IGNORED

Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe

I am very pleased with the Tier 3 upgrade to my Sonore Signature Rendu SE.

However, the new Trinnov Altitude 32 I recently setup I just upgraded from 16 to 24 channels, and I have to finance a buying spree of adding speakers, amplifiers, and paying big bucks to Adam Pelz the custom install guy currently setting up CEDIA HQ's new theatre in Indianapolis. So I've decided to sell my upgraded Sonore Signature Rendu SE Tier 3 upgrade! I have an ad in the For Sale Forum here at Audiophile Style.

I am not losing ROON, as my Trinnov Altitude 32 is ROON Ready. You don't want to look at its MSRP, over $30 grand! Bottom line is I am simplifying my system in terms of components and relying on ROON via ethernet which is good quality and close to using AES/EBU digital in to my Trinnov SSP.

I ordered the upgrade a bit before getting the Trinnov SSP and had no idea I'd love it so much I'd be skimpting to add so much to my system, which will go from 5.2.4 to 9.4..8!

The Tier 3 upgrade I have received is described below:

UPGRADE OPTIONS

• Tier 1 Conversion to systemOptique, 595 USD
    We recommend upgrading to the Synergistic Black or Blue fuse before the Tier 1 conversion,
    if this has not already been implemented. Upgrade Price $120 (MSRP $149.95) in addition to the Tier
    cost.
  • Tier 2 Tier 1 + “RFI to Heat” applied material to the underside cover, 695 USD
    The application of this material absorbs stray radio frequency interference (RFI) and converts it to
    Heat.
  • Tier 3 Tier 1 + Tier 2 + Turbo Linear Power Supply, $995
    Please allow up to three weeks for a Level 3 conversion.

When I ordered the upgrade, I first talked to Adria of Sonore, who advised that the existing power supply as upgraded will likely be better than the new power supply in the to be made and sold Sonore Signature Rendu SE optical model, as power supplies are simply getting so expensive to build.

So if you are interested visit my ad at the For Sale Forum and message me with your email and phone.

17 hours ago, Steve Bruzonsky said:

However, the new Trinnov Altitude 32 I recently setup I just upgraded from 16 to 24 channels, and I have to finance a buying spree of adding speakers, amplifiers, and paying big bucks to Adam Pelz the custom install guy currently setting up CEDIA HQ's new theatre in Indianapolis. So I've decided to sell my upgraded Sonore Signature Rendu SE Tier 3 upgrade! I have an ad in the For Sale Forum here at Audiophile Style.

I am not losing ROON, as my Trinnov Altitude 32 is ROON Ready. You don't want to look at its MSRP, over $30 grand! Bottom line is I am simplifying my system in terms of components and relying on ROON via ethernet which is good quality and close to using AES/EBU digital in to my Trinnov SSP.

I ordered the upgrade a bit before getting the Trinnov SSP and had no idea I'd love it so much I'd be skimpting to add so much to my system, which will go from 5.2.4 to 9.4..8!

UPGRADE OPTIONS

We recommend upgrading to the Synergistic Black or Blue fuse before the Tier 1 conversion,
    if this has not already been implemented. Upgrade Price $120 (MSRP $149.95) in addition to the Tier
    cost.
  • Tier 2 Tier 1 + “RFI to Heat” applied material to the underside cover, 695 USD
    The application of this material absorbs stray radio frequency interference (RFI) and converts it to
    Heat.

When I ordered the upgrade, I first talked to Adria of Sonore, who advised that the existing power supply as upgraded will likely be better than the new power supply in the to be made and sold Sonore Signature Rendu SE optical model, as power supplies are simply getting so expensive to build.

So if you are interested visit my ad at the For Sale Forum and message me with your email and phone.

Steve we hate to see you go. Since you have been a great customer and this is a recent upgrade we will honor the warranty on this unit extending it to your customer. I just need you to send us the customers name after the sale and certify that the unit has not been altered since the upgrade. 

Please note that we do not usually extend the warranty to third party sales. Also we void the warranty if the unit has been modified in anyway. 

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Steve we hate to see you go. Since you have been a great customer and this is a recent upgrade we will honor the warranty on this unit extending it to your customer. I just need you to send us the customers name after the sale and certify that the unit has not been altered since the upgrade. 

Please note that we do not usually extend the warranty to third party sales. Also we void the warranty if the unit has been modified in anyway. 

You are too nice and a great audio company in my book! I appreciate the $$ help by honoring the warranty when I sell the unit! Costing me big bucks $$$ for the  theater upgrade I am doing and everythingh helps. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a few questions for Jesus and or Barrows:

Is the optical board in the Signature Rendu SE a little larger than that found in the opticalRendu?  How much DDR3 RAM is used in the opticalRendu/Signature Rendu SE?

I am looking forward to the release of your opticalModule.

Thanks!

Steve Plaskin

40 minutes ago, Mercman said:

I have a few questions for Jesus and or Barrows:

Is the optical board in the Signature Rendu SE a little larger than that found in the opticalRendu?  How much DDR3 RAM is used in the opticalRendu/Signature Rendu SE?

I am looking forward to the release of your opticalModule.

Thanks!

It's the same size as the ultraRendu which are all larger then the original microRendu. Sorry for the confusion on the website...I'll work on this today. The RAM capacity is based on the processor module, but I prefer no to post about it. It's has plenty of RAM and CPU power. 

2 hours ago, Mercman said:

I have a few questions for Jesus and or Barrows

Steve, if you have technical questions regarding features or differences of the Signature Rendu optical vs. the previous model, please feel free to contact me via PM.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 2 weeks later...

Review up of the Signature Rendu SE, system Optique:

https://twitteringmachines.com/review-sonore-signature-rendu-se-systemoptique/

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 2 weeks later...

Just outta curiosity, has anyone used vibration control footers under a Signature Rendu SE and the connected DAC?

I get email pitches on vibration control for all my devices - renderer, DAC, integrated amp, phono preamp, LPS boxes, even speakers - usually costing about as much as a new amp would.  

I confess, however, that I never have noticed a lot of improvement with the relatively inexpensive vibrapods and ball bearing devices that I have used.  I thus am pretty skeptical, but I am curious how other owners approach this.  

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

Hi Mike, my experience with vibration control devices suggests that they do make many components sound different, but sometimes it can be hard to determine if "different" is actually better for all recordings.  Also, different types of components seem to respond differently to different devices.  One isolation product I am looking forward to trying at some point is the "Orea" footers from ISOacoustics-these are also (relatively) reasonably priced.

SONORE computer audio

1 minute ago, barrows said:

One isolation product I am looking forward to trying at some point is the "Orea" footers from ISOacoustics-these are also (relatively) reasonably priced.

Those are among the offerings in the emails that push isolation devices.  They do seem relatively sanely-priced compared to some of the possibilities out there, so they are the ones I would consider first.

The most insanely-priced offerings I have seen cost in the thousands to isolate a single component and that's before you get to the optional ball bearing upgrades that "make a huge improvement" in the sound of the footers at a cost of several hundred dollars per footer.  

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

10 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

Just outta curiosity, has anyone used vibration control footers under a Signature Rendu SE and the connected DAC?

I get email pitches on vibration control for all my devices - renderer, DAC, integrated amp, phono preamp, LPS boxes, even speakers - usually costing about as much as a new amp would.  

I confess, however, that I never have noticed a lot of improvement with the relatively inexpensive vibrapods and ball bearing devices that I have used.  I thus am pretty skeptical, but I am curious how other owners approach this.  

As a note each of the four footers of the Signature Rendu has five isolation dots. My biggest vibration issue is my center counsel which has sliding access covers.

On 5/15/2019 at 6:50 PM, Mike Rubin said:

I'm using Ingress Audio Engineering Level 3 v2 RollerBlocks under my Signature Rendu SE and DAC. Both also sit on SR Tranquility Bases. 

3 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

I'm using Ingress Audio Engineering Level 3 v2 RollerBlocks under my Signature Rendu SE and DAC. Both also sit on SR Tranquility Bases

I think my plans are more modest. :) That's maybe five grand for isolation! 

3 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

I think my plans are more modest. :)

Start with the Ingress Engineering RollerBlocks. If one set doesn't impress with the Signature Rendu SE, the set can be used under another component. 

8 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Start with the Ingress Engineering RollerBlocks. If one set doesn't impress with the Signature Rendu SE, the set can be used under another component. 

Thank you for the suggestion!  They are in my price range. 

I had a question regarding using my optical signature renduSE. I had been feeding the usb from rendu directly to my Schiit Yggy Dac. I recently bought a new home theater processor that does not have usb in (Tinniv Altitude16) so I bought a used Schiit EITR that converts the usb to SPDIF and cleans up noise. Unfortunately, even though the Trinnov has excellent electronics and DACs, it didn’t sound as good as when I play through Yggy. But I thought I would compare feeding the Yggy (upgrades to the usb and analog sections) directly with the usb to the EITR feeding the Yggy with a Kimber Kable D-60 spdif cable. Very similar aq but thought the EITR feed may be slightly smoother but loosing a little bass clarity. I ended up sticking with the direct usb feed. Is there any reason why there should be any differences at all?

20 minutes ago, lxgreen said:

smoother but loosing a little bass clarity

The above quote is your key.  That description sounds to me like you are experiencing the sonic effects of higher jitter from the SPDIF connection.  This should not be surprising, as the SPDIF interface design is flawed in comparison with asynchronous USB, as the DAC must track the SPDIF clock (which is further degraded by being embedded in the single wire SPDIF signal), typically using a PLL circuit.  With async USB, the DAC clock is the master (as it should be for best performance) and this approach has the potential to have the least jitter when well implemented

Additionally, in Sonore Rendu products, there is a lot of attention paid to get the USB output as "perfect" as is possible-my first recommendation to customers using the Sonore Signature Rendu SE (optical or wired) is to use the USB output direct into the DAC, with the best USB cable one can get their hands on, before experimenting with any add-ons or converters.

SONORE computer audio

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 12:05 AM, Steve Bruzonsky said:

UPGRADE OPTIONS

cost.
    Heat.

Just a note that my Sonore Signature Rendu SE with the SystemOptique Tier 3 upgrade is still available, with an add at the for sale forum here! I love it, but no longer need it since my  Trinnov Altitude 32 SSP (24 channels) is ROON Ready and the ROON Ready via ethernet performance is close enough that I need to "simplify" my system (what a joke, having 24 channels and calling that a "simplification". Oh well!)

I am very patient on this as the SystemOptique option on new models is only very recent, and very positive reviews are starting to come in. So you can save $$ vs buying a new one!

And Sonore is extending the remainder of the upgrade warranty to the buyer because I've been such a good Sonore customer in past years (very nice of them)!

13 hours ago, Steve Bruzonsky said:

Just a note that my Sonore Signature Rendu SE with the SystemOptique Tier 3 upgrade is still available, with an add at the for sale forum here! I love it, but no longer need it since my  Trinnov Altitude 32 SSP (24 channels) is ROON Ready and the ROON Ready via ethernet performance is close enough that I need to "simplify" my system (what a joke, having 24 channels and calling that a "simplification". Oh well!)

I am very patient on this as the SystemOptique option on new models is only very recent, and very positive reviews are starting to come in. So you can save $$ vs buying a new one!

And Sonore is extending the remainder of the upgrade warranty to the buyer because I've been such a good Sonore customer in past years (very nice of them)!

Steve is a long time customer and we have no reservations standing behind the sale of this unit. Buy it with confidence. 

With respect to buying pre-owned Sonore gear I will announce a new polity soon in a thread dedicated to the subject. I just need a little bit of time to coordinate the plan with some key people.  

On 4/2/2019 at 5:32 PM, vortecjr said:

You and Sonore are such an outstanding company. I just sold my Sonore Signature Rendu SE SystemOptique Tier 3 Upgrade to Don Henley. Thanks for extending the warranty though in my experience no warranty repair will ever be necessary!!!@@@

2 hours ago, Steve Bruzonsky said:

I just sold my Sonore Signature Rendu SE SystemOptique Tier 3 Upgrade to Don Henley.

Hobnobbing with the bigwigs, I see!