IGNORED

Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe

98074859_ScreenShot2019-03-09at7_45_07AM.png.da5cb7cc266ed96c595984bca4eb3a01.png

We are currently offering upgrades to owners from the Sonore Signature Rendu SE to the Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe.  

The Sonore Signature Rendu SE, the absolute finest streaming USB source we have made. The Signature Rendu SE is the natural evolution of Sonore’s ultraRendu and Sonore’s acclaimed Signature Power Supply.

The Signature Rendu SE takes fiber optic Ethernet input or cable ethernet input and renders it to a perfect, ultra-low noise USB feed to one’s USB DAC. While the opticalRendu is a revolutionary product, the Signature Rendu SE takes off from the opticalRendu concept, improving on it by refinement and attention to every detail. The SE takes advantage of single chassis design, allowing close coupling of the power supply and processing board for the ultimate in ultra-low impedance and ultra-low noise power delivery. The SE processing board uses a large footprint to allow for eleven (11) independent low noise voltage regulation stages, and better physical separation of the Ethernet processing and USB output sections, further reducing noise and crosstalk. Two ultra-low phase noise (so-called “femto”) oscillator are used to govern all processing and USB audio output.

The opticalRendu is systemOptique certified systemoptique-logo-small.png.c569b9c5c5395a57203d1c4faa7549c6.png

SELECTABLE OUTPUT MODES

Mode #1 - SqueezeLite Output - This output works with any Logitech Media Server and compatible controllers. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #2 - ShairPort Output - This is an AirPlay emulator that utilizes streams sent to it from a compatible source. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM.

Mode #3 - MPD/DLNA Output:

Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPnP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #3b - MPD Output - This output is intended to work with an SMB mount. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD. This option requires an SMB share to mount your content in combination with the built-in Drive Mounter application.

Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output - This output utilizes streams from Signalyst's HQ Player running on your computer. Digital signal processing is performed by HQ Player and then asynchronously streamed to the Network Audio Adapter (NAA) output. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #5 - RoonReady Output - This output utilizes streams from Roon. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #6 - Spotify Connect Output - This output can be controlled by your computer or tablet running the Spotify (premium) application. This application is based on librespot - an open source client library for Spotify. The application is in Beta form.

Link to product page: https://www.sonore.us/Signature-Rendu-SE.html

Special offer / notice:

1. If you purchased an ultraRendu and want to upgrade to a Signature Rendu SE we will give you a 100% refund towards your purchase of a Signature Rendu SE upon return of your ultraRendu. This offer is for a limited time only and applies to customers who bought an ultraRendu via the www.sonore.us website. If you are interested in this offer please email Adrian L. at [email protected]  

2. We are currently taking pre-orders on the Signature Rendu SE. We are just ramping up production now and units should ship in approximately 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, George Hincapie said:

Thanks for the clarity - appreciated.

I need a DAC for my main system now that I have moved my Metrum Acoustics Musette to my headphone station. I would prefer to have my DAC and streamer in one unit if possible, so Aurender A10, PS Audio Direct Stream Junior, Lumin A1 or similar. Has anyone owned one of these streamers and compared the SQ with that of the Sonore products?

If I am going to choose a separate DAC and the Sonore Signature SE over other options it must justify that in performance. Grateful for any views.

There are reviews with our older gear on various forums. I'm not aware of any with our new gear though. Also, remember these units run very versatile software and new capabilities are always being evaluated and considered for incorporation. 

38 minutes ago, canali said:

yes i'm also trying to determine these streamers and their purpose, esp if you go upwards in value to the SE edition or other.

my rig is simple: lps1 to MR to a DAC playing tidal and roon.
(I mostly stream my music thru Tidal)
my laptop is 10 yrs old however.

...and if i upgrade to a Chord Hugo2 or PS Audio Direct Stream JR (from what i understand) they both upsample more than what Roon offers...so maybe just a basic sonic transport i5 would suit me.

sorry if i'm a bit confused...but i'm like all of you on here:
while i do not mind spending $$ to enhance my SQ, i do find some of this emerging technology and how it fits in ones' audio eco system a bit confusing .... i just don't want to overspend on something i might not need.

A simple test would be to update your original microRendu with the 1.4 hardware so you can see the direction all this technology is going in. Those two DACs have USB input so no issue there. 

4 hours ago, daverich4 said:

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying but Roon will upsample to DSD 512 if you have a DAC that can handle it. (I don't)

I think he is going to let the DAC do the work so he does not need a server that can resample. 

32 minutes ago, skatbelt said:

Where did you gather that knowledge? My JS-2 certainly does not outperform the LPS-1 feeding my mRendu (it is the other way around) and I always thought JS-2 and Sonore Signature PS were in the same league. This review also doesn't hint in the direction: https://www.audiostream.com/content/uptone-audio-ultracap-lps-1

Where did you gather that knowledge? I mean...are they in the same league:) Nothing against the JS-2 (I own one), but they are very different power supplies. Also, I don't believe Michael compared the LPS-1 to our power supply and he does say he would have owned one if he could have afforded it. Anyway, this thread is not about a Sonore Signature Power Supply into a microRendu, but a new unit that contains an ultraRendu with a revised power supply design. BTW Chris is going to review it soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not concerned about USPS because the unit is solid-state. I would not reload the apps because that rarely is needed with our operating system. I have only recommended this when there is a specific reason for it.

What I would like to know is how is the CAPS and the Rendu connected to the router?  Which CAPS v3? I will assume for now that Roon has been on the unit and that that library was previously scanned.       

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been through a few of these so I thought I knew what to expect:) Each one is different and represents new challenges. I still don't have TV or internet so I only know what is going on around around me. It's actually kind of nice now that I think about it. Only the sale of the 1.4 hardware updates are on hold for the storm. I really have nothing to complain about. Thanks for asking.

17 hours ago, vladimirk said:

One more question - how On/Off power switch works? Does it perform correct shutdown of Sonicorbiter OS or it's better to choose System / Power Down from menu before turning unit off?  

Either way is fine or you can just leave it on all the time. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, firedog said:

https://www.audiostream.com/content/sonore-simple-design-signature-rendu-se

Very favorable review.

Only criticism: he liked his dCS network player better over AES to the AES input on his TotalDAC (but says the AES is the best input on the TotalDAC, and the Sig Rendu doesn't do AES).

We knew this was going to be a difficult match up since we had a handicap going in as discussed...I'm very pleased with the review though.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Steve Bruzonsky said:

Finally all of me home theater & audio upgrades are done and I am listening to my Sonore Signature Rendu in its full glory. And it sound magnificent.

I can't directly compare to what it sounded like with Microrendu with Sonore Signature Power Supply back last summer because I've done too many system changes since then. But my audio has NEVER sounded better and its an appreciable amount better than before.

In all fairness, I've done a lot to my home theater & audio system since last July:

Replaced Sonore Microrendu with Sonore Signature Power Supply with Sonore  Signature Rendu.

Upgraded Theta CBIV to CBIVA. Finally end of November got firmware upgrade so AES/EBU (and coaxial) digital

input, via Berkeley Audio USB Converter, accepts up to 192-24.

Replaced 2.35 128.5" wide Stewart Cinecurve Screen with 2.40 168" wide Stewart Vistascope Screen.

Replaced Sim2 C3X 1080 3 chip DLP projector (24 lb) with Sony VPL-VW5000ES  laser projector (94 ib).

Replaced cones under five Aerial Acoustics 7t speakers with Isoacoustics Gaia II speaker feet.

Added four IsoAcoustics Iso-pucks under each of five  Theta Prometheus monoblock amplifiers,

one ATI multi-channel amplifier (for four ceiling Dolby Atmos speakers), and under two PS Audio P5 power

regenerators.

Ceiling mounted projector moved back 3 feet from prior throw distance (now at 19.5" throw with the very front

of lens up about 1.5' higher than the prior projector, and where the front of the lens is just a tad above the very

back of my head in my preferred second row center on a platform listening leather recliner)

New screen has masking in from sides all the way from 2.40 to 16.9 to 4.3 aspect ratio, and I find that using the       most masking to 4.3 sound best for 2Ch audio (better absorption up front).

Pending projector and screen install, for almost two months I had projector on a table in the back row center, so

I couldn't listen to music there! And I had to stop using Dirac Room correction because my previous

measured room correction was way off due to the big projector in the back row. Finally a few weeks ago,

after all new physical changes were done and the new screen and projector mounted, I was able to measure

and do new room correction filters for my Theta CBIVA SSP, one for front row (video), one for back row

(music). YEA!

Also, I moved my Western Digital MyCloudPro4200 32 TB server and Sonic Transporter i5 (Roon Core) out of my

theater way up and over to my home office, and my installer ran CAT6 through my attics way over into my

theatre room (super fast Wi-Fi through home and theatre).

I still have the Microrendu with latest firmware. But as I traded in my Sonore Signature Power Supply, I can't hook it up and compare how it sounds with the Sonore Signature Rendu in my current system. Oh well. I can only say I am very, very happy with the Sonore Signature Rendu and how it sounds in my current system!

Great to here! I’m listening to mine today via my TV’s analog input because my AMP is out for service:) 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, navrsale said:

As soon as you converted analog to digital, you distorted it (distortion #1). Then you converted digital to analog and introduced another distortion (distortion #2). Yest it sounded good (just like that Cayin $400 amp with 10% distortion). Distortions are good sounding, that's what you are saying, and I hear ya I am with you on that one.

Please stay on topic here.

• 1 month later...