IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

See this thread for info on Allo's replacement, their USBBridge Signature:

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendor-s-bazaar/337859-shanti-dual-lps-5v-3a-5v-1-5a-7.html

It is a mostly RPi-compliant device, so will work with all of the available RPi distros / player SW sets. Support effort required from Allo should be much lower, the only non-compliant part (from what they've released so far) is the need to install a USB driver for their HW configuration that also fixes the issue with USB versus Ethernet resource conflicts on the stock RPis through the 3 (fixed now on the 4).

They did make a comment about support for the USBBridge continuing for some time... see post # 308. I figure the original USBBridge will end up being a lot like my Sony HAP Z1-ES... no new firmware/SW updates likely, will work with existing externalities for some time, but nothing new. So still a functioning device, but not keeping up with new developments. That's the reality of HW!

Personally, I'm pretty excited about Allo's USBBridge Signature. It is like an RPi-based Sonore Ultra-Rendu, but able to run any RPi-abled Distro/SW sets. Will be interesting to see how it fares in the marketplace. BUT for people using the RPi to get an I2S signal to feed to DIY DACs like myself (or others using an I2S->HDMI module to feed to a DAC like a PS Audio Directstream) it should be about as good as we can get.

Greg in Mississippi

Everything Matters!

2 systems... Well-Tempered Refs->ET-2.5->DIY or Lounge LCR MkII phono stages

Standalone digital Sony HAP Z1-ES or SDTrans384/Soekris DAM DAC

Networked digital Zotac PI320-W2 LMS Server -> EtherRegen -> USBBridge Sig -> Katana / Ian GB / Soerkis / Buffalo-IIIPro DACs

Passive S&B TX102 TVC or ladder attenuators -> BHK-250 -> Eminent Tech LFT-VIII / IV / VI

ALL gear modified / DIY'd; cables MIT;  all supplies DIY’d or LPS-1.2s w/HUGE Ultracaps; Audio gear on DIY AC filters + PS Aud P15s; misc gear on separate AC w/filters