IGNORED

Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe

For the mRendu, the best (stated by many users) power supply is the Uptone LPS-1. I assume this will also be the case for the ultraRendu. Why would this Signature Rendu perform better than an ultraRendu/LPS-1 combo?

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

On 7/25/2017 at 3:07 PM, Lcocozza said:

Sonore Signature Power Supply  outperforms LPS-1, so it is easy to expect the Signature Rendu being ahead of both.

Where did you gather that knowledge? My JS-2 certainly does not outperform the LPS-1 feeding my mRendu (it is the other way around) and I always thought JS-2 and Sonore Signature PS were in the same league. This review also doesn't hint in the direction: https://www.audiostream.com/content/uptone-audio-ultracap-lps-1

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

1 hour ago, Al Jones said:

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention the Synergistic Black fuse. Since I haven’t heard the SSRSE with any other fuse, I didn’t mention it.

My advice to you. Try a good DAC and use the analogue inputs of your Lyngdorf. You will be amazed!

4 hours ago, Al Jones said:

Let’s see. You’re suggesting that I put a DAC between the source and the Lyngdorf TDAI-2170, run analogue into the Lyngdorf where it converts back to digital for room correction, electronic crossover and digital amplification?

Apart from the additional cost of a “good” DAC and a Lyngdorf audiophile ADC to make all of this even possible, I am in no doubt that my path, source to Lyngdorf to speakers with the signal entirely digital all the way, will be cleaner in every possible sense of the word.

I had exactly the same thoughts. Then - just for fun - I tried a Chord Hugo (first gen.) and indeed introduced an extra d/a to a/d conversion. I was stunned by how much better - especially more musical and real - this sounded. That lead me eventually to purchasing a Chord DAVE. But I also tried other DAC’s in the >5k region and all did a better job in reconstructing the signal than my Lyngdorf. Don’t think it’s because I have a TDAI2200 vs your TDAI2170. Actually I prefer the 2200 over the 2170. Probably because of it’s better PS. And don’t get me wrong. I love the Lyngdorf for it’s capabilities as pre-amp, amp, digital cross over and last but not least Roomperfect. Just try it (with good analogue interconnects).

Sorry for the OT btw.

1 hour ago, Al Jones said:

Whatever floats your boat.

Enjoy.

I understand that it is difficult for you to digest. I pointed other Lyngdorf owners in this direction and in most cases their first reaction was the same as yours. But after they explored this contra intuitive path they were thankful. You have a very nice source with the Sonore Signature Rendu SE. It deserves a very good DAC.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, navrsale said:

When I first heard Cayin (I didn't know the brand) on 

I couldn't believe how good it sounded. I thought it was 1000 and 1000s of dollars, maybe even more than $10000. Then I googled and found out it is one very cheap amplifier. As such, it has 3 or 4% THD etc. But the damn things sounds so good. Just like Brodmann speakers (which also have huge distortion, but sound extremely good). I believe this is the effect you achieved with your a/d d/a a/d d/a experiments. Btw, it is very rare to get 40+ positives on YT on a system, especially a system with such a low price

My case has nothing to do with added distortion. The crux is the reconstruction of the analog signal. Top notch DAC's perform this task better than the Lyngdorf amplifiers.

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Are there no famous people here:)

What about @George Hincapie? Very famous here in cycling-loving Europe!

On 6/16/2019 at 6:25 PM, vortecjr said:

Is he the real deal!

Only he can tell.