IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
8 hours ago, cjf said:

New Listening Room almost same equipment. + 2 New Subs (Rythmik E15HP2's) + Audiolense Room Correction.

Ignore the wires on the floor, was still setting up new subs when pics were taken 😮

Great setup, love the floor.  Do you have some close up pics of your rack and platforms and some details as to what they are? 

My rig

4 hours ago, cjf said:

Thanks for the compliments. The wooden equipment rack is one that I built from Maple Butcher Block. At the very bottom of the rack are 4 Stillpoint Ultra SS feet which support the first layer of wood. Sandwiched between the two wood platforms are one layer of Cork Yoga Blocks and sitting on top of those is a slab of Granite. On top of the Granite slab sits 4 Solid Tech Disks of Silence isolation devices that are spring loaded as to allow the whole top platform to float/jiggle separately from the lower platform.

For the Amps I used 2 Slabs of Pennsylvania Blue stone which are about 75lbs each and very dense. They are supported by 4 Herbie Spikes inverted with points facing up so I can level the stones without harming the wood floors.

Thanks for the info!  A couple yrs ago? there was someone (maybe here) describing this same rack config - maple platform, cork blocks, granite etc..  Maybe it was you, can't remember. Anyway thanks.

I do however want to get Pennsylvania Blue stone for my mono's - suggestions on where to look/source?

My rig

• 7 months later...
7 hours ago, 4est said:

I live in Michigan, and a local landscape supplier had it as well. Why blue stone instead of slate?

No "real" reason per se, in researching this a while back blue stone had good mechanical properties for iso/vibration etc.. I think slate does as well, but its been awhile and honestly don't recall anymore. 

I have custom iso platforms utilizing springs and bearings for pretty much everything and was looking to have a base "platform" to set them on to look nice.  Never really found anything and ended up just getting several VTI amp stands for most of my components for my platforms to sit on for now.  It serves the purpose. 

My rig

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bazinga said:

BB2236BD-0541-4794-B6A5-DADBFE701789.jpeg

I assume the Devore's are a secondary setup? 

You have had sooo many top shelf components + spkrs shuffled through your system, you've had quite the journey.  Kudos.  Any favorites (if that's even possible)?  👍

My rig