IGNORED

Best linear PSU for SonicTransporter?

BTW, Andrew at VortexBox has confirmed that the large SonicTransporter will run fine with a 12V/5A supply.  And in fact we have several clients using our JS-2 (choke-filtered, dual-output, 5-7A) LPS with the i7 SonicTransporters.

The DC input jack of the big ST units is not ver standard, so this adapter comes in handy to allow use of a 5.5mm x 2.5mm cable plug:

http://www.bixpower.com/CNT-C24-p/cnt-c24.htm

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Cyrus said:

Superdad:  I had previously eliminated the JS-2 due to my SGC i7 sonicTransporter's 19V requirement.

For Reconfirmation.... the JS-2 can power the i7 Kaby Lake unit (and it's future replacement) safely and adequately (for both the JS-2 and the sonicTransporter)?

No problem. The JS-2 can output 7.4 amps at 12V round the clock and barely be warm.  The Small Green Computer sonicTransporters call for a 5A supply.  

There are a lot of JS-2/sonicTransporter owners out there. :D

5 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

@Superdad  Thank you. Now I need to choose between power supplies. I will reach out to you directly.

Sure, that’s great.

We build and ship about 25 JS-2s per month.  The batch of 13 we built last week are going through our Q.C. and test/burn-in cycle now. They will be ready to ship next Tuesday, June 25th. As of this morning, 9 of the 13 are pre-sold.

Thanks,

—Alex C.