IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

Sorry but I do have to comment on that. To all the guys who don't have a carpet in their listening rooms - your systems deserve it! They deserve to sound good! I can assure you it will be the most fantastic upgrade since you began to listen to the music in this room and BTW probably the most cost effective one! :)

Thank you for the input Dr Tone.

I should have said that i'm happy with the sound getting out... it is an appartment, not mine...

and where i was standing for the picture, it is a row of thick cotton curtain doing the width, then it's my sleeping room open in the back.

i was just curious if for 35 canadian $ i could put 5 panels behind my speakers to give me more room feeling and adding little more bass or the 2 Zorbers panels for 35$ also... Don't have even that money to spend :-)

if those panels don't go there, or do nothing, i'll stay like i am now... thank you for input.

Dr.Tone is right the floor surface not covered by the rug is a bigger problem. If you place a bigger rug there you will also have an impression of bigger bass in the room. If you put absorbing panels behind the speakers the quantity of bass will lower but it's quality (speed, definition) will improve slightly. The side walls reflections shouldn't be a big problem 'cause the distance between the speakers and the walls is big enough.

Hi sphinxsix,

I would rather say "Asstraps" because these are additional seats !!!

Bass.. ass.. I knew that of course. Was just kidding. BTW that's exactly an additional colour element (seats also) I have in my white and blue listening room. I simply like the colours!

• 4 weeks later...
Are you using the same speakers for more than 50 years as indicated in your signature?

I believe sbank uses 50 years old ears which isn't bad IMO. If trained in critical listening can be much better than 20 yo despite worse looking hearing curve, mainly in high frequencies area (I say this from my own experience :) )

• 3 months later...
LOL, what is it with cats and bass?, here's one of mine.

According to my knowledge we cats' owners are kind of second mothers to our pets - we feed them, pet them etc. There is one thing we don't do - we (well maybe most of us) don't purr. The subwoofers do. So my theory is - a sub is a third mother to a cat :)

My feline spends hours in front or behind the left sub. She doesn't care about the right one. Probably because the right one is simply farther from the fridge ;)

That perfect summing up could only have been written by a true cat connoisseur.

... brilliant.

... new product idea, sub woofer that incorporates jelly based food dispenser (my (old) cats are jelly mad!)

Lovely room BTW buddy.

;-)

I'm flattered, mate. As for jelly there is 100% agreement between your cats and my old lady. The idea of jelly dispensing (let's call it) catwoofer is just terrific! But I'm afraid that in this case a sub would quickly become mother no.2 (or maybe even no.1) for our cats!
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
14 minutes ago, Oystein said:

I had the opportunity to hide the equipment ( WAF requirement 😅

Do I understand correctly - she doesn't know where the gear is or even if it's still there.? ;)

Are you cheating on your wife (in an audiophile sense).? x-D

3 hours ago, Oystein said:

Haha ... she knows it is there but upgrading was never as easy as now ... she will never notice if something has changed as long as I do not change the speakers 😉

P.S. we have a shared bank account so I can not go ballistic without getting noticed 😬

I still don't know what a woman not accepting my hobby or spendings means but if I were you I would patent the idea!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...