IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

I'm concerned about the network drop issue. I had to put a RPi in front of my (streaming) Marantz NA8005 DAC because it would drop off the network. I had to return a Auralic Altair because it would drop off the network. I don't want to invest in this device and have similar issues.

My RPi (running DietPi) has been rock solid and has not had a single problem, but I would like something that separates USB/Ethernet and provides the other benefits as the USBridge. Unless it doesn't work...

9 hours ago, allo.com said:

We are working and testing all this time.

We identified the root cause of ethernet problems (dsd 256) and higher.

We are solving some problem with specific DAC and DSD 256.

Before end of the week we will have an update .

Have you figured out the dropping off the network issue?

On 9/6/2017 at 9:26 PM, jtwrace said:

Do you still have the issue with v154?  

I don't yet have one of these, but won't buy one until the network issues are resolved. As I said further up in the thread, I returned an Altair for the same type of  issue, and it makes me very nervous buying with known network problems. The RaspPi in the same configuration works perfectly. 

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, ALLOaudio said:

@Mike Pinkerton

was that the price you got in the shopping cart or was it an estimate?

the price will change at the last stage of purchase depending of your shipping address.

anything before that is an estimate the system makes.

regards

Um, when I created an account and went to choose shipping, the price went up!! It’s now $24 to ship. So what is going on here?

4 hours ago, ALLOaudio said:

@Mike Pinkerton

hi

so you created the account, added to cart and checked out  ?

please PM me your details and what you are ordering so i can confirm shipping cost.

regards

Yes, created an account, added to cart, checked out, and suggested shipping went from $22 to $24. Only choices were FedEx and some other company. This is for a USBridge. 

I'll DM you. 

• 1 month later...

Just got mine installed and it's all working great (even after updating). However I have two questions:

1) What is the normal temp? Mine is running at 52C, which is "running warm, but safe". My RPi with a BOSS hat is only running at 40C, which is "optimum". This is not streaming/playing anything (idle except for my ssh), and the RPi is currently streaming via RAAT. 

2) When I type "alsamixer" at the command-line, I get "cannot open mixer: No such file or directory". That seems odd, is something misconfigured? It plays just fine. 

-mike

• 2 weeks later...