IGNORED

New loudspeakers & room digital correction service

Highly recomended. Got correction zip file implemented to Roon yesterday. Very quick service. 

I plan to maybe write a small guide of how to do this without using REV as your tone generator. But play direct from Roon and only measure using REV. 

However all all information can be found here. 

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-home-audio-fidelity-room-correction-convolution-filter-creation/29389/111?u=r1200cl

• 1 month later...

@fresponse

Your website states:

• If you have the appropriate calibration file (90° for UMIK) point the mic to the ceiling otherwise point it to the midpoint b/w loudspeakers

I’m not sure I understand this 100%, as all UMIK has a calibration file. 

So what is your recommendations with a calibration file present ?

Ceiling or midpoint ?

• Set the output level as if you were listening to music

Have you abandon the use of pink noise at 75 dB and the sweep measurement file ?

When I did my measurements I played everything through Roon, (and even with HQPlayer in the chain, which probably was a mistake). 

Files I used was found here. I expect this is the most correct way to do it if using Roon. 

I will send you new measurements in a couple of weeks. Only using Roon. 

I like to do two measurements file. 

One with nothing added in Roon and one withe these settings:

C4A5768A-1072-4AC6-B981-62680A5BFB38.png

I would like to hear your recommendations for Roon settings.

Should headroom management be enabled ?

Any other settings ?

On 28.3.2018 at 1:07 PM, fresponse said:

Last but not least, we propose a simple tool for room transfer measurements (inc. remote control with tablet or phone)

Click on that measurement file package in your website from an iPad was not successful. But maybe that’s not meant to be or ?

• 2 weeks later...

@fresponse

I'm trying to test out how Roon with HAF sounds VS HQPlayer embedded with HAF.

This is not working so far.

One fundamental difference is that it seems to me that HQPlayer embedded needs one file pr. speaker.

And I don't know if HQPlayer embedded even accepts ZIP files.

Can you please advice and maybe consult @Miska in this matter. Maybe update your website with a small user guide ?

Is is so simple that I have to unsip the HAF file and upload several times the different filters ?

Only wav ? What about the cfg files ?

ScreenShot305.jpg

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

REW simply plays it's own test file.

In general.
You should download the test signals your music library, and play from there while REW is measuring. 

HAF procedures is very well described in Roon forum. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 7:48 PM, agillis said:

Looks like this is Mac or Windows only. Not sure how it could be used with sonicorbiter.

I hope you and @fresponse are able to find a solution and adding this audio plugin to SonicTransporter. Maybe even @Miska can help, if he where interested in offering this as a service, or assist with his knowledge and support SGC ? 

I have no idea how much work it will be to offer an external DSP module into either SonicTransporter and/or HQPlayer embedded. 

Maybe the SonicTransporter isn’t powerful enough? 

(Filters by HAF is already working with either HQPLAYER or Roon itself using the SonicTransporter, as you indicated). 

@fresponse

The reason for this request is of cause to avoid another computer into the digital playback chain. 

If for some reason it is impossible to use the SonicTransporter with Roon (and HQPlayer embedded) for the task, will then an extra NUC running Windows solve this, or is it basically meant to be used those specific audio players that’s accept external DSP modules ? (And the exclude Roon).