IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
@ Chris,

Do you have any details on the power running to your room?

Bill

Hi Bill - Certainly.

Power comes into the house from the street on the other side of the basement.

I had a very thick electrical cable run from that location to a closet right next to my listening room.

On the other side of this closet are the electrical outlets seen in the photos.

In the closet I have a dedicated power sub-panel with 5 dedicated 120v 20 amp circuits and one 240v circuit.

The entire sub-panel is grounded to a long copper pipe in the ground right outside this closet.

Inside the listening room each of the three groups of four outlets is on its own 20 amp circuit.

Closer to my amp is a group of four outlets with a different circuit running to each pair of two.

The 240v circuit is unused at the moment.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

That is my dream system too. I have always wanted to have Spectral gear because it is always state of the art. There is no upgrade path once you have Spectral. I heard the TAD CR1's at the last RMAF and TAD's room was the most realistic system that I have ever heard in my 30+ years of being in this hobby. Chris? Are those yours or loans from the companies? Also are you looking at doing any other room treatments or are you happy with the way the room is in its current configuration? I see all of the DAC's setting there but what are you using as your source of your music. I see a MBP at your desk but I don't see a MAC/PC or player with the gear that you have hooked up.

Hi Lee Harvey - I prefer not to loan equipment from manufacturers. Thus, I purchased my Spectral components and the TAD speakers. Correcting issues with my room is likely the next thing I'll do to my system. The sources are a C.A.P.S. v2 server, MacBook Pro, and a couple other Linux based servers. There is a passthrough hole in the wall that enables me to keep computers in a closet with a USB or AES or S/PDIF cable running into my listening room.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...