IGNORED

Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe

37 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

Thanks, Barrows. I will email Jesus for upgrade information. In my experience with automotive applications, carbon fiber can be crazy expensive even for small pieces, but the top of a Sig SE cabinet isn't huge. 

I think Jesus was just looking for some feedback on the idea, we are certainly not prepared to offer the carbon fiber top panel yet.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Just now, barrows said:

I think Jesus was just looking for some feedback on the idea, we are certainly not prepared to offer the carbon fiber top panel yet.

Thanks for the clarification. My input: depends entirely on the cost. :) 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

16 minutes ago, lsantista said:

Hi, are there plans to include I2S out on future design revisions?

Personally, I2S is a rather weak format, and well implemented USB is superior, especially with the quality of the USB output from the Signature.  We do offer the ultraDigital as a solution for those who must have I2S or SPDIF capability, and it works very, very well in concert with the Signature Rendu SEoptical.  See here:

http://www.sonore.us/ultraDigital.html

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Thank you for replying, I do own the OpR and the UltraDigital, and so far found no difference between using I2S and USB with my Holo Spring but my system is still new and burning in and havent had the chance for more in depht testing.

Still, when considering the possibility of upgrading in the future, droping the use of an extra box (and PSU since I have the old design of the Ultra) would be nice. But I do hear you, and see the potential drawbacks to have an extra, not used output, that also adds to final cost

10 hours ago, lsantista said:

Thank you for replying, I do own the OpR and the UltraDigital, and so far found no difference between using I2S and USB with my Holo Spring but my system is still new and burning in and havent had the chance for more in depht testing.

Still, when considering the possibility of upgrading in the future, droping the use of an extra box (and PSU since I have the old design of the Ultra) would be nice. But I do hear you, and see the potential drawbacks to have an extra, not used output, that also adds to final cost

What output protocol are you using on your Rendu?

Sorry if I dont get your question straight, but I send USB to the Spring 3 KTE. Last week my UDigital arrived (got it used) and I installed it for a week but as mentioned found it non superior to the USB. I mostly use use qobuz with hqplayer via roon. So, 768 with USB and used 384 with i2S. Again, I didnt do any real testing with matched rates etc, but may do later. In general my ears can't really detect any change of sampling rates but so far I seen to prefer using HQplayer than straight qobuz or roon.

1 hour ago, lsantista said:

Sorry if I dont get your question straight, but I send USB to the Spring 3 KTE. Last week my UDigital arrived (got it used) and I installed it for a week but as mentioned found it non superior to the USB. I mostly use use qobuz with hqplayer via roon. So, 768 with USB and used 384 with i2S. Again, I didnt do any real testing with matched rates etc, but may do later. In general my ears can't really detect any change of sampling rates but so far I seen to prefer using HQplayer than straight qobuz or roon.

I am not surprised: given the quality of the USB output of the Signature, and the USB input on the Spring 3 KTE, I would expect USB to provide the best performance possible (given a quality USB cable as well, it matters at this level) and there would be no reason to mess with the added complexity and jitter of I2S connections.

SONORE computer audio

• vortecjr changed the title to Sonore Signature Rendu SE
  • 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, pietka08 said:

Hello, I'm from Poland. I'm thinking about changing Auralic Aries Femto to Sonore Signature Rendu SE. I have a question, is it possible to test SonoreS SE before making a purchase decision? Where in the EU can I get it. Sorry for my English.

Please contact Sonore's VP directly with your questions at this e-mail address:

[email protected]

Thanks for your interest in The Signature Rendu SEoptical!

SONORE computer audio

1 hour ago, lsantista said:

Hi, can the Sig Rendu voltage easily be changed by the user? 

No, the Signature Rendu is hard wired for either 115 VAC or 230 VAC (except for Japan units).  The unit must be returned to Sonore for AC input voltage conversion.

SONORE computer audio

I can only confirm, once again, that the Signature Rendu SE remains a superlative streamer and is the core of my system.  It has lower noise than any other product I've tried and easily reveals the effects of using different optical cables, let alone the wonderful soundstage and bass performance.

spacer.png

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 3:14 AM, Mike Rubin said:

Like every product, the Signature SE has a few downsides. Particularly, when returning attention to the unit after some time away, I sometimes have to reboot all of my PC, FMC, DAC, and Signature SE to reestablish the signal path.  I also have a few times had the operating system SD card become corrupted.

This can be overcome knowing the specific circumstances. 

• 2 months later...

Has anyone attempted to polish their Signature Rendu SE faceplate?  don't know how (only used microfiber to dust), but my faceplate has lots of micro scratches on the piano black finish.  It's not terrible but my gear sees a decent amount of sunshine through a south facing window.  I can see the smudges from my listening position.

There are a lot of video on polishing piano black car parts.  Seems like it would work.  I would mask any lettering.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 12:43 PM, CL65 said:

I am using the supplied Synergistic Research Purple fuse.  Anyone here try the newer SR Master fuse with their Signature Rendu SE?  If so which fuse was preferred?  Thanks for any details!

We here at Sonore have not tried the new Master Fuse, given the expense, it is hard to consider it!  But if anyone does try on, please report your results here, as we love to know how much better this new fuse might be.

SONORE computer audio

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 12:43 PM, CL65 said:

I am using the supplied Synergistic Research Purple fuse.  Anyone here try the newer SR Master fuse with their Signature Rendu SE?  If so which fuse was preferred?  Thanks for any details!

Update:  Sonore VP has tried the Synergistic Master Fuse, and reports it does result in an improvement.  As always, I am hesitant to recommend it due to the very high price-but if everything else in your system is "perfected", perhaps a Master fuse is what you need to gain that last little bit of sonic bliss.  Sonore will offer the Master Fuse as a special order option for the Signature.  Please note that it is unlikely that we would stock these fuses due to the cost, but we will special order them for new Signature builds if requested. 

SONORE computer audio