IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

5 minutes ago, volpone said:

Thank you, i will update and check ...

Could you confirm driver update procedures on DietPi ?

Is one update procedure "safer" than the other ?

ssh root login
cd /usr/src
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/master/dsd-marantz/snd-usb-audio.ko -O /lib/modules/3.10.38/kernel/sound/usb/snd-usb-audio.ko
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/master/dsd-marantz/snd-usbmidi-lib.ko -O /lib/modules/3.10.38/kernel/sound/usb/snd-usbmidi-lib.ko
sync
reboot

OR

sh root login
cd /usr/src
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/master/dsd-marantz/install.sh
sh install.sh
reboot

yes these steps only.

which is easy for you,  do that.

on terminal copy paste will work (copy and mouse right click).

Allo.com Tech. Support

39 minutes ago, ALLOsupport said:

no matter, driver will load on next reboot.

so reboot after update driver.

Done, congrats @ALLOsupport

No more dmesg like "delay estimated X, actual Y" when NAA is playing.
I hope this will also fix my few unexpected crashes.

Do you think DietPi will be updated on next release ?

What about your DoP fix, see https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/2386 , next DietPi release too ?

Thank's for your support.

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to test how USBridge would perform with two power supplies.

I am already powering USBridge from a Xiaomi Powerbank 2C with great results - sound quality much better in comparison with using the stock switching mode power supply.

I bought a second powerbank, removed the J28 jumper from USB board, hooked up two powerbanks and started the system. Unfortunatelyy it seems that Sparky is not sourcing power from the powerbank hooked to it via micro usb port at all. The powerbank should lit a led indicator when power is drawn from it (it does when I charge my phone for example or when it is hooked to the USB board). From the two powerbanks connected only the one hooked to the usb board is providing power. Actually it powers both the USB board and Sparky regardless whether the J28 jumper is open or short which I find rather confusing.

The USBridge manual states that both the USB board and Sparky are sourcing power from the DC connector on the USB board regardless whether the J28 jumper is open or short - in one of the cases the power is sourced through a diode. On the other hand the manual states that two power supplies can be used - one to power the USB board and the second one to power the Sparky. It should work when J28 jumper is open, but as I said above when two powerbanks are connected, the one hooked to Sparky is not sourcing any power.

I wanted to ask about people experiences with using two power supplies with USBridge. Does it work? Does it provide any sound quality benefit in comparison with just one power supply for the whole system.

Thank you!

Marcin

Hello there

I'm currently trying to play music from my network drive on DietPi. I've managed to add it to /mnt/ directory. Now it looks like this.

mnt.JPG.51d7fdb81e805bfd756af076a67c42f4.JPGBut in O!MPD can't see any of my music files.

ompd1.thumb.JPG.9ead77dec9837dd4d2b33c4163726763.JPGompd2.thumb.JPG.b1541d811db32123add8f69f61d47201.JPG

MC is showing all my folders and files on this drive:

mnt2.thumb.JPG.e44472a13a206b84a1b7690c6acf3f7a.JPG

I don't know how to make it work...

Could someone help me or point in right direction?

Thanks.

Hello, i need just a little help. I want to use Usbridge with pro-ject pre box s2 digital. And I'll mostly listening Tidal. I want to control playback with my android tablet (BubbleUpnp or similar app..). Should I buy usbridge with ditePi or with Volumio. 

Thank you

naum

It doesn't matter. You'll  be using your tablet as a source.Just anable GMrender in DietPi to find it in your

BubbleUpnp render list.

ditePi or Volumio - all 2 are similar in this case. Volumio is more friendly for most people and easier to use. But some says that DietPi sounds batter. I can't say what is better because can't make DietPi work with my net music storage...

5 hours ago, msb1 said:

Hello,

How do I get spotify to play through the Allo USB Bridge? I have had no luck with raspotify. 

Raspotify is not very intuitive to set-up... First of all you need to find the name of your dac. Log into the Sparky using SSH and enter the command: aplay -l. This will give you a list of audio devices, one of which should include your DAC. Note it down. For my set-up it is Mojo.

Then you need to enter the raspotify setup file (I don't know what this file's official name is) by entering the command: sudo nano /etc/default/raspotify.

Here you have to delete hashtags to enter commands. There are prompts in this file to give you a clue what you need to enter. I have attached a screenshots of what my set-up looks like.

The important ones are setting the bitrate to 320kbps and also assigning your DAC. The command for the latter will look like this: OPTIONS="--device plughw:Mojo"

I have found that you need to type this in instead of copying and pasting or it won't work. Press control and X to exit then Y to confirm where the file is to be saved. 

restart the USBridge and all should be ticketyboo! ... However it may not work first time and there also might be a bit of trial and error.

good luck!

Screenshot 2019-03-12 at 16.14.39.png

Screenshot 2019-03-12 at 16.14.15.png

My USbridge (in the aluminum case) routinely runs very hot (~72C) and has since I first bought it over a year ago.  I don’t read much about others having the same issue.  I’ve run it with and without the j28 jumper installed, ifi and teradak linear PSUs with the correct power rating, reflashed the boot drive, etc.  Does this affect performance and/or is it Dangerous to run this hot?  The linear PSU also gets quite hot to touch.

6 hours ago, Michaeljohn said:

My USbridge (in the aluminum case) routinely runs very hot (~72C) and has since I first bought it over a year ago.  I don’t read much about others having the same issue.  I’ve run it with and without the j28 jumper installed, ifi and teradak linear PSUs with the correct power rating, reflashed the boot drive, etc.  Does this affect performance and/or is it Dangerous to run this hot?  The linear PSU also gets quite hot to touch.

I also have aluminum case USBridge powered with 2pcu and it runs 42 - 45 C° I don't really remember what were the temps before but early on I had to open it because it was bricked on update. At that time I used some quality cpu paste and put the thin film of it. Also I did my best to align pieces that were a bit sloppy aligned out of the box.

On 1/16/2019 at 11:37 AM, volpone said:

Hi @ALLOsupport

Have you been able to discuss with Dan about missing Allo Web Gui DoP option with SqueezeLite?

See:  https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/2386

Regards

Hi @ALLOsupport

Again, any news about future DietPi release to fix USBridge related issues ?

Seems Dan Knight is no more DietPi "leader', did you talked with @MichaIng, new DietPi leader ?

Still ALLO / DietPi working together ?

- ALLO Web GUI (DoP option with SqueeeeLite): 

- USB driver (kernel update): 

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

2 minutes ago, volpone said:

Hi @ALLOsupport

Again, any news about future DietPi release to fix:

- ALLO Web GUI (DoP option with SqueeeeLite): 

- USB driver (kernel update): 

I know Dan Knight s no more DietPi "leader', did you talked with @MichaIng ?

@volpone  I'm confused you have quoted posts that are 2 years old.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 9:48 PM, piripiri82 said:

Raspotify is not very intuitive to set-up... First of all you need to find the name of your dac. Log into the Sparky using SSH and enter the command: aplay -l. This will give you a list of audio devices, one of which should include your DAC. Note it down. For my set-up it is Mojo.

Then you need to enter the raspotify setup file (I don't know what this file's official name is) by entering the command: sudo nano /etc/default/raspotify.

Here you have to delete hashtags to enter commands. There are prompts in this file to give you a clue what you need to enter. I have attached a screenshots of what my set-up looks like.

The important ones are setting the bitrate to 320kbps and also assigning your DAC. The command for the latter will look like this: OPTIONS="--device plughw:Mojo"

I have found that you need to type this in instead of copying and pasting or it won't work. Press control and X to exit then Y to confirm where the file is to be saved. 

restart the USBridge and all should be ticketyboo! ... However it may not work first time and there also might be a bit of trial and error.

good luck!

Screenshot 2019-03-12 at 16.14.39.png

Screenshot 2019-03-12 at 16.14.15.png

Thanks.. I got it working.

Server | EMM | Dartzeel | Evolution Acoustics

I have a generic USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet dongle lying around and plugged it into the USBridge in but it didn't work.

Do I need to install some drivers or change some settings?

2 hours ago, msb1 said:

I have a generic USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet dongle lying around and plugged it into the USBridge in but it didn't work.

Do I need to install some drivers or change some settings?

some of the make /models may not have the drivers.

can you specify the model name/make or need check the lsusb commands in ssh terminal.

on Dietpi OS Wifi need to configure through ssh terminal.

https://github.com/sparkysbc/sparky_linux_images/blob/master/Dietpi_wifi.pdf

Allo.com Tech. Support

On 4/4/2019 at 7:01 PM, ALLOsupport said:

some of the make /models may not have the drivers.

can you specify the model name/make or need check the lsusb commands in ssh terminal.

on Dietpi OS Wifi need to configure through ssh terminal.

https://github.com/sparkysbc/sparky_linux_images/blob/master/Dietpi_wifi.pdf

Hi,

I need to configure wifi on dietpi for the USB Gigabit adaptor?

On 4/6/2019 at 6:07 PM, msb1 said:

Hi,

I need to configure wifi on dietpi for the USB Gigabit adaptor?

sorry , you are using USB 3.0 gigabit wired Ethernet , It will be auto detect.

but need to plug it on startup , disconnect onboard wired ethernet cable. and boot it.

Allo.com Tech. Support

@ALLOsupport Had a working USBridge that is now no longer providing output via the USB Host port. I swapped my DACs and am now using an RME ADI-2 DAC that others have said works with the USBridge. The RME shows no USB connected, but if I swap the USB cable to one of the Sparky ports it immediately picks up the USB connection. So it is most definitely the USBridge host port. Running lsusb commands as suggested elsewhere confirms that the Bus 4 is not found. And I am unable to select 'USB-DAC" in the sound card settings as it doesn't stick. I've rebooted several times to no avail. Roon sees the USBridge but not the DAC which makes sense if the USB Host port is not working. USBridge is powered via DC wall wart that it came with. DietPi is latest. THIS IS REALLY FRUSTRATING after having it previously work with my Mytek. Please advise.

1 minute ago, mrwiggles said:

@ALLOsupport Had a working USBridge that is now no longer providing output via the USB Host port. I swapped my DACs and am now using an RME ADI-2 DAC that others have said works with the USBridge. The RME shows no USB connected, but if I swap the USB cable to one of the Sparky ports it immediately picks up the USB connection. So it is most definitely the USBridge host port. Running lsusb commands as suggested elsewhere confirms that the Bus 4 is not found. And I am unable to select 'USB-DAC" in the sound card settings as it doesn't stick. I've rebooted several times to no avail. Roon sees the USBridge but not the DAC which makes sense if the USB Host port is not working. USBridge is powered via DC wall wart that it came with. DietPi is latest. THIS IS REALLY FRUSTRATING after having it previously work with my Mytek. Please advise.

Adding on...it's almost like the USBridge board is not getting power but the Sparky board is. But I don't see how this is possible given that it worked just fine yesterday and other than swapping DACs there have been no changes. No drops or physical damage that would explain anything changing. @ALLOsupport @Allo