IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

On 4/13/2019 at 2:02 AM, mrwiggles said:

Adding on...it's almost like the USBridge board is not getting power but the Sparky board is. But I don't see how this is possible given that it worked just fine yesterday and other than swapping DACs there have been no changes. No drops or physical damage that would explain anything changing. @ALLOsupport @Allo

you mean the RED led on USBridge not lighting ?   using single power or dual power ?  

Allo.com Tech. Support

@Allo  @ALLOsupportThe Usbridge could not somehow pass the data stream to my Musical Fidelity MS6si on-board DAC. It shows up in Roon it plays in Roon's interface but no sound is produced. I could hear a click in the Dac/amp when the usbridge is booted but could not get it working. I tried different startup combinations - DAC before bridge, Bridge before DAC, but to no avail. I tried connecting an IPad and a Laptop to the same DAC and they played without issues. What could be the issue? 

4 hours ago, Lukasluis said:

@Allo  @ALLOsupportThe Usbridge could not somehow pass the data stream to my Musical Fidelity MS6si on-board DAC. It shows up in Roon it plays in Roon's interface but no sound is produced. I could hear a click in the Dac/amp when the usbridge is booted but could not get it working. I tried different startup combinations - DAC before bridge, Bridge before DAC, but to no avail. I tried connecting an IPad and a Laptop to the same DAC and they played without issues. What could be the issue? 

as per MS6si spec its supports up to 96k , you need to configure the dac  usb-dac-1.1 on allo web GUI ->system settings ->sound card

Allo.com Tech. Support

58 minutes ago, ALLOsupport said:

as per MS6si spec its supports up to 96k , you need to configure the dac  usb-dac-1.1 on allo web GUI ->system settings ->sound card

Thanks for the prompt reply. If I select usb-dac-1.1 will I still be able to use the USBRIDGE with my other DAC which supports up to DSD 256  without switching back to usb-dac-2? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 11:20 PM, trungdng said:

Dear,

Anyone here diy_test to use USBridge with Raspberry PI, how about quality result? And compare with IFI ipurifier 3 :D

Thanks with warm regards,

As far as I know, the USBridge does not work with the RPI. It works with the Allo Sparky.

I had one for a little while. Using the HQP NAA, it worked up to DSD 512. I found the sound was not for me, though. In addition, the supplied USB 3 ethernet dongle did not work, and there have been issues with updates, etc. Perhaps these issue have been remedied now (it's been a year since I had mine)

If you read through the USBridge topics here on CA, you have get a sense of how it is working for people.

I got something to ask.

The website says:

"So we developed a new board that is connected to the bottom of Sparky. Sparky has 2 independent USB controllers (2 highways), and we connect to the second one. "

Which one is the second one that Usbridge connected to? To be more specific if I connect music usb ssd to Sparky to play from there, which usb port at Sparky should the ssd be connected to, to have least interference to Usbridge's music usb port output?

8 hours ago, lateboomer said:

I got something to ask.

The website says:

"So we developed a new board that is connected to the bottom of Sparky. Sparky has 2 independent USB controllers (2 highways), and we connect to the second one. "

Which one is the second one that Usbridge connected to? To be more specific if I connect music usb ssd to Sparky to play from there, which usb port at Sparky should the ssd be connected to, to have least interference to Usbridge's music usb port output?

On sparky other than USB 3.0 port  2 more  USB 2.0 bus available ,  bus 3 and bus 4 

bus 3 connected to the hub chip and providing 2 usb down ports on sparky.

bus4  routed through 50pin connector of sparky and then conected to the USBridge -> Host port.

to connect SSD or USB drives connect to the USB 3.0 port of sparky for better read/write speed.

Allo.com Tech. Support

My backup question :

How do you proceed to backup The eMMc card  of a SPARKY board from a windows PC ?

(I am asking because you have 2 partitions, and Win32 Disk imager can only managed one partition )

thanks for your help

hi i am a total newbie in this world. I just purchased an allo usb bridge pro-ject prebox s2 and am building a rock on intel i5 nuc.  i amvery confused reading through this thread(big surprise) I plan on only using the wall wart that comes with the all until i have everything working then will upgrade to two ps solution.  I am quite sure i will make a mild mess of things initially .  if anyone else is running a similar set up and would be so kind as to provide me  some  contact info i would be greatly appreciative . I am looking forward to getting this all up and running i will be using my cd music files appx 1200 cds and some hi res audio files. My great experiment has begun.

Hi Allo team and everyone!

Just got my usbridge! I’m interested in runing Tidal on DietPi. I can't find any info about using Tidal on DietPi. 

What will be the best way to stream Tidal on DietPi? I assume airplay could work? I came from bluesound node and really love how Tidal is seamlessly integrated in BLUOS. Is there anyway to make Tidal work using just Sparky+USBridge? I’d really love to use Tidal the best sound quality way possible on USBridge.

Btw I’m not considering ROON at the moment. 

Please show me some love:)

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a used Allo USBridge and I've tried it with two USB DACs without success. My Roon installation recognizes the Allo USBridge but no matter what settings I use in the Allo USBridge I can't get the USB DAC to see it so I've been unable to stream music to the DAC. Am I doing something wrong or is the Allo USBridge only compatible with certain DACs? Thx. 

On 6/11/2019 at 11:03 PM, naum said:

Does anyone know why there is no version of the aluminum casing on their site?

I was told (by e-mail) by an Allo representative that they stopped producing the alu case. She gave no reason for it.

I ordered mine online.

They have some stock there at the moment...

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/cases-for-raspberry-pi-and-other-sbc/allo-aluminium-case-for-usbridge-p-12573.html

root@dietpi:~# lsusb
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0424:2412 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology Inc. Hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

root@dietpi:~# lsusb -t
/:  Bus 04.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=aotg_hcd/1p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/2p, 12M
/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=aotg_hcd/1p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 5000M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 480M

root@dietpi:~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: atm7059link [atm7059_link], device 0: ATC2603C PCM atc2603c-dai-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: atm7059link [atm7059_link], device 1: HDMI PCM atm7059-hdmi-dai-1 []
card 0: atm7059link [atm7059_link], device 2: SPDIF PCM atm7059-spdif-dai-2 []

I have tried a Lampizator Big6 DAC and a Marantz HD-DAC1 with no luck.  Thx.

• 4 weeks later...

Having trouble with Wyrd in my USBridge/Qutest set-up. Wonder if you can help?

Connections are: 

POE > USBridge Ethernet IN

USBridge USB Host > Qutest DAC (USB B)

Qutest to Schiit Loki Mini EQ (RCA)

Loki Mini > Bryston BHA-1 head amp (RCA)

It seems the Wyrd is an "orphan" connection. 

USBridge USB 2.0 > Loki USB B IN

Loki USB OUT > OPEN

Question is regarding this connection. Both lights on Loki are on - but there is obviously no output...

Wyrd documentation says USB OUT to DAC - but the DAC is connected via the USBridge Host connection.

(I'm using 5v DC bottom connection only.)

Any help would be appreciated!

14 hours ago, cantorgale said:

Having trouble with Wyrd in my USBridge/Qutest set-up. Wonder if you can help?

Connections are: 

POE > USBridge Ethernet IN

USBridge USB Host > Qutest DAC (USB B)

Qutest to Schiit Loki Mini EQ (RCA)

Loki Mini > Bryston BHA-1 head amp (RCA)

It seems the Wyrd is an "orphan" connection. 

USBridge USB 2.0 > Loki USB B IN

Loki USB OUT > OPEN

Question is regarding this connection. Both lights on Loki are on - but there is obviously no output...

Wyrd documentation says USB OUT to DAC - but the DAC is connected via the USBridge Host connection.

(I'm using 5v DC bottom connection only.)

Any help would be appreciated!

We hope you got replay through email from our support team, and its working fine now