townsend product.

Dynobot,

I tend to agree with you. But I think there can be different uses and functions. It think these can be blurred by marketing.

The small contact patch of the pointed end isolates the component sitting one it from the surface at the large end of the cone.

I have read about people using it as another function. Take a cone and say use a funnel as an analogy. The big end of the cone is like the large end of a funnel, gathering vibrations. The small end is then used to "sink" those vibrations away from the component to the surface below, providing it is vibrating less and at a different frequency, say a granite surface. I have seen this done on CD players, where 2 cones are turned tip up and one is under the CD drive turned large flat end up and tip down to sink the vibration of the CD drive out of the unit.

With the case of speaker spikes on a carpeted concrete surface, I think the idea is to proved a positive connection through the carpet and pad, into the concrete slab to give the speaker a solid base to work from. Thereby allowing the drivers to function efficiently.

Although pricey, here is a system with quite a bit if science and engineering behind it. They started doing work for national labs and aerospace; like making isolation platforms for electron microscopes, now have some audio applications.

With a resonanance frequeancy of 2.5Hz, it is well outside of the music range. For more money, they make a platform

with a resonance frequency that is .5Hz:

http://www.minusk.com/content/vibration_isolation_systems_applications/audio-reproduction.html

Hi Barry, thanks again for the info.

I am trying to picture the geometry of the ball bearing you describe.

There are so many different ones, but I can't seem to find one that makes sense in this

application. Can you send a link to a picture of a bearing that you mean.

Thanks.

Edit>>> I got it now, you are speaking of a purpose make isolator like the Symposium Roller Block, etc.?

I think this is one of the most innovative DAC's on the market given its function set like the use of a USB stick and it's super high res capability rates, can you even get music files that high? A bit ironic that it comes from perhaps one of the

most conservative companies on the audiophile world. They have certainly set the bar for functionality the Swiss Army DAC from the UK!

Very nice machining work are they 316 stainless?

Dan, I think this is the fun-est thread I have participated in; no arguing, just getting to see everyone's systems, and everyone sharing about their kit, great idea!

not as sexy as most....but she is very resolving...

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice set up!

Nice and clean, how do you like the Devores?

• 1 month later...

Love the sweet simplicity, whwat amp is that?

I must say the coolest avatar also....

• 3 weeks later...

I also have the Stratos Mono blocks, loving them, how do you like yours?

Beautiful speakers and room!

Yes, very cool statue on the wall!

I am the same, I had never heard of them until the Khartgo article came out.

Then about a year later my dealer suggested I try the Strattos. I ended up with a pair of Mono SE's. They are truly amazing.

• 9 months later...

beautiful setup, super looking speakers!

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice choice of components, must be a nice system.