IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

AgentSmith...

Is that a Cambridge Audio BluRay player?

Do you take the output into your Naim DAC at all?

Eloise

PS. request to all - can you list what the equipment is - sometimes difficult to tell ...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 2 months later...

Did you know you seem to have Han Solo stuck to your back wall??

Eloise

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

• 2 years later...

Babybear... Am I right in assuming that your nickname refers to the largest animal which fits inside your speakers? :-)

Eloise

Eloise

---

• 4 months later...

Nice photo; but apart from the CAPS what's what?

My 2 channel rig with CAPS in the middle shelf... Still waiting on a Paul Hynes power supply then it will be complete...

Thx,

ejn1[ATTACH=CONFIG]4422[/ATTACH]

Eloise

---

• 4 months later...
I own some GX50s. Being a ribbon speaker, be careful on a PC nearfield setup as they won't like getting coffee or saliva or snot or semen splattered over them.

Yuck! I'm glad I'm not your cleaner!!!

Eloise

---

• 4 months later...

Does the jade Buddah help sound quality??

Eloise

---

Does nothing for the sound BUT it keeps my cats of the amp and that's good enough for me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8846[/ATTACH]

Now they are scary!!!

Eloise

---

• 7 months later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13514[/ATTACH]

Would be interesting if you can describe what we're seeing...

Eloise

---

• 3 weeks later...
Recent upgrade with more power.

Can Admin Rotate these photos? It just looks creepy.

I'm not an Admin ... but here you are HiFi...

image-3.jpg

Nice looking room there. I must have my usual request though ... what is the equipment we are seeing?

image.jpg

image-2.jpg

Eloise

---

• 1 month later...
Have made a few changes in the last 12 months...

Most recent arrival are the speakers I have dreamed of since hearing their predecessor nearly 10 years ago: Audiovector Si3 Avantgarde Arretes.

Last pic is the view from the listening position as the sun is setting in early Spring (Fall!) in southern Australia :D

Just curious ... but have you tried the speakers further forwards so that the large cabinet is not so much between the speakers - or indeed moving the cabinet completely?

PS. looks a lovely setup.

Eloise

---

Here's something different.

Instead of playback gear,

includes a short tour of my recording gear (and a preview of my most recent recording).

Thank you for sharing ...

I'm curious though ... in your "introduction" to the recording equipment, you describe the two main microphones, but I see in the video there are additional microphones for the vocalists, etc. Are these amplified separately and then you record the ambient signal from the room? How are these mixed / amplified?

Eloise

---

The two mics I point to are not the "main" mics, they're the *only* mics.

I'm not sure what you are seeing that you take to be microphones but I make a point of using no more than one microphone per playback channel. Since I'm recording in stereo, all the audio you hear is captured by that pair alone--the grand total does not exceed the two I point to in the "tour".

My apologies Barry ... looking back at the video I realise I am looking at the microphones (and baffle) you described (Mani was correct).

Can I ask how close the microphone arrangement is placed to the front of the "stage"? It appears like the centre baffle is immediately in front of the lead singer (guitarist) is that the case.

(Just trying to learn a little more here and embarrassed myself completely)

Eloise

Eloise

---

We all make mistakes. Even Ms. perfect. ;-)

If I meet Miss Perfect I'll check is she's right ...

I'm more...

MissBad.gif

Little Miss Bad

Eloise

---

• 6 months later...

Welcome to my parlour...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Naim UnitiQute --> B&W CDM7NT plus Arcam AVR400, Cambridge Audio 751BD and Pro-Ject X-Pack turntable.

Eloise

---

• 6 months later...
My living room:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21784[/ATTACH]

Nice to see a lived in and shared room...

Eloise

---

Thank you both. My living room is about 4.10m wide 2.80m high en 7.0m long. When we bought the house I asked if my girlfriend would not mind that there would be no TV in the living room and she agreed.

Lovely decision...

Eloise

---

Hmmm I cannot tell if Audio_ELF is being sarcastic.

Sarcasm detector might be in need of re-validation.

Sorry ... It wasn't sarcasm. My idea would be a good living room with music and a separate TV / cinema room which was used when there was something I actually want to watch.

Eloise

---

I also don't have the TV, and don't need it... funny thing is the people faces, and you can see a big question mark above their heads when asking where is the TV.

I divide my time between Music and Films and Dramas... And I'd rather waste my money on HiFi and other hardware at home than cinema tickets and popcorn.

Eloise

---

• 7 months later...
Is that William Morris wallpaper?

It is yes ... the system has changed since though.

Over the past 15 months I've replaced the B&W speakers with PMC 20.23 and added a NAP200 power amp to supplement the UnitiQute. Then recently the UnitiQute was replaced with a NAC-N 272. Still need a new cartridge for the turntable but apart from that everything is happy!

DSC_7120.jpg

DSC_7122.jpg

DSC_7126.jpg

Eloise

---