IGNORED

I Need To Buying New Hardware And I Don't Now What!

Hello Fellow Computer Audiophile's.

Now I use a old PC Laptop, with Roon, Signalyst HQPlayer, NAS (with ripped CDs and DSD) and of course TIDAL HiFi mostly playing the new Masters, I love the sound from MQA?

But I need new hardware, please help me to chose that I shall buy!

I'm open for any suggestions as long as it's a hardware, that I can use for a longtime and upgrade after needing!!!
Well as "Newbie" here so do I hope that people on Computer Audiophile's are helpful and trustworthy!

So I put my faith into your experience and knowledge, when it comes to that I need and shall buying!

Remember that I now how music shall sound, but my skills in the computer world are so I managed to get a pc laptop run 
I have been a professional musician and studio producer, studio and live engineer since 1978, so almost 40 years!

I hope that you will help me with my new hardware, so I can get everything running smooth and better!

Just so you know!!!

I have everything else! Like amps, DAC's, speakers, the best different cables, electric supply and Entreq grounding products.

L&R 

String 

Professional Musician And Studio Producer, Studio/Live Engineer for almost 40 years.

Of corse a HiFi/High-end Audiophile.

5 minutes ago, String said:

But I need new hardware, please help me to chose that I shall buy!

I'd start by reviewing the posts in this thread if you want to build it yourself from components.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/25149-design-a-pcserver-for-roon-and-hq-player/

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Thanks but as I wrote!

So doesn't I need, well the most that you wrote :D.

I shall not buying a new hifi/high-end system!

Professional Musician And Studio Producer, Studio/Live Engineer for almost 40 years.

36 minutes ago, String said:

I shall not buying a new hifi/high-end system!

The thread I referenced talks about building a new PC.  I know you said you have all the necessary audio components.

30 minutes ago, String said:

I hold in a screwdriver anymore

OK then you are looking for either

a custom built PC or

sonicTransporter from Small Green Computer (SGC) or

ROCK from Roon or

music server from Aurender or many other vendors

I build my own PC so I will let other users advise you further.  There are a zillion options.  A lot depends on the extent to which you want a turnkey system that just works and how much you want to spend.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Rickca!

I think that Small Green Computers are way to expensive, regarding to that they can! Playing Music ?.

Becuse I'm a little bit splitter'd! A "thing that only can play music" or a multimedia computer! But the power on the music part. Woe it's nice to have a web browser and watching Qello Music live concerts!

I have tried Aurender S10 and N10, cost more than they promise!

I maybe need to built it myself, so I get it the way I want it ?.

I'm not afraid to get my hands "dirty" but a computer and it's different parts are or shall be pretty clean!

beerandmusic! I shall tell you what's wrong with the one I have now!

It's a 8-9 year old pc laptop! Well it works great as long I don't use the DSP's in Roon and things like that :). For 8-9 years ago so was it Toshiba's most powerful laptop and their wasn't any games (to my son's opinion)!

Becuse I don't like to playing ?, except music ?.

I know that if I removed all crap, like many programs and used for example Fidelizer! Put it on Purist, recommended for serious audiophiles who want to improve audio performance on a machine (computer) that only works/are used on audio.

This will slow none-audio processes and stop system service!

I have talked to a friend who works with computers, he said!

well it will hopefully hold together until you have decided, or bought a new computer (hardware)! So that's a solution ?. OR?

On 6/23/2017 at 6:13 AM, String said:

Rickca!

I think that Small Green Computers are way to expensive, regarding to that they can! Playing Music ?.

Becuse I'm a little bit splitter'd! A "thing that only can play music" or a multimedia computer! But the power on the music part. Woe it's nice to have a web browser and watching Qello Music live concerts!

I have tried Aurender S10 and N10, cost more than they promise!

I maybe need to built it myself, so I get it the way I want it ?.

I'm not afraid to get my hands "dirty" but a computer and it's different parts are or shall be pretty clean!

beerandmusic! I shall tell you what's wrong with the one I have now!

It's a 8-9 year old pc laptop! Well it works great as long I don't use the DSP's in Roon and things like that :). For 8-9 years ago so was it Toshiba's most powerful laptop and their wasn't any games (to my son's opinion)!

Becuse I don't like to playing ?, except music ?.

I know that if I removed all crap, like many programs and used for example Fidelizer! Put it on Purist, recommended for serious audiophiles who want to improve audio performance on a machine (computer) that only works/are used on audio.

This will slow none-audio processes and stop system service!

I have talked to a friend who works with computers, he said!

well it will hopefully hold together until you have decided, or bought a new computer (hardware)! So that's a solution ?. OR?

^^^ I guess you are saying you want a new computer....

I like ASUS vivo pc with i5 or i7.  They are the perfect size...not too small and not too big, and lots of options...hdmi, optical, 2 usb 3.0 4 usb 2.0 and even an sd slot....the thing i like MOST about them is how easy the lid comes on and off to swap out the ssd/hd .  I own 5 or 6 of them....highly recommend..

On 6/23/2017 at 9:13 AM, String said:

Rickca!

Not really expensive when considering what they offer out of the box. Not everyone can put together computers. Besides, if you look a bit carefully, you can find these for a fraction of the list price, right now:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/fs-sonictransporter-i5-399/27477