IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

That was then....

I miss my Weiss. But white box has to give room for yet another black box.

Macbook Pro hidden out view....

4316274494_0791e4e14b.jpg

This is now...

4316309774_b0b31f2c79.jpg

Macbook Pro/MacMini/dCS Debussy/Cambridge 650BD[br]Vitus Audio SS-010/Living Voice OBX-R2 Speakers/Ultrasone Edition 8 phones[br]Airport Express/Meridian AD88[br]

@Audio_Elf: Yes it is a Cambridge 650BD.

As requested, the system is as follow:

HiFi Rack Gears: Naim DAC - Naim NAC202 – HiCap – NAPSC – NAP200 – Hi-Line - Harbeth Monitor 30

Computer Source: Macbook Pro – HiFace BNC (On order) – 5M Gotham 75Ohm cable BNC – Naim DAC

Silver Disc source: Cambridge 650BC – Naim DAC

Network: QNAP T219P NAS with 2 X 1.5TB. Network using wired Gigabit Ethernet most of the time.

Missing in Action: Logitech Transporter (sold), need another network client, thinking between Mac Mini or another Transporter or Logitech Touch. Any suggestions welcome.

Macbook Pro/MacMini/dCS Debussy/Cambridge 650BD[br]Vitus Audio SS-010/Living Voice OBX-R2 Speakers/Ultrasone Edition 8 phones[br]Airport Express/Meridian AD88[br]

Both DACs sound excellent as expected. I have yet to hear the Naim DAC extensively since I do not have proper Macbook connectivity without something like the HiFace, which is on order.

I miss the Weiss for its seamless connectivity to the computer, and of course I cannot fault it sonically. The Naim DAC without the XPS and without days of running in is already sounding at least as good playing off the Macbook via TOS and via a USB stick. One thing I notice is is the Naim seems to sound more 3-dimensional and female vocal sounds more "alive".

But I reserve judgement since without the Macbook I have not gotten a chance to plow through my music collection. Such is the benefit of CAS.