IGNORED

New loudspeakers & room digital correction service

I have ordered my UMIK-1 plus a boom stand and will send the files off to HAF as soon as I generate them. I use Roon so that's where the filters will reside. That said, I also listen to Apple Music and would like it if there was a solution for that. I use a MacBook Pro and iOS devices streamed through an Allo DigiOne Signature running DietPi via AirPlay. Any ideas? I know I could use MiniDSP but I'd rather not have that extra hardware layer. That's why Roon is so convenient.

• 1 month later...

I purchased the basic filter about a month ago. First point is I have a 10’x11’x10’ dedicated listening room. Not ideal.  I run Magnepan MMGs, Schiit amp, pre and dac and a REL T5i sub. I used the new version of Thierry’s software on a MacBook Pro with the UMIK. Roon is the host for the filters. The new software was easy to use. Done and sent in less than 30 minutes. The test files were returned in around a day. 
Now for the results. MMGs come with resistors for the tweeters if the highs are too hot. I tried a number of combinations but they all took the life out of the recording. Thierry’s filters eased the hot highs without losing the liveliness. I may get a slight bit added back in to compensate for old ears. I now have detail without fatigue. The next big change was the bass. Small square rooms are trouble for bass. The filters tamed a nasty room mode and left a cleaner more defined low end.
Satisfied customer.

1 hour ago, jamesg11 said:

Similar room size here, though I can open large sliding doors behind the listening position into the rest of the house.

What about speaker positions - maggies & sub? How did you optimise this before measurements? Did Thierry suggest anything for that?

I had my setup in what I found to be the best position before I sent the files to Thierry. I didn’t ask for setup advice but I did tell him what I was working with. The maggies are tricky to position and the distance from the front wall (37”) and toe-in took about 6 months of listening and adjusting. At this point the sound doesn’t come from the speakers but from behind and across. The imaging only slightly improved with the filters with better integration of the upper frequencies. The sub ended up between the speakers vs REL’s recommendation of a corner. I tried for the lowest crossover frequency and the least amount of gain. Thierry took out a room mode/node. The opening you have Into another room should help.