IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

32 minutes ago, ALLOsupport said:

Thanks for the info. we will discuss with Dan.

Thank's.

Current Web Gui behavior is an important limitation to use USBridge with LMS (SqueezeLite output) .

Lof of users needs to use DoP output to feed DSD DAC's.

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

There are more bugs in the Allo Web GUI. 

ONE OF  THE MAJOR SELLING POINTS OF THE ALLO USB BRIDGE is the use of the Allo GUI.

The update of new versions of DietPi by means of the Allo Web Gui isn't working any longer.

Apparently since version V6.11 version on-wards DIETPI update works...... only through ssh terminal / monitor +key board.

Really clumsy. It seems that the Allo USBridge is not longer supported by Allo &  DietPi !😩😡

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

1 hour ago, ambre said:

There are more bugs in the Allo Web GUI. 

ONE OF  THE MAJOR SELLING POINTS OF THE ALLO USB BRIDGE is the use of the Allo GUI.

The update of new versions of DietPi by means of the Allo Web Gui isn't working any longer.

Apparently since version V6.11 version on-wards DIETPI update works...... only through ssh terminal / monitor +key board.

Really clumsy. It seems that the Allo USBridge is not longer supported by Allo &  DietPi !😩😡

Hi @ambre, i perfectly understand your complaints but, IMHO, DietPi version update only available from ssh / terminal  not a major drawback.

- Update is not, always, mandatory 

- DietPi update from terminal is a single command, very easy to type.

- Update reliability is the key point (see recent issues with SOtM eunhasu 4.5 update  https://community.roonlabs.com/t/new-firmware-sotm-eunhasu-0-4-5/ )

- DietPi new version to be released allow "auto-update"  

I use USBridge (DietPi / Allo Web Gui) daily for over a year and i am very satisfied both in terms of performance , reliability and support.

Thank's and congrats to DietPi and Allo teams. Good job ! 

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

Dear Volpone,

In my opinion, it is not a good sign that a company like Allo does not have its own ALLO Web GUI updated by the DietPi -team.

This indicates no interest / involvement with the product and little or no respect for their customers.

The updating may be fairly easy when you have connected everything. However, in a headless (without keyboard) setup this is very awkward.

By the way you accept Allo's behavior very easily. With the reference that another company has arranged much worse.

This is a very awkward reasoning.You would almost..... think that you have some business interests.

Long story short..... the Allo USbridge remains a hobby and computer freak product instead of a Consumer friendly solution.

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

41 minutes ago, ambre said:

Dear Volpone,

In my opinion, it is not a good sign that a company like Allo does not have its own ALLO Web GUI updated by the DietPi -team.

This indicates no interest / involvement with the product and little or no respect for their customers.

The updating may be fairly easy when you have connected everything. However, in a headless (without keyboard) setup this is very awkward.

By the way you accept Allo's behavior very easily. With the reference that another company has arranged much worse.

This is a very awkward reasoning.You would almost..... think that you have some business interests.

Long story short..... the Allo USbridge remains a hobby and computer freak product instead of a Consumer friendly solution.

i don't want to offend anyone but I really don't understand what else did you expect at this price level ...

Dear Bassivus  & Tintinablum,

Please read my reaction a bit more carefully!  Price or price level isn't the issue.

I was using approx.1,5 years the Allo Web GUI (especially for updating)  to my satisfaction .  

Without any form of communication, the service related to the Allo Web Gui is stopped. 

Respectively the possibility of updating is no longer supported.

That's the issue that I have mentioned. 

My feeling says when If it is no longer supported it might be  a signal that something is going out of production respectively becomes obsolete. Hopefully I'm wrong.

#

29 minutes ago, ambre said:

Dear Bassivus  & Tintinablum,

Please read my reaction a bit more carefully!  Price or price level isn't the issue.

I was using approx.1,5 years the Allo Web GUI (especially for updating)  to my satisfaction .  

Without any form of communication, the service related to the Allo Web Gui is stopped. 

Respectively the possibility of updating is no longer supported.

That's the issue that I have mentioned. 

My feeling says when If it is no longer supported it might be  a signal that something is going out of production respectively becomes obsolete. Hopefully I'm wrong.

#

My apologies, haven been careful  on reading... I believe you are experiencing some problem in this case. My Allo Web Gui is working fine...

On 1/3/2019 at 6:20 PM, ambre said:

Hi @ambre 
Unfortunately (or perhaps happily) I have no business interests neither with ALLO nor with DietPi.
Apart from the WEB GUI issue to update DietPi , what is exactly your problem ?

Setup details

Dear Volpone,

Please read my latest post to Bassivus  & Tintinablum, and the reaction of Bassivus.

B|👀

Hi All,

I just received my Allo Usbridge this week and managed to get it working with hqplayer.

But with squeezeboxlite on my nas or ompd on the usbridge/laptopbrowser the music seems to play but there is no sound.

What can be the reason for this?

(I updated dietpi from 6.9 to 6.19.7)

Is the DAC the problem and not recognized?

root@DietPi:~# cat /proc/asound/card1/stream0
VIA Technologies Inc. FURUTECH ADL GT40α at usb-aotg_hcd.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S16_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 4 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000
    Data packet interval: 500 us
  Interface 1
    Altset 2
    Format: S24_3LE
    Endpoint: 4 OUT (ASYNC)

Capture:
  Interface 2
    Altset 1
    Format: S16_LE
    Endpoint: 11 IN (ADAPTIVE)
    Data packet interval: 1000 us
  Interface 2
    Altset 2
    Format: S24_3LE
    Endpoint: 11 IN (ADAPTIVE)

A necessary follow up.

The ATL GT40alfa does not get recognized and that way the usb-dac - option does not work.

With another dac the minidsp 2x4HD I got it to work consistently with Roon.

Turning the dac or the usbridge off and on is no problem.

But what bothered me was the sound, not really inspriring, boring and sounding not right.

So I tried the second power adapter option.

I put a 12 euro 5V, 2 amps microusb charger on the sparky and removed the jumper.....

Left the standard Allo one on the usbridge.

Wow, this is something else! Acoustics around the instruments, voice complete with every intonation, stable soundstage and real depth. (Funny that the music appears to slow down....)

Very interesting and enjoyable to listen to!

So I would recommend Allo to add a second poweradapter to the package and get everyone enthousistic.

And for who is still using a single adapter please do yourself a favour and buy a second (cheap) one.

( I also put a 6.18 image on a sd-card to get it working as standard and problemfree)

23 hours ago, GerardA said:

A necessary follow up.

The ATL GT40alfa does not get recognized and that way the usb-dac - option does not work.

With another dac the minidsp 2x4HD I got it to work consistently with Roon.

Turning the dac or the usbridge off and on is no problem.

But what bothered me was the sound, not really inspriring, boring and sounding not right.

So I tried the second power adapter option.

I put a 12 euro 5V, 2 amps microusb charger on the sparky and removed the jumper.....

Left the standard Allo one on the usbridge.

Wow, this is something else! Acoustics around the instruments, voice complete with every intonation, stable soundstage and real depth. (Funny that the music appears to slow down....)

Very interesting and enjoyable to listen to!

So I would recommend Allo to add a second poweradapter to the package and get everyone enthousistic.

And for who is still using a single adapter please do yourself a favour and buy a second (cheap) one.

( I also put a 6.18 image on a sd-card to get it working as standard and problemfree)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

@GerardA

Your post inspired me to finally move my lazy ass, remove the jumper and use my dedicated PS on USBridge and the supplied smps for Sparky. WOW!!! Everything fell in place. got even more depth and instruments came to life. Also the bass is tighter

I actually was planning to do so for a period of time now but the dedicated PS I have build,gave me a big improvement already so I got lazy, and honestly I thought that is what this rig can give. I'm soo glad that I was wrong!

On 1/17/2019 at 10:23 PM, bassivus said:

... Your post inspired me to finally move my lazy ass, remove the jumper and use my dedicated PS on USBridge and the supplied smps for Sparky. WOW!!! Everything fell in place. got even more depth and instruments came to life. Also the bass is tighter ...

Hi @bassivus

Very interested in your feedback. What is your dedicated PS model ?

There is a lot of models on the market from 60$ to near 1000$.

I'm looking for a PS recommandation to enhance my USBridge output (jumper OFF).

Thank's

Setup details

Hello, Received USBridge yesterday and having difficulty. Apple devices are not recognizing Usbridge on my network. I have access to GIU and ensured Shairpoint settings are 16bit and USB 1.1 (using AQ Red & MiniDSP 2x4HD- tried both).

Attached picture taken with AQ Red attached- it's not showing up as an output device. Please help- hopefully I'm missing a step and any help is sincerely appreciated!

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 4.13.58 AM.png

Anyone knows how to solve the issue of the Allo Bridge with NAA getting in Roon "Roon lost control of the device"? doesn't happen with Roon Bridge running on the allo bridge just with the HQP NAA

Any of you flashed the Sparky DietPi without the Allo GUI and it is working for you?

1 hour ago, luisma said:

Anyone knows how to solve the issue of the Allo Bridge with NAA getting in Roon "Roon lost control of the device"? doesn't happen with Roon Bridge running on the allo bridge just with the HQP NAA

Any of you flashed the Sparky DietPi without the Allo GUI and it is working for you?

Hi @luisma, using daily USBridge with NAA (from ROON): Not such issue, very stable

My setup: ROON 1.6 > HQP Desktop 3.25  > USBridge (DietPi 6.19) / NAA (3.5.4) > T+A DAC8 DSD (Amanero USB)

Setup details

21 minutes ago, volpone said:

Hi @luisma, using daily USBridge with NAA (from ROON): Not such issue, very stable

My setup: ROON 1.6 > HQP Desktop 3.25  > USBridge (DietPi 6.19) / NAA (3.5.4) > T+A DAC8 DSD (Amanero USB)

My setup

ROON 1.6 > HQP Embedded  > USBridge (DietPi 6.19) / NAA (How do you find out the version number?) > Denafrips Terminator(Amanero USB)

Someone else have the issue too https://community.roonlabs.com/t/allo-usbridge-board/27487/1307?u=zbyte

51 minutes ago, luisma said:

My setup

ROON 1.6 > HQP Embedded  > USBridge (DietPi 6.19) / NAA (How do you find out the version number?) > Denafrips Terminator(Amanero USB)

Someone else have the issue too https://community.roonlabs.com/t/allo-usbridge-board/27487/1307?u=zbyte

root@USBridge:~# apt-cache policy networkaudiod
networkaudiod:
  Installé : 3.5.4-38
  Candidat : 3.5.4-38
 Table de version :
 *** 3.5.4-38 100

Setup details

thanks, same version

root@ALLO-LIVING:~# apt-cache policy networkaudiod
networkaudiod:
  Installed: 3.5.4-38
  Candidate: 3.5.4-38
  Version table:
 *** 3.5.4-38 100
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

don't know what could it be happening, HQP Win vs HQPE ? should be the same