IGNORED

New loudspeakers & room digital correction service

Thank you for the great report @Panomaniac.  I, too, have tried many, many solutions, Can Opener being my favorite, but after fiddling and fiddling, thinking I have it right, I eventually go back to plain listening.

I will have to give this a try!

Bill

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

Ugh.  I hate to confess to being a computer simpleton, but I must.  I am trying to get going with Soundstage Shaper.  I have a long history using an EQ Audio Unit plugin with Audirvana for headphone listening, but I am very frustrated that I can't get any plugin to run in the latest (non-studio) Audirvana.

I am working through the calibration.  Interesting.  I think I got the standalone version going at one point, and it was promising!

Saving the calibration results in a ".dat" file.  All of my other AU presets are ".aupreset" and ".dat" is not recognized?

I own and tried AudioHijack, but it doesn't access presets like DAWs, they are all local to the program?  Is it possible to get the calibration "into" these programs?

I downloaded Soundsource and it seems even more limited with preset functionality.

Still wanting to hear it, I went the standalone app route, hoping to try Swinsian to app.  Using your Roon page and lots of other pages on multioutput/aggregate devices as a guide I tried BlackHole, Loopback. I can't figure out what I am doing.  Maybe had it going at one point?  Not sure.  Sample rates seemed a problem?  Something else caused a crash?

Sorry to be a pain.  I sure do wish I hadn't lost plugin capability with Audirvana, that would be my preferred route.

Bill

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

Thank you for responding.  If the configuration tool produces a specific format, how is the calibration put into the AU plugin in an AU host?

I am not sure why plugins aren't working in Audirvana.  It has been off and on historically, based on looking at their forum.  Strangely, I never had difficulty until lately.  I can load them, but if attempt to control in real-time the track begins to load then stops.  If real-time control is disabled the tracks load and play, but the AUs have no effect (Apple's, anybody's).  I have been reluctant to bother the developer (I don't use plugins with my main rig) as he has his hands full with the release of Studio.  I have been tempted to try Studio, but don't stream, so not sure I will.

Thank you for offering to help.  I will reach out to you.  I need to begin using your products :).

Bill

Making progress :)

Realized that AUs were working In Audirvana 3.5 on my main system last night.

Deleted 3.5 on my laptop and re-installed this morning.  AUs, including real-time control working again.  Great.

Was feeling stupid about the "load" button in the Soundstage Shaper.  Wished I had taken a screen shot, but believe me, it wasn't there!  Deleted and re-downloaded the plugin, installed, now it is there:

214637468_ScreenShot2021-06-19at10_31_54AM.thumb.png.ad8f157af00a4ca2d0d63a572876d48c.png

Now I am cooking.  First impressions are great, primarily re. body and tone.  The crossfeed effect is very subtle.  I think this will be ok.  It has mainly been something I have pursued previously for older, hard pan-potted recordings (early Beatles for example).  I think Meier's description of a close-in "pressure sensation" in the ear is apt.  This sensation is relieved in a subtle way with the plugin.   I have always abandoned crossfeed before as I didn't like the shifts in tonality/frequency response, especially with more natural recordings. I am happy to report that seems completely absent with Thierry's plugin.  I only want to perceive the room acoustics of well-recorded classical and jazz, no attempts at providing additional room acoustics effects.

Thank you for your work, Thierry.

Bill

Forgot a question.  EQ after the plugin.  I use it for headphone EQ (HD650s).  Minimum phase.  I also do minimum phase upsampling.  My suspicion, especially after working with the configurator, is that phase is an important part of what you are doing(?).

Best to leave it out?

LP in the high-end only?  I suspect that if the ringing effects of LP EQ is problematic, it is more at LFs.

MP at low frequency and LP at high frequencies?

Bill

Yes @LarryMagoo!  I was getting to that point!

And everything is right now as I watch the Euros out of the corner of my eye while listening :)

Very much recommend trying it out.

Bill