IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

My old large "cat scratching posts" aren't too photogenic these days, so here is a photo of the internals of my own design DIY headphone amplifier instead.

My main Class A preamplifier is quite similar too. It is also of dual mono construction with 2 outboard toroidal transformers, and is fully DC coupled.Both now use DACT2 attenuators.

Alex

spcbssmall.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

• 1 year later...
Is there a way to pre-order?

Chomping at the bit too ? (grin)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

• 5 years later...
32 minutes ago, Jud said:

Hi JC and @AudioDoctor, that's the FT101A tuner and "Signal Sleuth" antenna amplifier from Magnum Dynalab.

Hi Jud

Physically, the speakers look very much like my old DCM QED 1A Transmission Line speakers which are 36" x

11 3/4"  x 9 1/4", even down to the socks and wooden (?) tops and bottoms.

Kind Regards

Alex

2 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Awesome, I have thought about getting one of those from time to time. I use the FM tuner in my Mcintosh Reciever frequently to listen to MPR even though I could be listening to them online as well.

Wherever possible, you should always use an external FM antenna with good multipath rejection such as a Yagi type antenna.

8 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Boy I sure am glad I have you here to tell me these things... I don't know what else I would do...

Not everybody is as knowledgeable as you are :D Many wouldn't even know what a Yagi antenna is.¬¬

The problem is that there are so many misleading advertisements for indoor antennas of various types where they make BS claims of reception up to 100KM, even on some homepages such as Yahoo, and other Ads about doubling the speed of your Internet Downloads for the gullible consumer.