IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

This is my desktop system..I will need to make a photo of amp/dacs/PC..

Used a removable PC cam... I am no professional photographer.. And, have mercy. This was my first photo attempt.

Click on picture for larger size.

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 4.jpg

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise. 

• 2 weeks later...
very interesting looking speaker....that keyboard is wild too...wtf?

The speakers are Audience 1+1's. Audience ClairAudient 1+1 Personal Reference Monitor | The Absolute Sound Full range. No crossovers to add phase distortions, etc. They have a very clear soundstage and imaging. I choose to use a little bass EQ as to avoid needing a subwoofer. I use a BBE Sonic Maximizer 282r that provides a linear bass boost. I do not use any high frequency enhancement. Its not needed with great speakers. It provides a dynamic EQ which makes the bass very much alive sounding.

The keyboard? Adesso® EasyTouch 132 - Luminous 4X Large Print Multimedia Desktop Keyboard-Adesso® EasyTouch 132 - Luminous 4X Large Print Multimedia Desktop Keyboard It was designed to help the visually impaired. I chose it because I like to listen to my music and videos with the lights off. Its a keyboard with large letters. The color that allows you to see the letters when the only light to see the keyboard with is from your monitor. I find with the lights down it makes for a more relaxing listening time late at night. I needed to see the keyboard. So? Nothing fancy, nor very expensive. Just simply and gets the job done with little light to see it with.

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise. 

• 2 weeks later...
How do you like the Isoacoustics speaker stands? I was interested to see them. I just bought the recent Aperta model for under my B&W 805S' which sit on a wooden unit which also supports the plasma TV and the rest of my gear in the shelves below. I like what the stands did for me a lot against up turned spikes.

The speaker stands are really interesting. Very secure and decouples from the desk surface. I bought them for my standard monitors I had been using. The Audience 1+1's are bipolar. So, the Isoacoustic stands are not really needed for their function any more. When you have bipolar speakers they are like a gyroscope in how each side cancels out the vibration from the opposite side. I just use them because I have them, and I like the way they look with the set up I am now using.

Very interesting speakers. How far from them do you listen? My seated position is about 8ft. from the speakers. What is the imaging of the Audience like at that distance?

I am strictly nearfield. 8 feet I could not tell you. I do know that using a subwoofer is needed when listening at a distance. Audience also has a larger model. As far as imaging? Its hard to get better. No crossover and only one source driver facing you. Its the main reason I got them. Its hard to explain the difference. It just sounds no better than your source equipment. Certain distortions are gone in phase shift and crossover anomalies which we all take for granted with conventional designs. These speakers can be your enemy or your best friend. They just let through what it being put through. I use some linear bass boost for my nearfield, and I am all set.

My dad suffers from macular degeneration and has the same keyboard. Still can't really see it. Insists on driving though.

I use the keyboard because I sit with the lights off at night. The only light is what comes off my monitor. Its perfect for that reason. Sorry to hear about your dad.

What you see here is all I listen to. Pretty pedestrian, but I love the sound. Where I am right now has a lot of noise, so I rarely use speakers. I think most of this gear is listed in my profile, or reply if you have questions.

How do you like the iFi audio? I have been wondering about the micro – iTube to be used between my DAC and preamp for its benefits and effect.

• 6 months later...

Very adjustable speaker stands. Height and angle all adjustable in tine increments if needs. Great for exactness in near field PC listening. Its a modified drum rack.

Picture 44.jpg

• 4 months later...
Very impressive speaker stand. I've never before seen such adjustment possibilities. Extremely clever.

JC

Picture 44.jpg

BTW.... I needed to create a jig to make sure that the speaker pedestals are angled the same. You also will need a carpenter's level (long kind) to make sure both speakers sit the same height. Its requires discipline and a desire for precision. But, the results are surprisingly good. Small changes in angle, and minute changes in distance are frightening to watch how the stereo effect can be altered.

I could do ten different reviews of the same system by simply moving a speaker ever so slightly in a different way. It can become like focusing a microscope with fine tuning to zero in on various aspects of what you have on a slide. Stereo focus is also about minuscule movement in the higher frequencies. So, speaker distance being made equal to a given point (depending upon the quality of the recording) means zeroing in both speakers can make a difference between sounding like an audio speaker, or closer to convincingly real music. Height also is critical for the tonal balance in relation to where your ears sit with nearfield listening...

It is rewarding, but requires a learning curve that I am not sure everyone would be willing to put up with. Here are some pictures in what's involved with having an accurate set up. Some are for the pedestal angle jig. One, simply for how the height equality is achieved with a long carpenter's level. Of course, the angle for the pedestals themselves as far as fore and aft can use a simple level to make sure the pedestals sit equally flat.

Picture 53.jpg

No pain, no gain I guess?

Picture 51.jpg

Picture 54.jpg

Picture 55.jpg

Picture 50.jpg

Picture 52.jpg

• 1 year later...

Updated "desk-less" desk top system.   No more metal grate shelving.  Found that metal interacts too much with the audio equipment.  Converted everything that can interact now to wood.  Wooden bar stool makes perfect pedestal for monitor.

Audience 1+1V2+   My unused drum rack..  NuPrime DAC10 and  NuPrime ST10... etc...

Picture wood 1.jpg

Picture wood 2.jpg

Picture wood 3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2017 at 10:44 PM, stuck limo said:

What are you using for the keyboard/mouse table/stand?

Its a small solid end table found online.... Just worked out perfectly.  Small,  but just big enough for the keyboard and mouse.  If I can find the info I'll get back.

On 8/11/2017 at 10:44 PM, stuck limo said:

What are you using for the keyboard/mouse table/stand?

Just found it! :)

Look here.... Its well made.

26 3/4"W x 27 7/10"H x 15.75"D

http://www.bellacor.com/productdetail/tag-furnishings-group-390100-stacking-cs-safari-desk-541687.htm

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...