IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

On 2/14/2018 at 4:09 AM, ambre said:

Are there problems: Yes, since the update from Version 1.58 / 1.59 to 6.0 IMO a problem with the Allo Web Gui. And USB defaults as soon as you change/alter the Allo Web Gui the default is changed into USB 1.2 instead needed USB 2.0.

This causes that you can only play 44.1 or 48.0 kHz music.

@Allo @ALLOaudio @Daniel Knight

There seems to be a couple reports of only 16/44 playback and distortion on everything else. Not sure if this USB 1.2 issue is the problem as I can switch DACs and LH Labs works at all resolutions, Legacy Wavelet doesn't. 

I've posted the issue at Roon Labs Support forum, but so far no suggestions. The fact we can stream 16/44 and nothing else, makes me think its a Dietpi/USBridge issue.

Thanks for your attention to this matter, I'm anxious to listen to my new DAC!!

1 hour ago, Lobbster said:

@Allo @ALLOaudio @Daniel Knight

There seems to be a couple reports of only 16/44 playback and distortion on everything else. Not sure if this USB 1.2 issue is the problem as I can switch DACs and LH Labs works at all resolutions, Legacy Wavelet doesn't. 

I've posted the issue at Roon Labs Support forum, but so far no suggestions. The fact we can stream 16/44 and nothing else, makes me think its a Dietpi/USBridge issue.

Thanks for your attention to this matter, I'm anxious to listen to my new DAC!!

Just to update, DigiOne Player with Dietpi V156 works exactly as it should with Wavelet & Roon DSP settings for all resolutions.  

Anyone having issues with the new version of Dietpi and HQP/NAA mode with the Usbridge?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I got this error when running diet-update on a 6.1>6.2 system:

[ SUB1 ] DietPi-Software > Configuring Allo: web interface
[ INFO ] DietPi-Create_MySQL_DB | Creating MariaDB database: allo_db
ERROR 1007 (HY000) at line 1: Can't create database 'allo_db'; database exists
[FAILED] Creating MariaDB database: allo_db | An issue has occured
ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 39: Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'
rm: cannot remove '/var/www/index.htm*': No such file or directory

Hitting http://dietpi.local/allo/public/index.php from a  web browser post-upgrade returns a 'Login failed' message. Have the default username/passwd for the Allo web guy changed? I'll delete the cookie and try again.

Hi Lobster, 

IMO NO Update 6.2 available on site Dietpi resp. Allo.

Please sse below

No response to questions from Allo and DietPi for about one to a week and a half.
Suppose they are on holiday and / or watching Olypic games
o.O

Its version 6.1 

Filename          : DietPi_v6.1_SparkySBC-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI-v5.img
MD5               : a068ba3f8e308a50a2054b745a2b2b41
SHA1              : f07af1f51e47bf88cd58c6a3388c758c9ebfea94
CRC32             : 
SHA-256           : 267e6bc20be36e554eec1550c0f7abc2ff20a09d9fa5a83f41d06faf716012f1
SHA-512           : 
SHA-384           : 
Full Path         : \\Fuzon\wd_1tb\#Backups\_Daniel\Projects\DietPi\DietPi_v6.1_SparkySBC-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI-v5.img
Modified Time     : 02/02/2018 20:30:07
Created Time      : 27/01/2018 16:12:42

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

Hi Lobster,

Oeps just found latest version 6.2 without the Allo Web GUI on DietPi  website.This is  standard/normal  distro. 

Again without any kind of communication.  Only after unzipping you can  read in the hash.txt  file that this is a newer version.

Ps. Just read in CA  forum that there are again problems with16/44 or 48 playback ?

screenshot_80.jpg

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

9 minutes ago, ambre said:

Hi Lobster,

Latest version 6.2 without the Allo Web GUI on DietPi  website.This is  standard/normal  distro. 

This is version 6.2 for Raspberry ( I  also use as NAA) .

But not for Sparky UsBridge.

1 hour ago, ambre said:

Hi Lobster, 

IMO NO Update 6.2 available on site Dietpi resp. Allo.

Please sse below

No response to questions from Allo and DietPi for about one to a week and a half.
Suppose they are on holiday and / or watching Olypic games
o.O

Its version 6.1 

Filename          : DietPi_v6.1_SparkySBC-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI-v5.img
MD5               : a068ba3f8e308a50a2054b745a2b2b41
SHA1              : f07af1f51e47bf88cd58c6a3388c758c9ebfea94
CRC32             : 
SHA-256           : 267e6bc20be36e554eec1550c0f7abc2ff20a09d9fa5a83f41d06faf716012f1
SHA-512           : 
SHA-384           : 
Full Path         : \\Fuzon\wd_1tb\#Backups\_Daniel\Projects\DietPi\DietPi_v6.1_SparkySBC-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI-v5.img
Modified Time     : 02/02/2018 20:30:07
Created Time      : 27/01/2018 16:12:42

Tech support will reply shortly.

1 hour ago, ambre said:

Hi Lobster,

Oeps just found latest version 6.2 without the Allo Web GUI on DietPi  website.This is  standard/normal  distro. 

Again without any kind of communication.  Only after unzipping you can  read in the hash.txt  file that this is a newer version.

Ps. Just read in CA  forum that there are again problems with16/44 or 48 playback ?

screenshot_80.jpg

What is your DietPi current version running on Sparky ?

- If your current installed version is 6.0 or 6.1 did you tried system-update (from Allo Web Gui or from DiePi-update Menu) ?

- If  current installed version < 6.0 reflashing from img available on  http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2317&p=8869#p8869 is required but i presume it will automatically update to 6.2 on install, even is img file is 6.1, isn't it ?

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

3 hours ago, volpone said:

What is your DietPi current version running on Sparky ?

- If your current installed version is 6.0 or 6.1 did you tried system-update (from Allo Web Gui or from DiePi-update Menu) ?

Hi Volpone,

Was running the standard (=Non Allo Web GUI) version 6.1.

Just updated to 6.2 by means of SSH. Just  booted (once) now playing dsd128 as requested.:D

Best regards, Andreas

@Lobbster  right, I ran dietpi-update from an ssh session, hit that mysql error during the update and, post update, can't login to the web gui. I changed the hostname from dietpi to usbridge which exposed the Allo gui login screen but the previous credentials (username [email protected] and pw allo) no longer allow access to the web gui (I get a 'Login failed' page when trying to authenticate). Anyone have any ideas? I suppose I'll probably just end up re-imaging my usbridge at some point but wanted to see if anyone else had run into this. Apart from accessing the web gui, everything seems to be working fine (plus cpu running a good 5C cooler which is nice).

3 hours ago, rahul_kc said:

v6.2 update working with terminal mode (dietpi-update) and Allo web GUI mode -system update.

On v6.2  usb-dac-1.1 selection included on GUI  , Thanks to Dan

image.thumb.png.53f71de8c6de7074d12a28a3989c4119.png

Hallo Rahul,

I have update via SSH standard version of DietPi 6.1 to 6.2  (on EMMC-card).

What to do with selection usb-day-1.1 or 2.0 if you update by means of SSH resp. terminal mode?

Is default USB setting in terminal mode 2.0 ?

Very best regards, Andreas

48 minutes ago, ambre said:

Hallo Rahul,

I have update via SSH standard version of DietPi 6.1 to 6.2  (on EMMC-card).

What to do with selection usb-day-1.1 or 2.0 if you update by means of SSH resp. terminal mode?

Is default USB setting in terminal mode 2.0 ?

Very best regards, Andreas

Hi @ambre 

v6.2 by default USB configuration is 2.0 

I think your dac is correctly detected. bcz of this only you able to play DSD128.

usb 1.1 dac selection required only for Dargonfly red or other similar USB 1.1 dac models.

Now this selection option available on Allo web GUI dac selection.

On terminal dietpi-config ->audio options

Allo.com Tech. Support

3 hours ago, rahul_kc said:

Hi @ambre 

v6.2 by default USB configuration is 2.0 

I think your dac is correctly detected. bcz of this only you able to play DSD128.

usb 1.1 dac selection required only for Dargonfly red or other similar USB 1.1 dac models.

Now this selection option available on Allo web GUI dac selection.

On terminal dietpi-config ->audio options

Thanks you very much for your quick answer.

Hello,

after reading lots of enthusiastic comments about the sound quality of the Sparky + USBridge here on this forum, I am interested to try this solution with an other computer than sparky.

Theoretically USBridge attaches to the USB Bus of the sparky, filters noise from the data lines, rebuilds the USB bus with an USB hub IC. All this is supplied with good LDO PSUs. With the right adapter (only connecting the differential data lines and ground) it should be possible to attach the board to each USB pot, like the USB port of iMac or anything else.

Did someone try this?

Currently I build a USB DAC with the PCM1704, NOS multibit, accepts up to 384 kHz, so digital filtering can be provided in the playback software. The USBridge before the USB receiver could clean things up and make the solution more versatile than bound only to sparky as a source