IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

39 minutes ago, hurka said:

result:

uspcb most important

.so that means I can get better results then usb regen when using usb input of dac

And

I don't need to keep usb regen between the usb connection of from usbridge and the dac ?

9 hours ago, rikhav said:

.so that means I can get better results then usb regen when using usb input of dac

And

I don't need to keep usb regen between the usb connection of from usbridge and the dac ?

No!!!!

That means: uspcb most important!

That means: usb cable have negative effect

That means : iso regen helps,but not much

not arrived my usbridge, don't know need iso regen or not.

USPCB—which we are including free with the ISO REGEN.  Carefully designed with a 4-layer circuit board, taking into account even the mass of the connectors and the widths and thicknesses of the traces, this new adapter perfectly preserves signal integrity and impedance match.  IT IS BETTER THAN ANY USB CABLE!

52 minutes ago, hurka said:

USPCB—which we are including free with the ISO REGEN.  Carefully designed with a 4-layer circuit board, taking into account even the mass of the connectors and the widths and thicknesses of the traces, this new adapter perfectly preserves signal integrity and impedance match.  IT IS BETTER THAN ANY USB CABLE!

Okay

Now I get what's uspcb..

I initially thought that was a typo by you but never knew uptone has made anything like that 

I was also using a cable to connect my uptone amber to dac , and when I used adapter the changes were quiet promising

So the uspcb used with anything should have good results

In that sense if it was possible we could just directly connect pc to dac by a uspcb :)

So finally your observations are that the usb cable we use to connect any kind of pc to dac has many negative effects on the sound and reclocker itself does not do much?

Please compare the Allo usbridge to your uptone regen and let all know what you think

About ISO regen, if it's worth or not , only once you try will know

On paper , a big step up from original regen

1 minute ago, rikhav said:

Okay

Now I get what's uspcb..

I initially thought that was a typo by you but never knew uptone has made anything like that 

I was also using a cable to connect my uptone amber to dac , and when I used adapter the changes were quiet promising

So the uspcb used with anything should have good results

In that sense if it was possible we could just directly connect pc to dac by a uspcb :)

haha!!! yes, you can connect. I never!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sparky+5v u cap psu - y cable (20cm silver) - iso regen 5v u cap psu, 7v ucap psu - uspcb -singxer f1 - i2s

without burn in, the sound warmer ,relaxed than burned rpi2.

but music stopped :  "failed open alsa device"

Sparky(volumio) - Kali -i2s - Dac   No Sound!!!!!

So my question:

What's that ?

6a00d8341c581e53ef00e5503e97058833-640wi.jpg

56 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Hi Hurka

are you using USB or i2s ? From your setup I would say USB ?

If you are using Kali --DAC how did you connect it ?

usb stopped ,with this error message,can listen without pop longer time ,sometimes just short and stop it.

i2s kali pinout definition 12bclk,35lrclk,40data   my dac don't have mclk ,so not connected

in the settings, show me piano or piano2 dac options.all not work.

latest time booting but no more acess to sparky

today I want trial picoreplayer,maybe better??.....

rpi2 usb iso regen singxer config also stopped with same error messages,so not sparky fault..

I like sparky with iso regen,uspcb,3 ucap psu,short 5cm silver y cable,sound better than rpi2.

I sold my sms200 ,so I cant compare.Today don't stopped the music,running well.(only usb)

The 16bit music don't want play,play but only one side sound and music slow,like cassette Walkman low battery:D

somebody can help?:D

4 hours ago, hopkins said:

Any chance of getting some feedback? 

Thanks 

I have couple of weeks with USBridge now. I can compare it with microRendu/lps1 combo. 

USBridge is more dynamic and has more air. You can say that USBridge has bigger sound and is more musical. Resolution is on the same level. It is interesting that USBridge can perform on this level with stock power supply and microRendu needs lps1 .

in the end it comes down to personal taste and system.

If you look at it from price point of view I would say decision should be easy

my system: ATC scm19, NAD c388, Denon DAC/CD 1520

Great to hear your views on USBridge @mentt! Were your listening impressions based on the board still having Jumper '28' still attached to the board? I really urge you to remove it, and it's far easier to do than you might think. Then power the USBridge board rather than Sparky and you will be beyond microRendu/LPS-1 territory. If you can make the connections, then if you power the boards individually (i.e Stock SMPS to Sparky, LPS-1 to USBridge) dare I say, highly suspect you will be in 'ultra' territory :x