IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

May I know is the coming release very soon and any major fixes to be applied? Should I wait longer for the FW to further stable and solid before pulling the trigger to get one now? I am going to use Daphile server as LMS so what are the players I could use for Usbridge? Is Squeezelite working fine now?

On Sun Mar 25 2018 at 12:12 AM, volpone said:

DietPi upcoming next release (6.5) will include Sparky SBC kernel patch to allow native DSD with Amanero Combo 384 USB. See DietPi change log (dsd-marantz, https://github.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/tree/master/dsd-marantz ):
 https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/blob/testing/CHANGELOG.txt

@truemusic, Please give us feedback from your tests when released ...

@volpone

Thank you for your quick reply. I downloaded and installed the Amanero test driver with the firmware version 2003be_71A. The interface can be recognized normally. nativeDSD can support 48x512 bit rate, and it plays well until now. It is only when the first time the player starts to play, there is obviously a pop noise. No other problems were found. Thanks to the sparky SBC team for their hard work.

I received my USBridge last week and got it up and running in 20min. Thanks for a great product and fast shipping.

I received my USBridge already assembled in an aluminium case, what is the best way to remove the jumper J28? If i open the case, will I damage the thermal material between CPU and case?

Thanks!

I just received mine, with Volumio installed.  My wife said, "What's THAT?"  I said, "It's like my CAPS server but very tiny." :-)  I'm powering the two boards separately from separate rails on my HDPlex 200W power supply.  Out of the box I'm impressed.  Very crisp but musical, strong depth and imaging.  For now I'm playing directly through Volumio from my NAS.  I'll experiment with Audirvana after I've listened for a while.  My wife stuck her head in the listening room and said, "That's very robust.  A bit hard on top.  Not as nuanced as your other one, but pretty good."  I'll break it in for a week or two and report back.  Right away I like it better than my RPi/Digione combo.  Could be the coax inputs on my DAC, but the Digione never quite "loosens up" for my taste.

Okay, just been listening to everything from the Mills Brothers to Mozart, and this thing is a hoot.  Everything is clean and punchy, no sense of fatigue, or that I'm "missing out".  I even tried the stock PS, connected to the USB board as recommended, and it's still pleasant and musical.  The Mills Brothers got a little edgier, but we're talking about 1936 recordings.  The Mozart on historical instruments was still smooth and listenable.  I think whatever hardness on the top is evident is disappearing, but whatever is there now doesn't bother me.  I especially like the fact that some of my more challenging digital recordings are conveyed with accuracy, whatever their flaws.

Again, I'll follow up after a while but I have to say that this is a real bargain.  I'm not that fussy about sources, as long as things aren't smudgy or veiled.  This just puts the recording out there.

14 hours ago, feline said:

ok thank you

14 hours ago, feline said:

Can I replace volumio with dietpi?  If yes, is there a guide.

Thank you

you need to re-flash with Dietpi OS image.

allo web GUI Image available on

http://dietpi.com/downloads/images/DietPi_SparkySBC-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z

https://github.com/sparkysbc/sparky_linux_images/blob/master/sparky_eMMC-002.pdf

http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2317&p=8869#p8869

Allo.com Tech. Support

7 minutes ago, jbparrish said:

JS, I have the 103. It does not have the USB input like the 105 so USBridge does not apply. It does have Internet input and as I recall it can be used as a server directly (for example JRiver can see it and play to it). Hope that I answered your question. 

Ok, thanks for the reply as this helps. I kind of jumped the gun and already purchased the USBridge thinking it would work. Oops!

45 minutes ago, jbparrish said:

JS rather than “Oops” I would say smart move. Put any nice DAC downstream of it and you are much better off in my opinion. It handles virtually any file type and represents faithfully all the major endpoints. Just my 2 cents. 

I agree.  You get a lot more "zip" in your music. ;-)

54 minutes ago, jbparrish said:

JS rather than “Oops” I would say smart move. Put any nice DAC downstream of it and you are much better off in my opinion. It handles virtually any file type and represents faithfully all the major endpoints. Just my 2 cents. 

That was the plan! I have a Border Patrol SE DAC I'm using with the Oppo player. 

Has anyone else had a buzzing in the left channel with an Audioquest Dragonfly Black with its new firmware (1.07) on the last couple of DietPi releases? Seems to have started, for me, at 6.4. I'm not sure whether it was the DragonFly firmware or the dietpi-update to 6.4 that caused it. I'm now on 6.6 and it's still happening. Should I just re-flash? Is it still 'aotg.urb_fix=0 aotg.aotg1_speed=1" in /DietPi/uEnv.txt? Or did I miss something? My Chord Mojo has been fine throughout all updates. Just sometimes I like to be able to control the volume from my phone across the room, or in another room, and that's when I use the DragonFly. Like usually for parties and such. For critical listening I use the Mojo. Anyway, any help or confirmation would be much greatly appreciated. Thanks.

7 hours ago, allo.com said:

yes its regulated using LDOs and PI filters

My USB powered DAC needs 3W power. 

Can the USBridge deliver 3W via its regulated output?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

I need a help. I just got my Usbridge yesterday. I tried to use it as standalone player so I plugin an usb thumb drive with music albums to it. Then I opened up O!MPD trying to play, but I couldn't see the usb drive under Files at the Library. The Library shows only DIR: /VAR/LIB/MPD/MUSIC/

How do I see the drive and play from it? Do I need to SSH to the system and mount the drive or update O!MPD?