IGNORED

Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe

On 8/24/2019 at 4:02 PM, barrows said:

New review up on the Signature Rendu SEoptical and opticalModule here:

https://www.dagogo.com/audio-blast-sonore-systemoptique-signature-rendu-se/

Hi Barrows/Jesus/John

I found something 'odd' (at least to me) in this review that I have not seen previously (quoted below).

Can you comment/explain please?

In your opinion, how does optical cable length (or type--single mode/multimode) impact sound quality?

(start dagogo quote)

The optical cable that SONORE recommends is offered on their website in a 1–meter length. I went to the website of S* Cable, the OEM which also makes serious optical cables for military and industrial applications, and bought my own cables in the 10–meter and 3–meter lengths. It took a few weeks to receive them, as it seems S* gets a lot of specialty orders. The systemOptique uses a discrete (duplex) L/R pair of optical cables for each channel. The cable is thin and quite flexible, but you had better watch that you don’t crimp it or pierce it if running it through a tangle of wires and gear.

Adrian indicated that the length of the optical cable influences the intensity of the sound. He said it has an affect similar to attenuation, and as such the 3m cable might be too intense. I apologize that with my hectic schedule I did not yet compare the different lengths of optical cables, but I have no reason to doubt Adrian’s guidance, as he has been spot on with all other descriptions of SONORE and SMG products’ performance.

(end dagogo quote)