IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally finished the dedicated room and it sounds and feels fantastic. It's small but it's mine.

Sorry about the quality, have to take better ones at some point when the lighting's just right.

Front of room:

P1020801.jpg

P1020824.jpg

P1020806.jpg

Left side of the room:

P1020831.jpg

P1020820.jpg

Back of room:

P1020822.jpg

Right side of room:

P1020819.jpg

P1020826.jpg

Bill

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Mac Mini->Roon + Tidal->KEF LS50W

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sweet space, gear and dogs Blake! On the latter...do they ever settle down?? Our Boston's still a pup @ 14 months but he hasn't shown a glimpse of wanting to relax! He's either going 100% or he's asleep!

Bill

• 3 months later...

Nice setups lusitano! The first setup in the home office/library is my favorite...looks really inviting. The office space in the last one looks like the kind of place I'd like to work! I see some there aren't too thrilled with the DJ of the day and are wearing some cans.

Bill

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4451[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4452[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4453[/ATTACH]

Here is my humble system. I apologize for the poor quality of the images, they were taken with my ipad. Sam

Cool diffusors! Are they DIY?

• 3 months later...

Some changes to the setup:

1) Sold off the Dynaudio BM5AmkII and Benchmark DAC1 USB combo for a DAC2 HGC/Parasound A23/KEF LS50 setup.

2) Ditched the Benchmark DAC2 HGC and Parasound HALO A23 combo for the McIntosh MA6300 & Schiit Gungnir combo.

Now a happy man!

P1030332.jpg

Bill

Sweet! I would love to hear those KEF's, they have great potential based solely on the design. I too, have the Gungnir. I use a tube pre, I would think the Mac also would provide some 'softening' to the digital source.

Nice looking upgrade, I am sure you are having a ball!

Thanks! They do everything well down to @ 75Hz in my room. I'm rounding out the bottom end (to @ 35Hz at least) with an 8" sub and the Mac made it easier to blend the sub.

I've only got a couple hours on the Gungnir and so far no complaints!

Bill

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I use an iMac (2010) as the music server, running Mac OS X 10.9 with iTunes 11 and BitPerfect 2. Most of my CDs are now ripped in the ALAC format and I have some high def downloads in 24/96. The optical output of the iMac drives a M-Audio CO2 Converter via TOSLink optical. The CO2 is kind of nice as all inputs and outputs work simultaneously, allowing it to be used as both a splitter and format converter. The optical output of the CO2 drives an AudioEngine D2 transmitter and the CO2 coax output drives the JBL LSR-4326 monitors in the office. I'm using an USB port to drive a DACMagic Plus which is currently being used only as a headphone amp.

The D2 receiver is in the living room with the analog output driving a Musical Fidelity A3.2CR preamp. The Arcam CD92 CD player analog output is connected to the preamp rather than using the digital output, as I like to be able to play the few HDCD discs I have decoded for HDCD. The Music Hall MMF-5/Goldring turntable goes to the phono input on the preamp. The preamp drives a Behringer DEQ2496 which is used to tame room acoustic issues. This drives the Adcom GFA-555II which are connected to Paradigm Studio 100 v.3 speakers.

I had been using the DACMagic as the DAC for the D2 receiver, connected via TOSLink optical cable but I'm trying to simplify the chain, so am trying the AudioEngine DAC to see if I can tell the difference. So far, the verdict is still out.

I also drive three different AirPort Express units which are connected to other audio systems in the house. These include a hobby room with vintage gear, home theater system which also drives the patio and the garage. These are connected via Ethernet or WiFi, depending on the location.

The one anomaly with this system is that BitPerfect won't seem to allow Airplay to function concurrently with a 24/96 output. If I drop BP out of the stream, all the wireless receivers work well and I get 16/44.1 everywhere, but if I enable BP, AirPlay is disabled. While this is probably OK from a serious listening perspective, the UI seems to allow it to be configured to all work simultaneously.

In the office is the source ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11490[/ATTACH]

And in the living room is the output.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11491[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11492[/ATTACH]

FWIW, I did have some wireless connection problems with the AudioEngine D2. By moving the WiFi router/access point across the room (office) from the D2, these problems seem to have gone away. Right now, things are fairly stable.

Nice setups! How do you like the JBLs? How is their room correction compared to the Behringer?

Bill

• 2 years later...
What you see here is all I listen to. Pretty pedestrian, but I love the sound.[ATTACH=CONFIG]19224[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19225[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19226[/ATTACH] Where I am right now has a lot of noise, so I rarely use speakers. I think most of this gear is listed in my profile, or reply if you have questions.

Very nice spaces and setups!

I have a nice view into my garden from an English Tudor-era farmhouse with 18 inch solid stone walls.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26795[/ATTACH]

The speakers you can see are JM Labs Mini Utopias, with the inverted Focal tweeter.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26796[/ATTACH]

On the top left is a 25 year old antique Proceed PDT3 CD transport, for display purposes only. Beneath it a Boulder AE500 power amp. To the left, a BMC PureDAC fed by the Mac Mini below, running Roon & HQP, which up samples everything into DSD128. In between the Mac Mini and BMC is a Wyred4Sound USB Recovery. Bottom left is another antique - a Revox B260 FM tuner.

Now planning to pick up a MicroRendu from the second batch when I visit SF next week, and then the Mac Mini will be banished behind several stone walls to the dining room. An electrician this morning installed 30 feet of Cat6 ethernet in preparation. The system sounds pretty awesome now but I can hardly contain my excitement at what is to come.

Already planning new DAC (T+A Dac8) and more powerful Mac Mini to run mega DSD up sampling. But the speakers and amp are already amazing and I can recommend them to anyone with confidence.

Nikko

View from listening area.

Click on image for more detail:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26821[/ATTACH]

Hi,

genele10.jpg

Genelec 8260, Fanless computer with RME soundcard, Nas Synology, JRiver MC 21