IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

3 hours ago, DuckToller said:

Edit: your equipment looks well selected and I'll imagine it sounds excellent, I heard some Vivid Speaker driven by  MolaMola gear last year in Munich. 

I absolutely love the Vivids. I think Laurence Dickie, of B&W Nautilus renown, is an amazing speaker designer with function following form. For example the Clef shaped funnel not only looks cool (IMO) but "funnels the sound away and absorbs it so that it never comes back to interfere with the diaphragm". I got the G2s (mid-size) as the G1 (largest) I believe are really for a bigger space. The "vivid" sound is indeed vividly life like, which is to say neutral. nothing to detract from the music or bring attention to themselves.I listened to a great many speakers prior to purchasing the Vivids after extensive auditioning in my home.

The Vivids are a perfect match with the Gryphon Mephisto/Pandora amplification IMO, that same neutrality and transparency which just leaves you listening to music, not the gear (provided the recording is half decent). I have not heard them with MolaMola but did listen with a number of other amps and over the decades have owned many other amps/pre-amps. The Gryphon Kalliope DAC IMO is also extraordinary. I didn't go all Gryphon by brand loyalty and auditioned many DACs. I found for example the MSB DACs (Diamond V, Signature, Platinum) are for me too analytical with huge soundstage that  'impresses' people. The Kalliope just got out of the way of the music.I have not heard the MSB Select DAC and my wife says I never will 🤔! As I sit back and listen in awe at times, and as awe is replaced by musical joy, my upgraditis is virtually cured.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

• 3 years later...