IGNORED

Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe

On 11.11.2017 at 4:25 PM, barrows said:

@rickca, Huh?  What Michael found was that the SRse was better than the microRendu is every area, exactly what we would expect here at Sonore.  Let's see, the Signature Rendu SE is better in every way than the micro, and it gets a "Greatest Bits" award.  To me this review screams "Mission Accomplished" for the Signature Rendu SE.

Is it exactly the same board in side the SE as in the UltraRendu ?

Will we see a Signature Rendu SE with the UltraDigital board as well sometime in the future ?

(The ultraDigital may outperform the Berkeley  Audio converter, if it has proper PS)

16 minutes ago, Steve Bruzonsky said:

Oh  I went ahead and ordered the Sonic Transporter i7 for ROON DSP (to replace the Sonic Transporter i5) to make use of the i7's dual ethernet connection!

Are you going to do more than DSD 256, (which the i5 can do), and how will you apply DSD to your Casablanca ?

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, randyhat said:

I like the two ethernet ports on the i7 but am curious if will have any benefits over a simple switch.  Like you, I don't really need the DSP processing power of the i7 but the i7 is the only model with the dual ethernet ports.

In your case:

Save the money and buy the i5, pluss the UpTone EtherRegen switch when it will be available. You may add HQPlayer as well. (Also buy from SMG). 

Read the 20 last pages in this thread for possible more info. 

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/?page=360

And here as well;

21 hours ago, barrows said:

I am not sure why you recommend running HQPlayer with an I5, not a lot of power for oversampling own that case.

He is not doing DSD, only PCM. Also if he was doing DSD, the i5 will do up to DSD 256. i5 also less power. 

21 hours ago, barrows said:

Running direct mode from an I7 Sonic Transporter is an excellent option,

That maybe so, but so is a dedicated audiofile switch ?

There may also be placement issues that could suit one option over the other. 

And i I think having the i7 “far away” is preferable. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Steve Bruzonsky said:

So Sonore Signature Rendu SE  and Microrendu/Ultrarendu owners, what ethernet cable and length are you using, and is the shield lifted on the SRSE end?

Barrows mentioned earlier in this thread that metal connectors on the ethernet cable might cause an issue with galvanic isolation.

I have seen here and other threads some folks  mentioning that the shield lifted at the Roon Ready device end gives better sonics.

I am using a .5M Audioquest Vodka.ethernet cable for this purpose. I just noticed that the connectors are metal.

My understanding is that the ethernet cable connector issue is important at the Roon Ready device end.

Thanks.

Steve

Your Vodka is just fine. It was what I tried to copy when i told Ghent to design his first Ethernet cable.  Now he has the even better shileded version (JSSG360). We actually almost did it wrong by following the ethernet specification ?

Vodka connectors has no connection to shield. Wich you can test by a meter. 

I have read a quite sientific acceptable reason somewhere to not go below 3 feet or 1 meter on Ethernet cables. 

Use you money on the UpTone upcomming switch ?

What may be worth trying if someone is ordering Ethernet cables from Ghent is to request to only make it support 10 or 100 MHz by not connect those wires. 

But I have no idea if this make sence. 

• 1 year later...
59 minutes ago, halo777 said:

OS is on updated 2.7, as that is the latest it would let me download.

You should get the 2.8 as a start. Order from SGC. 

You may find a way in your router to set a fixed IP on the Rendu. That should probably help a lot. 

• vortecjr changed the title to Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe
  • 3 weeks later...