IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

Starting with a shot of right channel speaker. More to come..ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1417896578.808655.jpg

Source: Synology NAS > DIY Mediaserver • Software: JRiver MC31/Fidelizer Pro Optical output: ASUS Xonar AE 24/192 • DAC/preamp: Blue Cheese Audio Roquefort Digital cross-over: Xilica XP-3060 • Speakers: Electro-Voice TS9040D LX (for active config.)  Subwoofers: 2 x MicroWrecker Tapped Horns • EV horns amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV bass amp: MC² Audio T1500 • Subs amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV horns cables: Mundorf silver/gold 1mm solid-core • IC: Mundorf silver/gold XLR/Mogami 2549 XLR/Cordial CMK Road 250 XLR • Subs and EV bass cable: Cordial CLS 425 • Power cables: 15AWG Solid-core wire w/IeGo pure copper plugs (DIY)

• 5 years later...
On 3/21/2020 at 4:39 AM, Bazinga said:

Bel Canto Black System ASC2 

Focal Maestro Evo

Rel 212SE

DF9C6D74-2619-4407-80ED-7E92C2411303.jpeg

Very nice set-up. I know there's not much space, but have you tried having the REL's flanking your mains behind them?

Source: Synology NAS > DIY Mediaserver • Software: JRiver MC31/Fidelizer Pro Optical output: ASUS Xonar AE 24/192 • DAC/preamp: Blue Cheese Audio Roquefort Digital cross-over: Xilica XP-3060 • Speakers: Electro-Voice TS9040D LX (for active config.)  Subwoofers: 2 x MicroWrecker Tapped Horns • EV horns amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV bass amp: MC² Audio T1500 • Subs amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV horns cables: Mundorf silver/gold 1mm solid-core • IC: Mundorf silver/gold XLR/Mogami 2549 XLR/Cordial CMK Road 250 XLR • Subs and EV bass cable: Cordial CLS 425 • Power cables: 15AWG Solid-core wire w/IeGo pure copper plugs (DIY)

4 hours ago, mourip said:

Great system. Can you explain what your "shotgun" config is for your speaker wire?

Do you use two different thicknesses of Duelund to each speaker?

Thanks!

And thank you. 

Actually the shotgun configuration I'm using consists of two entirely different pairs of cables; the Mundorf silver/gold 1.5 mm solid-core cable, and Duelund's DCA16GA. For a while (close to 12 years now in total, with different speakers) I had already been running with the Mundorf in a single wire config with my current mains, but while an extremely good "monitor" cable I've always found it to exhibit a slight imprinting or signature of sorts, and one that shone through on all my previous speakers (where I've used it) as well in a similar fashion. Mainly it deals with a "reticence" in the upper bass/lower mids area, and a minute sense of glare/hardness further up in the frequency range. Overall it lacked a bit "bloom" and fullness to the sound. 

Then I read of the tinned copper Duelund wires (+ vintage origins) and their sonic traits, and not being expensive cables I set out to to exchange my Mundorf wires for a while with the Duelund's. What became immediately clear was that the tinned copper cables (in a baked, oiled cotton sleeve) addressed the areas with the Mundorf's I felt lacking, but not without its caveats; the highs now appeared too rolled off, and the overall presentation also felt a tad too rich or slightly fat even. I longed for a middle ground somewhere between the Mundorf's and Duelund's. 

Upon learning of this difference with his own ears an audio buddy of mine suggested that I simply shotgunned the two wires, because.. why not? And so we did in the immediate wake of his suggestion, and there we then sat with our mouths wide open when we heard the outcome of this - it worked! All I can say is that a great balance of insight and a naturally relaxed fullness has entered the sonic stage. 

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...