IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

6 minutes ago, allo.com said:

It will be easier to understand on the schematics. When you remove the jumper you can feed + rails while the gdn stays common.

Whiteout the jumper removed the two rails share the same +

Yes Sparky can received power from both uUSB and Usbridge board

But since I can power both the Sparky and USBridge with the jumper removed from the USBridge dc input that means regardless if there is power being supplied to the micro usb port, the Sparky is also getting power from the USBridge?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

1 minute ago, allo.com said:

Yes Sparky can received power from both uUSB and Usbridge board

OK, but then what is the ALLO recommended setup to optimize SQ ?

J28 removed and 2 independant PSU ? Could  you explain why  ?

Thanks

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

13 minutes ago, volpone said:

OK, but then what is the ALLO recommended setup to optimize SQ ?

J28 removed and 2 independant PSU ? Could  you explain why  ?

Thanks

J28 removed and 2 PSUs (thats what we advise)

All electricity (including noise) returns to the power source.

Noise from the first board will travel back to the first PSU, noise from second board will travel to the second PSU.Less contamination

If you use one PSU..noises from both boards will come back to same PSU and contamination will be high.

45 minutes ago, tboooe said:

But since I can power both the Sparky and USBridge with the jumper removed from the USBridge dc input that means regardless if there is power being supplied to the micro usb port, the Sparky is also getting power from the USBridge?

From the manual :

1. Jumper on = feed power to DC convertor on Usbridge (and will feed both Sparky and Usbridge) or feed power to uUSB on sparky and it will do the same thing

2. Jumper off = you can feed power to USbridge (dc connector) and it will feed Sparky , but if you feed sparky only it will NOT feed the USBridge hat. Of course you can feed both sparky and usbridge independently . I guess there is a diode right there that gives the direction on the positive ..

Dear ALLO & DietPi-Team,

I still have problems with connecting ALLO UsBridge and my DAC Teac UD 501. Despite that in Audio (via dietpi-config) 2.0 USB is set.

When I switch on my DAC in advance, the default 44.1 or 48.0 kHz is set despite my DAC can handle PCM 384 or DSD 128 .

Ps. Allo previously advised to start the DAC first and then the Allo UsBridge (& Sparky). Why does not it work flawlessly?

My suspicion is that the startup sequence Sparky <=> UsBridge is critical. When I started the Bridge first and then the Sparky a few seconds later.  And during this start-up, the DAC also starts up in 60% of the cases. Conversely, first UsBridge and then Sparky gives ..... a somewhat worse result? Ps. the later start of the DAC does not work either.

My preliminary conclusion is that if I do not start everything more or less at the same sequence it will not work properly. And that is pretty boring and I have to restart everything again. 

Is there also a rescan done by DietPi? Why is the DAC preceded by the start-up routine before and after the start seen as standard DAC (=44.1 and 48.0)?

Would you please sort this out thoroughly?

Many thanks in advance.

I use a TEAC UD 501 DAC / Mac OS 10.13.3, HQ-player 3.20.4 and DietPi Standard Version 6.4 without Web Gui. In my chain I also Use the Uptone Regen to improve the signal. Ps. And I use 2x separate Power Supplies (Sbooster 5v,1.5 amp  for the UsBridge  and IFO (SMPS)  Ifi-Power (5V/2.5A) for Sparky .

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

To anyone with Audirvana + or JRiver experience:

I cannot get the GMRender end point to work right. I can start a track, and then continue to the next track. But if I pause, stop, and try to start another album it hangs. By that I mean Audirvana hangs for several minutes and finally says "error starting device playback". DietPi looks Ok, but in order to sort things out I have reboot DietPi and restart Audirvana, then I can play another track. Same thing essentially with JRiver.

Any ideas on what I am missing here?

11 hours ago, jbparrish said:

I cannot get the GMRender end point to work right. I can start a track, and then continue to the next track. But if I pause, stop, and try to start another album it hangs. By that I mean Audirvana hangs for several minutes and finally says "error starting device playback". DietPi looks Ok, but in order to sort things out I have reboot DietPi and restart Audirvana, then I can play another track. Same thing essentially with JRiver.

Any ideas on what I am missing here?

which version dietpi using ?

I have posted One PM to understand more info on the setup.

Allo.com Tech. Support

Rahul_kc I received the PM thanks.

I am up to date with DietPI v6.4.

My DAC at the moment is the original Dragonfly until I figure out which DAC to buy in this very competitive and fast moving market. DietPi is configured for USB 1.1 to conform to the Dragonfly. I also added a REGEN between the USBridge and the DAC, but with our without the REGEN the behavior is the same.

No additional packages installed on DietPi, just the stock download.

It sounds great when it works. For some reason any use of the pause or stop buttons on Audirvana take out DietPi and I have to reboot, same with JRiver.

15 hours ago, jbparrish said:

I cannot get the GMRender end point to work right.

You should probably provide additionnal information regarding your architecture ..

Where is your DNLA server ?

Where is your control point ?

Where are your audio files ?

are you wired or via wifi ?

as Audirvana and Jriver have both DNLA Server, renderer, control point functionnalities maybe there is a kind of conflict

between them.

On 06/03/2018 at 3:20 PM, rahul_kc said:

we have added few more dsd native DACs  support on USBridge.

driver available on below link.

https://github.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/tree/master/dsd-marantz

Denon DA-300USB

Marantz HD-DAC1

Marantz SA-14S1

TEAC UD-501/UD-503/NT-503

Esoteric D-05X

T+A DAC8DSD-V2.0

please test and update

Hi @rahul_kc , @allo.com
Patched SPARKY kernel supporting native DSD with Amanero USB receiver (Combo 384) available from last released DietPi version (6.4) ?

If not , is it planned for next DietPi release ? Dan Knight is aware ?  

Thank you.

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

21 minutes ago, volpone said:

Hi @rahul_kc , @allo.com
Patched SPARKY kernel supporting native DSD with Amanero USB receiver (Combo 384) available from last released DietPi version (6.4) ?

If not , is it planned for next DietPi release ? Dan Knight is aware ?  

Thank you.

the new changes  (Combo384 new id addition , marantz dac dsd native) addition requested to DAN for adding it in coming releases.

Allo.com Tech. Support

14 minutes ago, rahul_kc said:

the new changes  (Combo384 new id addition , marantz dac dsd native) addition requested to DAN for adding it in coming releases.

Thank's for clarification. 

Did you already asked Dan Knight for addition in coming DietPi releases ?

Setup details

I just come across this topic today and never know this niche product exists. If I want to use usbridge play from direct connected USB hdd then what player to use on Diet-pi? Do I need to install Volumio or Moode separately on Diet-pi? What is the control app on Android phone? Is it Chrome? In another way, If want to turn usbridge to be endpoint for Daphile server which a flavor of LMS, is it possible? 

Thank you.

Hi @Allo @allo.com @ALLOaudio

I tried to update via dietpi-update but it says my version (159) is obsolete and I cannot update.

Can you please advise how I can update to the latest version?

I would also like to factory reset it so that I can access web GUI because [email protected] /  allo doesn't work for username / login.

It says login failed. I may have disabled web GUI a couple of months ago accidentally and changed some other settings but I'd like to reset the DietPi image, as if I just got the USBridge brand new.

Can you kindly share instructions.

Cheers!

53 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Hi @Allo @allo.com @ALLOaudio

I tried to update via dietpi-update but it says my version (159) is obsolete and I cannot update.

Can you please advise how I can update to the latest version?

I would also like to factory reset it so that I can access web GUI because [email protected] /  allo doesn't work for username / login.

It says login failed. I may have disabled web GUI a couple of months ago accidentally and changed some other settings but I'd like to reset the DietPi image, as if I just got the USBridge brand new.

Can you kindly share instructions.

Cheers!

Hi @Em2016

you have to re-flash the image for latest version. v159 update not possible.

http://dietpi.com/downloads/images/DietPi_SparkySBC-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z

Allo.com Tech. Support

Thanks Rahul! Very helpful.

Can you please add this to the Allo Website under USBridge or ask DietPi to add a USBridge section.

The link is deep inside the DietPi website. Hopefully they can make it as easy to reach as the Sparky image - just in future

Really appreciate your super fast support.

14 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Thanks Rahul! Very helpful.

Can you please add this to the Allo Website under USBridge or ask DietPi to add a USBridge section.

The link is deep inside the DietPi website. Hopefully they can make it as easy to reach as the Sparky image - just in future

Really appreciate your super fast support.

download information available on Allo website

image.thumb.png.feafd1ef89c3833efcafcd2e54febee8.png

Allo.com Tech. Support

2 hours ago, rahul_kc said:

download information available on Allo website

image.thumb.png.feafd1ef89c3833efcafcd2e54febee8.png

Dear @rahul_kc

That's really outdated information.

There is no instruction how to update from older versions !  Namely that you have to re-flash to  V 6.0 due to the fact that a system update from v159  and older isn't not possible at all.  Ps,. The Webpages/ links last updated by Fourdee dated  30-09-2017 etc...o.O

Stated recently on  HQplayer Network Audio Adapter forum and referring to my earlier posts /questions to Allo.

IMO Allo is extremely slow, very reluctant to give help or respond to customer questions on this CA forum and Roon Community.

The support and software is too cumbersome and responsiveness a way too slow. The software is too much tinkering and certainly not customer-friendly. :S

This is also due to the multitude of updates that I have had to install during the last 3-4 months. Started with version 156 and already on 6.4.   These successive updates  were certainly not error-free and hardly doable for non Linux experts.

In addition, it all takes up too much time that you can use better to listen to music than to find out how to re-flash and install an EMMC card.  In addition, the current documentation is absolutely inadequate.  That is a missed opportunity and makes it less fun that the aforementioned childhood diseases have not yet been adequately remedied. Come on Allo this can be many times better........

Despite my complaints, the Allo UsBridge is a great device when it is finally set up properly. And it gives a very good USB signal in combination with the Uptone Regen and a Sbooster LPS together with the standard SMPS.  

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

1 hour ago, ambre said:

Dear @rahul_kc

That's really outdated information.

There is no instruction how to update from older versions !  Namely that you have to re-flash to  V 6.0 due to the fact that a system update from v159  and older isn't not possible at all.  Ps,. The Webpages/ links last updated by Fourdee dated  30-09-2017 etc...o.O

Stated recently on  HQplayer Network Audio Adapter forum and referring to my earlier posts /questions to Allo.

IMO Allo is extremely slow, very reluctant to give help or respond to customer questions on this CA forum and Roon Community.

The support and software is too cumbersome and responsiveness a way too slow. The software is too much tinkering and certainly not customer-friendly. :S

This is also due to the multitude of updates that I have had to install during the last 3-4 months. Started with version 156 and already on 6.4.   These successive updates  were certainly not error-free and hardly doable for non Linux experts.

In addition, it all takes up too much time that you can use better to listen to music than to find out how to re-flash and install an EMMC card.  In addition, the current documentation is absolutely inadequate.  That is a missed opportunity and makes it less fun that the aforementioned childhood diseases have not yet been adequately remedied. Come on Allo this can be many times better........

Despite my complaints, the Allo UsBridge is a great device when it is finally set up properly. And it gives a very good USB signal in combination with the Uptone Regen and a Sbooster LPS together with the standard SMPS.  

The webpage updating by Dan, the download link is same always. Only the latest version OS updating on the same download  link. 

Allo.com Tech. Support

3 hours ago, rahul_kc said:

The webpage updating by Dan, the download link is same always. Only the latest version OS updating on the same download  link. 

Just like the previous times a meaningless answer. Read the mails
from me and many others better.

Be ashamed of Allo & DietPi for this clumsy behavior. 

Hi,

I have a problem with my USBridge, no way to make my 2qute detected. 

It's been detected when i plug it in any USB from the Sparky but no way from the usbridge usb port.

Would someone have any clue ?

Thx !

Additional info: Sparky is powered with original supply, usbridge with ifi 5v supply. Jumper 28 removed 

Hi @Allo

I am trying to use my sparky board with amanero usb module with HQPlayer NAA,Does not support nativedsd transfers.

https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd/issues/12

I read this page carefully and found that there are successful cases of updating firmware under Linux system. I downloaded x86 Linux system NAA on hqplayer official website, updated my DSC1 DSD DAC Amanero firmware to 2003BE, used NUC computer to do NAA. NAA normally recognizes nativedsd. The DSD512 plays very smoothly. Tested for many days did not find any problems.

Now Amanero uses the new firmware, Sparky SBC dietpi, to do NAA, and Amanero can normally recognize and support DoP DSD256 playback.Play without any problems. I hope the next version can support, We are also better tested. thank you!

1 hour ago, truemusic1969 said:

Now Amanero uses the new firmware, Sparky SBC dietpi, to do NAA, and Amanero can normally recognize and support DoP DSD256 playback.Play without any problems. I hope the next version can support, We are also better tested. thank you!

DietPi upcoming next release (6.5) will include Sparky SBC kernel patch to allow native DSD with Amanero Combo 384 USB. See DietPi change log (dsd-marantz, https://github.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/tree/master/dsd-marantz ):
 https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/blob/testing/CHANGELOG.txt

@truemusic, Please give us feedback from your tests when released ...

Setup details