Jump to content
IGNORED

I Need To Buying New Hardware And I Don't Now What!


Recommended Posts

Hello Fellow Computer Audiophile's.

 

Now I use a old PC Laptop, with Roon, Signalyst HQPlayer, NAS (with ripped CDs and DSD) and of course TIDAL HiFi mostly playing the new Masters, I love the sound from MQA?

But I need new hardware, please help me to chose that I shall buy!

I'm open for any suggestions as long as it's a hardware, that I can use for a longtime and upgrade after needing!!!
Well as "Newbie" here so do I hope that people on Computer Audiophile's are helpful and trustworthy!
 

So I put my faith into your experience and knowledge, when it comes to that I need and shall buying!

 

Remember that I now how music shall sound, but my skills in the computer world are so I managed to get a pc laptop run 
I have been a professional musician and studio producer, studio and live engineer since 1978, so almost 40 years!

 

I hope that you will help me with my new hardware, so I can get everything running smooth and better!

 

Just so you know!!!

I have everything else! Like amps, DAC's, speakers, the best different cables, electric supply and Entreq grounding products.

 

L&R 

String 

Professional Musician And Studio Producer, Studio/Live Engineer for almost 40 years.

Of corse a HiFi/High-end Audiophile.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, String said:

But I need new hardware, please help me to chose that I shall buy!

I'd start by reviewing the posts in this thread if you want to build it yourself from components.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/25149-design-a-pcserver-for-roon-and-hq-player/

 

NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

 

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 2004/HDPLEX 300W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Link to comment

Thanks but as I wrote!

 So doesn't I need, well the most that you wrote :D.

 

 I shall not buying a new hifi/high-end system!

Professional Musician And Studio Producer, Studio/Live Engineer for almost 40 years.

Of corse a HiFi/High-end Audiophile.

Link to comment

I forgot to write, because of sickness so can't I hold in a screwdriver anymore!

So I can't build bye myself!

Professional Musician And Studio Producer, Studio/Live Engineer for almost 40 years.

Of corse a HiFi/High-end Audiophile.

Link to comment
36 minutes ago, String said:

I shall not buying a new hifi/high-end system!

The thread I referenced talks about building a new PC.  I know you said you have all the necessary audio components.

 

30 minutes ago, String said:

I hold in a screwdriver anymore

OK then you are looking for either

a custom built PC or

sonicTransporter from Small Green Computer (SGC) or

ROCK from Roon or

music server from Aurender or many other vendors

 

I build my own PC so I will let other users advise you further.  There are a zillion options.  A lot depends on the extent to which you want a turnkey system that just works and how much you want to spend.

NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

 

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 2004/HDPLEX 300W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Link to comment

Rickca!

 I think that Small Green Computers are way to expensive, regarding to that they can! Playing Music ?.

Becuse I'm a little bit splitter'd! A "thing that only can play music" or a multimedia computer! But the power on the music part. Woe it's nice to have a web browser and watching Qello Music live concerts!

 I have tried Aurender S10 and N10, cost more than they promise!

 

 I maybe need to built it myself, so I get it the way I want it ?.

I'm not afraid to get my hands "dirty" but a computer and it's different parts are or shall be pretty clean!

 

beerandmusic! I shall tell you what's wrong with the one I have now!

It's a 8-9 year old pc laptop! Well it works great as long I don't use the DSP's in Roon and things like that :). For 8-9 years ago so was it Toshiba's most powerful laptop and their wasn't any games (to my son's opinion)!

Becuse I don't like to playing ?, except music ?.

 

I know that if I removed all crap, like many programs and used for example Fidelizer! Put it on Purist, recommended for serious audiophiles who want to improve audio performance on a machine (computer) that only works/are used on audio.

This will slow none-audio processes and stop system service!

 

 I have talked to a friend who works with computers, he said!

well it will hopefully hold together until you have decided, or bought a new computer (hardware)! So that's a solution ?. OR?

Professional Musician And Studio Producer, Studio/Live Engineer for almost 40 years.

Of corse a HiFi/High-end Audiophile.

Link to comment
On 6/23/2017 at 6:13 AM, String said:

Rickca!

 I think that Small Green Computers are way to expensive, regarding to that they can! Playing Music ?.

Becuse I'm a little bit splitter'd! A "thing that only can play music" or a multimedia computer! But the power on the music part. Woe it's nice to have a web browser and watching Qello Music live concerts!

 I have tried Aurender S10 and N10, cost more than they promise!

 

 I maybe need to built it myself, so I get it the way I want it ?.

I'm not afraid to get my hands "dirty" but a computer and it's different parts are or shall be pretty clean!

 

beerandmusic! I shall tell you what's wrong with the one I have now!

It's a 8-9 year old pc laptop! Well it works great as long I don't use the DSP's in Roon and things like that :). For 8-9 years ago so was it Toshiba's most powerful laptop and their wasn't any games (to my son's opinion)!

Becuse I don't like to playing ?, except music ?.

 

I know that if I removed all crap, like many programs and used for example Fidelizer! Put it on Purist, recommended for serious audiophiles who want to improve audio performance on a machine (computer) that only works/are used on audio.

This will slow none-audio processes and stop system service!

 

 I have talked to a friend who works with computers, he said!

well it will hopefully hold together until you have decided, or bought a new computer (hardware)! So that's a solution ?. OR?

^^^ I guess you are saying you want a new computer....

I like ASUS vivo pc with i5 or i7.  They are the perfect size...not too small and not too big, and lots of options...hdmi, optical, 2 usb 3.0 4 usb 2.0 and even an sd slot....the thing i like MOST about them is how easy the lid comes on and off to swap out the ssd/hd .  I own 5 or 6 of them....highly recommend..

 

 

 

Link to comment
On 6/23/2017 at 9:13 AM, String said:

Rickca!

 I think that Small Green Computers are way to expensive, regarding to that they can! Playing Music ?.

 

 

 

Not really expensive when considering what they offer out of the box. Not everyone can put together computers. Besides, if you look a bit carefully, you can find these for a fraction of the list price, right now:

 

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/fs-sonictransporter-i5-399/27477

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...