IGNORED

Allo digione use - what do I need to set this up?

Got my Digione today. It is very good sounding. I'm running through BNC out of Digione to BNC on my 2Qute. Is it better then USB from RPI to 2Qute? I cannot hear any huge difference, but it is at least as good. Why I wanted to try it? USB on RPI is considered 'dirty' but 2Qute has galvanic isolation so it makes RPI a very pristine sounding player, anyway I decided to try. 

I feel it was a nice try but so far it have not really improved the SQ for me. What it has improved - USB connection sometimes would make these little pop/reset sounds, it might be due that the RPI bus is shared between ethernet and USB.

With Digione's BNC not pops or any other artifacts, at least that's an improvement. May be the sound will improve with burn in of Digione or/and BNC cable, which is possible, but it is too much of a voodoo concept to me.

Happy listening

my > overly > fancy > system > with > directional > interconnects > powered > by > ego & linear fusion reactor

12 minutes ago, George Hincapie said:

What BNC cable do you use? Are you using a quality LPSU to power the Pi?

BNC cable ordered from Allo with Digione, looks very nice even it is a bit too long for my needs.

LPSU, no I am not using any LPSU.

To my ears, my setup sounds so good that I mostly concentrate on music, not on LPSUs or cables of different kind..LOL

Only once in a while when I have a hardware itch I do read these hardware threads on forums and try something, but again music consumes most of my time, not jumping from dac to another more expensive dac and cable after cable. 

my > overly > fancy > system > with > directional > interconnects > powered > by > ego & linear fusion reactor

15 minutes ago, George Hincapie said:

The Allo BNC cable can be bettered easily for not much money - have a look on Ghent Audio.

If you want me to feel like I'm missing something you'd need to provide some kind of proof that Ghent Audio's BNC cable is better than Allo's BNC cable. Otherwise you sound like you just want to feel better at anybody's expense, in this case my. You said it is very well - do what you want, it is your life.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@hopkins thank you for this link

I'm trying it out, some new options to try that are not on Volumio.

One thing that surprised me, while copying to internal storage over SMB music does not get interrupted, like it does under Volumio, which is nice!

The thing I miss is scrobbling to lastfm.

I'll play with it for a while, since the DietPi footprint is so low I installed it on a 16Gb card I had around and now I can swap Volumio and DietPi on my RPI.