IGNORED

Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe

Just to be clear, I would suggest using a optical cable for the longest cable in one's set up, as optical has lower losses than electrical, and also cannot pick up any noise along the way.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 3 weeks later...

To shutdown the Signature Rendu SE optical and not corrupt the operating system it takes 7 steps:

Open Chrome browser

Navigate to MySonicorbiter

Select Manage

Select System

Select Power Down

Confirm Power Down....10 second countdown

Then turn off the power switch on the rear of the cabinet

Does anyone do it differently?

Would prefer something simpler like my Nucleus - press power button = soft shutdown, press hold = hard shutdown

2 channel : full Innuos suite / Black Cat USB cables / Kii Three BXT

Desktop : Innuos PulseMINI / Roon ROCK / SaBaj A20d amp-DAC / DCA E3 headphones

17 minutes ago, fpalm69 said:

To shutdown the Signature Rendu SE optical and not corrupt the operating system it takes 7 steps:

Open Chrome browser

Select Manage

Select System

Select Power Down

Would prefer something simpler like my Nucleus - press power button = soft shutdown, press hold = hard shutdown

I just use the power switch.  Am I going to mess up something if I keep doing that?

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

41 minutes ago, fpalm69 said:

Open Chrome browser

Select Manage

Select System

Select Power Down

I have never done that.  I just shut it down via the power switch, and never have any problems...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

2 hours ago, fpalm69 said:

Open Chrome browser

Select Manage

Select System

Select Power Down

Assuming the IP of the unit stays the same you can bookmark the home page. I keep my units on most of the time and power cycle to turn them off. Shutting them down from the webpage is a better idea since it does not just crash the OS and it automatically removes the unit from list in www.sonicorbiter.com.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Product award notice

The Signature Rendu SEoptical received the 16th Annual Positive Feedback Writers' Choice Awards for 2019

Quote from the article, "The Sonore Optical Signature Rendu SE delivers streamed music with a level of fidelity and musicality that's unlike anything I've experienced yet."

Link to article

https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/the-16th-annual-positive-feedback-writers-choice-awards-for-2019/?fbclid=IwAR1Rx-RZvzYj1W0aT-W_msjEPCOEBFknW7togPumm1N97TmZFCr31w84B0k

Quite an honor!  You are on a list with some seriously costly company!

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

• 3 months later...
37 minutes ago, robi20064 said:

Jesus/Barrows,

Is there still an upgrade path for the original Signature Rendu owners to the SE? If so, what are the current prices for Tier 1/2?

Do you mean form the Signature Rendu SE to the Signature Rendu SEoptical?

SONORE computer audio

23 minutes ago, robi20064 said:

Yes, sorry for not being precise. 

Yes, certainly Sonore offers the upgrade program for anyone owning a Signature Rendu SE wanting to upgrade to the optical version.  Please contact Sonore's Sales Director Adrian at:

[email protected]

For all the details.

SONORE computer audio

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, mf22433 said:

Are there any pictures somewhere available showing the inside of the Signature Rendu SE Optical?

It is not common practice for Sonore fo publish photos of the internals of our products.  Otherwise, I am happy to answer any questions which you might have, as long as they do not require revealing proprietary information.

SONORE computer audio

If looking from the back of the chassis down into it, the power supply board is to the front of the chassis on the left side, tot he back of the chassis is the main board with the processor module.  In the middle of the chassis is shield of a specially chosen alloy, this shield divides the chassis down the middle and shields the high voltage input and transformer from the main board and power supply.  On the right side of the chassis, at the back panel one would see the IEC jack, with the input filtering, and a stout ground wire to the chassis, then the star quad wiring (for US voltage units) going to the custom, IEC style, Mercury (US made) transformer, which is at the right front of the chassis (as far from the main board as possible).  Also on the right side of the chassis attached to the front panel is the small LED board for the indicator LED.

SONORE computer audio

• 1 month later...

I have a Signature Rendu SE Optical, and am having some issues with my connection to a new DAC with USB.

Details:

The SR connects fine to my Schiit Yggy with Tidal and Mconnect

My laptop connect fine to my new Lampizator Amber III using the JL sounds device driver (through Tidal app and Mconnect using Tidal)

The SR will display the Lampizator info in the Custom DAC section in SonicOrbiter.  

0) USB Audio Class Digital alsa audio output interface `hw:0,0'
 - device name       = Lampizator                                                  
 - interface name    = USB Audio                                                   
 - usb audio class   = 2 - isochronous asynchronous                                
 - USB ID            = /proc/asound/card0/usbid                                    
 - character device  = /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p                                           
 - encoding formats  = S32_LE, SPECIAL, DSD_U32_BE, S16_LE                         
 - monitor file      = /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params                     
 - stream file       = /proc/asound/card0/stream0                                  

The SR using Mconnect, will very briefly play songs through Tidal.  Then, it will stop, and the SR has issues.  Mconnect will say things like "Invalid file location" or "Renderer will not respond" and nothing will play

Once I reboot the SR and the DAC, it will sometimes come back.  The SR will pickup a new IP through DHCP.  It will start playing when I hit play in Mconnect, and then after a short period it stops, and the issues start all over again.

OS is on updated 2.7, as that is the latest it would let me download.

This is the latest version of the Amber III dac, that has the DS53 digital engine and their latest USB module.

59 minutes ago, halo777 said:

OS is on updated 2.7, as that is the latest it would let me download.

You should get the 2.8 as a start. Order from SGC. 

You may find a way in your router to set a fixed IP on the Rendu. That should probably help a lot. 

OK, so I ordered the 2.8 card for the unit.  Sonore was super quick on the response, and shipped it out the very next day.  Amazing!

In the meantime, I dug into the network setup.  I am running an Orbi wireless network with satellites, and a Ubiquiti switch for the fiber connection from the Signature.  After looking into the settings on the Orbi, it seems it was assigning the switch an IP through DHCP, and then creating a different subnet for the SR.  The SR was also getting an IP through DHCP.

The Orbi allowed me to set a static IP address for the switch, but not for the SR on the different subnet.  However, after setting the switch with a static IP, and rebooting all the devices, the SR got an IP on the same subnet.  After that, the Orbi allowed me to reserve a static IP for the SR as well.

I tested it, and within the first 60 seconds I had the same disconnect issue.  I was pretty disappointed.  Then, 15s later, it stated playing music again, which had never happend with previous disconnects.  Since then, it has been totally stable.  Not a single disconnect.

I dont know why the SR would have issues when using the Lampizator, but not the Schiit.  But in any case, it seems the issue is resolved for the time being.  Just to note, the device is still on 2.7.

thanks R1200CL!  Your recommendation worked !!!