IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

Well here's my system, recently updated with a Compaq laptop running Windows 8 Pro and JRiver v18. From there is a 2 meter length of Wireworld Ultraviolet to a freshly upgraded Schiit Bifrost. The upgrades include the new Uber analog board and a USB2 board (I ordered the Bifrost USB-less originally). The APC, DAC, CD/SACD player, receiver and amp all have Mojo Audio power cables, with the one going to the amp being a ribbon cable.

Speaking of amps, normally I use my robust Monarchy Audio SM-70 Pro to power the NHT 2.9's, but since the weekend, I've been trying out my brother's Dayton APA150 amp. Surprisingly, it sounds pretty darn good! Better than it has a right to, considering its price.

Anyway, enough yacking. On with the pics...

p1766897104-4.jpg

p1755397222-4.jpg

p1783501452-4.jpg

p1689476042-4.jpg

Digital Sources: Bluesound Node 2 w/ iFi SPDIF iPurifier | Roku Ultra NAS: Synology DS215J running MinimServer Preamp: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC Amplification: NuPrime STA 9 x2 Loudspeakers: Sonus faber Venere 1.5 Subwoofers: JL Audio e110 x2 Remote Control: Apple iPad Mini 2 w/ BluOS Power Conditioning: APC H15 | Blue Circle Cables: Wireworld | AudioQuest | Pangea 

Hello Chopsrr,

Lovely system, well organized and laid out. Better is better. :>}

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Why thank you, Richard! There's still a few things in the plans for this system.

Digital Sources: Bluesound Node 2 w/ iFi SPDIF iPurifier | Roku Ultra NAS: Synology DS215J running MinimServer Preamp: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC Amplification: NuPrime STA 9 x2 Loudspeakers: Sonus faber Venere 1.5 Subwoofers: JL Audio e110 x2 Remote Control: Apple iPad Mini 2 w/ BluOS Power Conditioning: APC H15 | Blue Circle Cables: Wireworld | AudioQuest | Pangea 

The one and only time (so far) I have seen cable lifts looking good - as does the whole system. We are not worthy!

Thank you, Jud!

I only bought them because I always liked the looks of cable insulators holding up speaker cables, especially these insulators because they are originals straight off of telegraph poles along side old railroad tracks. Not only that, but it cost me the same for all eight of these shipped as three (audiophile ones) would cost, minus shipping!

• 1 year later...

Here's the latest on my system as it's changed quite a bit from 3 years ago. Long gone is the whole multi-channel setup, HT receivers, PS3, projectors and screens. It's just strictly 2-channel from here on out, which has always been my passion. I just grew tired of the multiple speakers and clutter. Even when I was running a HT setup, it was always focused around 2-channel "tuning" so to speak.

Anyway, enough yammering about. On with some pics...

p1249897325-5.jpg

p1249895173-5.jpg

p1242800525-5.jpg

p1249897673-5.jpg

p1242800212-5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A little system update...

Since our TV is connected via wifi and works perfectly, and the Marantz NA6005 is also wifi capable, I decided to give it try this past week. Every single file and music type I threw at it from my NAS, it performed flawlessly. Both Pandora and internet radio work flawless as well via wifi. So after three days of testing and listening, I decided to remove the music server gear (laptop, NAS, network switch and CAT5) from the system and/or room.

Essentially, a lot less clutter once again! As they say, less is more! :D

All of the music server gear is now neatly installed in our son's closet on the top wire shelf with plenty of ventilation. It's all out of the way yet still easily accessible, and still hardwired into the network.

Better pics to come later...

p1316296231-5.jpg

p1316296239-5.jpg

p1316296258-5.jpg

p1316296577-5.jpg

p1316296645-5.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow, this is a booming thread... Not really. But anyways...

Got this all upgraded and updated this morning. New Netgear Gigabit switch, 6TB NAS, two 2TB USB drives (one for music backup, the other for picture backup).

p1415540685-5.jpg

p1415540525-5.jpg

p1415540613-5.jpg

10TB of storage sitting there, waiting to be used...

p1415540731-5.jpg

And a few quick pics of the system with the Oppo installed. I'll be dropping that shelf a little today to gain more ventilation to the Oppo.

p1415556651-5.jpg

p1415556663-5.jpg

p1415557069-5.jpg

which Synology NAS is this? i'm in the market for a NAS and i find their product line utterly bewildering. i just need file back up for a mac based system, i don't need to run any apps.

but nice set up tho. i'm intrigued by the 3.2 preamp- still sounding good?

It's the DS215J. So far, so good. The 3.2 still sounds excellent! And now with ALL cabling being Wireworld, it sounds even better!