IGNORED

Allo digione use - what do I need to set this up?

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Bikutoru said:

Got my Digione today. It is very good sounding. I'm running through BNC out of Digione to BNC on my 2Qute. Is it better then USB from RPI to 2Qute? I cannot hear any huge difference, but it is at least as good. Why I wanted to try it? USB on RPI is considered 'dirty' but 2Qute has galvanic isolation so it makes RPI a very pristine sounding player, anyway I decided to try. 

I feel it was a nice try but so far it have not really improved the SQ for me. What it has improved - USB connection sometimes would make these little pop/reset sounds, it might be due that the RPI bus is shared between ethernet and USB.

With Digione's BNC not pops or any other artifacts, at least that's an improvement. May be the sound will improve with burn in of Digione or/and BNC cable, which is possible, but it is too much of a voodoo concept to me.

Happy listening

What BNC cable do you use? Are you using a quality LPSU to power the Pi?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, hopkins said:

I cannot answer concerning the clocks, but did compare the DigiOne to the Hifiberry (in French here :http://forum-hifi.fr/thread-4520.html)  and found the DigiOne to be noticeably better. I have been using it for the past few months in my main system (connected via bnc cable to a wadia dac) and feel no need to change anything! 

The better your system the more you will benefit from the quality of the DigiOne... 

Thanks for that. What are you using to power it?

I have the new Mamboberry supply for my HFB Digi+ Pro. I also have a LPSU from Tomanek which is excellent.

I ordered the DigiOne last night, so we'll find out soon enough!