IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

6 hours ago, phusis said:

And thank you. 

Actually the shotgun configuration I'm using consists of two entirely different pairs of cables; the Mundorf silver/gold 1.5 mm solid-core cable, and Duelund's DCA16GA. For a while (close to 12 years now in total, with different speakers) I had already been running with the Mundorf in a single wire config with my current mains, but while an extremely good "monitor" cable I've always found it to exhibit a slight imprinting or signature of sorts, and one that shone through on all my previous speakers (where I've used it) as well in a similar fashion. Mainly it deals with a "reticence" in the upper bass/lower mids area, and a minute sense of glare/hardness further up in the frequency range. Overall it lacked a bit "bloom" and fullness to the sound. 

Then I read of the tinned copper Duelund wires (+ vintage origins) and their sonic traits, and not being expensive cables I set out to to exchange my Mundorf wires for a while with the Duelund's. What became immediately clear was that the tinned copper cables (in a baked, oiled cotton sleeve) addressed the areas with the Mundorf's I felt lacking, but not without its caveats; the highs now appeared too rolled off, and the overall presentation also felt a tad too rich or slightly fat even. I longed for a middle ground somewhere between the Mundorf's and Duelund's. 

Upon learning of this difference with his own ears an audio buddy of mine suggested that I simply shotgunned the two wires, because.. why not? And so we did in the immediate wake of his suggestion, and there we then sat with our mouths wide open when we heard the outcome of this - it worked! All I can say is that a great balance of insight and a naturally relaxed fullness has entered the sonic stage. 

I just want to share my adventure with Duelund wire.  I've tried 12, 16, 20, and 26 awg wire.  After listening to all kinds of configurations, I run a shotgun of 12awg/20awg for speaker cables.  The 12 is great for bass and is detailed yet weighty, and the 20 is not rolled off in the treble, yet has rich tone and textures in the mids (my speakers are bi-wireable obviously).  I've been very happy with this combo for some time.  I also made interconnects out of the 26awg, and they are fantastic!  So much so, two of my friends now run the same in their setups and were blown away.  One major note: DO NOT twist any of the wires!  The sound quality suffers very noticeably.  Also, nothing I've made is shielded, and all is dead silent.