IGNORED

Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe

Hey folks, be sure to catch the Sonore Signature Rendu SE at Axpona!  the SE will be serving up files in the Western Electric room., and the Bending Waves room (594).  In the Bending Waves room the Signature Rendu SE will be serving files to the very high end Swiss CH Precision electronics to the innovative Gobels High End speakers from Germany.  Here is a quick pic of the Bending Waves room:

bendingwaves.thumb.jpg.ed1088f1f0b15d04154272eb99508116.jpg

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

23 hours ago, barrows said:

Hey folks, be sure to catch the Sonore Signature Rendu SE at Axpona!  the SE will be serving up files in the Western Electric room., and the Bending Waves room (594).  In the Bending Waves room the Signature Rendu SE will be serving files to the very high end Swiss CH Precision electronics to the innovative Gobels High End speakers from Germany.  Here is a quick pic of the Bending Waves room:

bendingwaves.thumb.jpg.ed1088f1f0b15d04154272eb99508116.jpg

I saw but didn't hear the WE room, but the Bending Wave speaker room with CH electronics sounded awesome fed by the Signature Rendu SE. Detail and transparency was amazing from this unique driver, which just goes to demonstrate what the SE is capable of! I marveled at the sound, then I noticed the SE in the midst of all that great CH electronics! 

Tidal Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC Master preamp; Merrill Audio Christine preamp, Merrill Audio Jens & VAC Renaissance Phono Preamps;   Bricasti M28 & Merrill Audio Element 118 Monoblock Amplifiers; Sonore Signature RenduSE Optical network player; Bricasti M12 Source Controller/ DAC; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus Diamond Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 Reel-Reel with Merrill Audio Master tape head preamplifier; Ansuz signal and power cabling and power distribution; Symposium Isis racks 

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC,  Bricasti, Merrill Audio,  Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)

On 4/6/2018 at 1:25 PM, skatbelt said:

I understand that it is difficult for you to digest. I pointed other Lyngdorf owners in this direction and in most cases their first reaction was the same as yours. But after they explored this contra intuitive path they were thankful. You have a very nice source with the Sonore Signature Rendu SE. It deserves a very good DAC.

When I first heard Cayin (I didn't know the brand) on 

I couldn't believe how good it sounded. I thought it was 1000 and 1000s of dollars, maybe even more than $10000. Then I googled and found out it is one very cheap amplifier. As such, it has 3 or 4% THD etc. But the damn things sounds so good. Just like Brodmann speakers (which also have huge distortion, but sound extremely good). I believe this is the effect you achieved with your a/d d/a a/d d/a experiments. Btw, it is very rare to get 40+ positives on YT on a system, especially a system with such a low price

21 hours ago, navrsale said:

When I first heard Cayin (I didn't know the brand) on 

I couldn't believe how good it sounded. I thought it was 1000 and 1000s of dollars, maybe even more than $10000. Then I googled and found out it is one very cheap amplifier. As such, it has 3 or 4% THD etc. But the damn things sounds so good. Just like Brodmann speakers (which also have huge distortion, but sound extremely good). I believe this is the effect you achieved with your a/d d/a a/d d/a experiments. Btw, it is very rare to get 40+ positives on YT on a system, especially a system with such a low price

My case has nothing to do with added distortion. The crux is the reconstruction of the analog signal. Top notch DAC's perform this task better than the Lyngdorf amplifiers.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

7 hours ago, skatbelt said:

My case has nothing to do with added distortion. The crux is the reconstruction of the analog signal. Top notch DAC's perform this task better than the Lyngdorf amplifiers.

As soon as you converted analog to digital, you distorted it (distortion #1). Then you converted digital to analog and introduced another distortion (distortion #2). Yest it sounded good (just like that Cayin $400 amp with 10% distortion). Distortions are good sounding, that's what you are saying, and I hear ya I am with you on that one.

1 hour ago, navrsale said:

As soon as you converted analog to digital, you distorted it (distortion #1). Then you converted digital to analog and introduced another distortion (distortion #2). Yest it sounded good (just like that Cayin $400 amp with 10% distortion). Distortions are good sounding, that's what you are saying, and I hear ya I am with you on that one.

Please stay on topic here.

• 1 month later...

Great review. Thanks for posting link. Andrew made me a Signature Rendu SE last year and I completely agree with reviewer’s comments. The sound quality consistently amazes me. I started with the micro rendu and IFi. Upgraded to Uptone LPS-1which was nice step up. I never bought the ultra rendu since I couldn’t believe it could beat the micro streaming into my upgraded Schiit Yggy DAC.  I ended up buying the Rendu SE on a whim and have never regretted. Absolutely stunning and seems to get better with time. I mainly listen to streaming from ROON/Tidal and don’t notice the difference between streaming and file play the reviewer seems to hear.  Congrats to Sonore and Adrian for building a top of the line component.

1 hour ago, Cyrus said:

@vortecjr    Will the Antipodes CX (as Roon Core) work with the Sonore Signature Rendu SE (as Roon Renderer)?

- Direct LAN out from the CX into the Sonore?

- Or will it need to go through a network switch?

Thank you.

It will work and both will show up on  www.sonicorbiter.com. I’m not sure about the direct connection.

1 hour ago, Cyrus said:

@vortecjr  Thank you. I'm also curious how Roon Remote will recognize each, if direct out of the CX. I've got the same question in to Antipodes. If I receive a relevant response...I will post it.

The remote will show a local and a network output.

Heard back from Antipodes.

The CX can be directly connected to the Sonore Signature Rendu SE via the Ethernet output from the CX (CX will need to be connected to the network first).

The CX and the Sonore Signature Rendu SE will be 'seen' on sonicorbiter as well as myantipodes and Roon Remote.

4 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Heard back from Antipodes.

The CX can be directly connected to the Sonore Signature Rendu SE via the Ethernet output from the CX (CX will need to be connected to the network first).

The CX and the Sonore Signature Rendu SE will be 'seen' on sonicorbiter as well as myantipodes and Roon Remote.

Makes sense...just want sure about the direct connection. 

On 1/2/2018 at 7:51 PM, Steve Bruzonsky said:

Finally all of me home theater & audio upgrades are done and I am listening to my Sonore Signature Rendu in its full glory. And it sound magnificent.

I can't directly compare to what it sounded like with Microrendu with Sonore Signature Power Supply back last summer because I've done too many system changes since then. But my audio has NEVER sounded better and its an appreciable amount better than before.

In all fairness, I've done a lot to my home theater & audio system since last July:

Replaced Sonore Microrendu with Sonore Signature Power Supply with Sonore  Signature Rendu.

Upgraded Theta CBIV to CBIVA. Finally end of November got firmware upgrade so AES/EBU (and coaxial) digital

input, via Berkeley Audio USB Converter, accepts up to 192-24.

Replaced 2.35 128.5" wide Stewart Cinecurve Screen with 2.40 168" wide Stewart Vistascope Screen.

Replaced Sim2 C3X 1080 3 chip DLP projector (24 lb) with Sony VPL-VW5000ES  laser projector (94 ib).

Replaced cones under five Aerial Acoustics 7t speakers with Isoacoustics Gaia II speaker feet.

Added four IsoAcoustics Iso-pucks under each of five  Theta Prometheus monoblock amplifiers,

one ATI multi-channel amplifier (for four ceiling Dolby Atmos speakers), and under two PS Audio P5 power

regenerators.

Ceiling mounted projector moved back 3 feet from prior throw distance (now at 19.5" throw with the very front

of lens up about 1.5' higher than the prior projector, and where the front of the lens is just a tad above the very

back of my head in my preferred second row center on a platform listening leather recliner)

New screen has masking in from sides all the way from 2.40 to 16.9 to 4.3 aspect ratio, and I find that using the       most masking to 4.3 sound best for 2Ch audio (better absorption up front).

Pending projector and screen install, for almost two months I had projector on a table in the back row center, so

I couldn't listen to music there! And I had to stop using Dirac Room correction because my previous

measured room correction was way off due to the big projector in the back row. Finally a few weeks ago,

after all new physical changes were done and the new screen and projector mounted, I was able to measure

and do new room correction filters for my Theta CBIVA SSP, one for front row (video), one for back row

(music). YEA!

Also, I moved my Western Digital MyCloudPro4200 32 TB server and Sonic Transporter i5 (Roon Core) out of my

theater way up and over to my home office, and my installer ran CAT6 through my attics way over into my

theatre room (super fast Wi-Fi through home and theatre).

I still have the Microrendu with latest firmware. But as I traded in my Sonore Signature Power Supply, I can't hook it up and compare how it sounds with the Sonore Signature Rendu in my current system. Oh well. I can only say I am very, very happy with the Sonore Signature Rendu and how it sounds in my current system!

I've had my Sonore Signature Rendu SE for about a year now!!!  Note that all along, as I have some tweaks from years ago, the Rendu SE sits on a Symposium Ultra platform. Finally I've got it "tweaked to perfection"! Initially I had it on a pair of sandwiched Symposium Rollerblocks with a heavy 20 pound  Brightstar Audio weight on top. But after awhile I took out these tweaks and frankly, felt the sonics were better leaving the Rendu SE bare without tweaks. More recently, I placed four Isoacoustics Iso-pucks each one under one of the Rendu SE's Sorbothane feet, theory being that the component is designed with isolation at its 4 corners, so why not improve on this with the Isoacoustics stuff right under the  Sorbothane. Yes, some overall sonic improvement. Since then, Isolacoustics has some out with the Orea isolators, an improvement on the Iso-pucks. Very recently got some Isoacoustics Orea Indigo isolators which replaced the Iso-pucks under the sorbothane feet. And I placed a Brightstar Audio 10 pound weight on top of the Rendu SE. Also, my Berkley Audio Alpha USB (to digital AES/EBU) converter had been sitting bare on the shelf above. I needed to adjust/move the component rack shelves some (my Michael Greene Audio shelves allow this), and I was able to place a set of Indigos under the Berkley Audio converter, with a 10 pound Brightstar Audio weight on top. My two channel sonics are now the best ever! The Sonore Signature Rendu SE is simply a remarkable sounding audio component. Highly recommended! 

On 6/30/2018 at 12:25 PM, Steve Bruzonsky said:

I've had my Sonore Signature Rendu SE for about a year now!!!  Note that all along, as I have some tweaks from years ago, the Rendu SE sits on a Symposium Ultra platform. Finally I've got it "tweaked to perfection"! Initially I had it on a pair of sandwiched Symposium Rollerblocks with a heavy 20 pound  Brightstar Audio weight on top. But after awhile I took out these tweaks and frankly, felt the sonics were better leaving the Rendu SE bare without tweaks. More recently, I placed four Isoacoustics Iso-pucks each one under one of the Rendu SE's Sorbothane feet, theory being that the component is designed with isolation at its 4 corners, so why not improve on this with the Isoacoustics stuff right under the  Sorbothane. Yes, some overall sonic improvement. Since then, Isolacoustics has some out with the Orea isolators, an improvement on the Iso-pucks. Very recently got some Isoacoustics Orea Indigo isolators which replaced the Iso-pucks under the sorbothane feet. And I placed a Brightstar Audio 10 pound weight on top of the Rendu SE. Also, my Berkley Audio Alpha USB (to digital AES/EBU) converter had been sitting bare on the shelf above. I needed to adjust/move the component rack shelves some (my Michael Greene Audio shelves allow this), and I was able to place a set of Indigos under the Berkley Audio converter, with a 10 pound Brightstar Audio weight on top. My two channel sonics are now the best ever! The Sonore Signature Rendu SE is simply a remarkable sounding audio component. Highly recommended! 

Steve I appreciate you chiming in...enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I searched CA as well as the web and didn't get much in terms of specifics/details regarding this wrt the Signature Rendu SE.

My Signature Rendu SE came with the SR Black Fuse. I would like to hear from those that have replaced it with the Blue Fuse. 

Sonore: are you recommending this? If so, can you report on what differences to expect? Will they be similar to what is reported (generically) between the Black and Blue fuses?

Thanks.

@barrows  Thank you.

It's what I expected, given my knowledge of Synergistic Research products and their direction and consistency as one updates / upgrades.

The Denafrips Terminator is fuseless, so I cannot experiment with aftermarket fuses there. 

My main concern (since I already have so much of that SR 'goodness') is around moving the overall system sound into the 'too much of a good thing' direction. Luckily, it's easy to experiment with the Blue fuse as it can be returned. I am planning on doing this and figured it would be smart to ask, prior to doing so.

The Signature Rendu SE paring with the Denafrips Terminator is fantastic.