IGNORED

Lampizator Atlantic DSD512 Engine

I have my Atlantic for a few weeks now, it is very very enjoyable to listen to it. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the tube rectifier option when ordering it, and Im wondering if electric guitar amps out there just suck - they sound so good now and acoustic guitars (for comparison) sound even better!

I wonder if the DSD 512 is a worthy upgrade over the 256 (Lampi says it is not), I think one can order the base model without PCM as well. The super clock is definitely an option worth considering! 

Since I'm also using the DAC hooked up to the TV for movies and gaming, I don't think I can forego the pcm engine. The second DSD engine would be quite a stretch, so I settled on the basic model with superclock. It would be interesting to be able to compare both dsd engines nevertheless... In what sense is the chipless one better? Even though I always found DSD "better" than pcm, it took me a while to accept it was more realistic. Reality is, it probably is able to better reproduce some recording details which I was never aware of.

I'm looking forward to upgrade my server side. Using a somewhat improvised solution at the moment.

45 minutes ago, Norton said:

Do I take it that the big thing the DSD512 option  brings is chipless conversion? From the above, is there then any relevence in having the clock options with a DSD only machine?

Anyone listened to Atlantic vs DAVE in their own system?

Thanks

Check what is the situation of the DSD 512 engine regarding clocks. DSD will also benefit of a more precise clock. 

I had interest on Dave, but it is more than double the price. The Hugo TT is on the price range of the Atlantic (basic one). I'm not fond of comparing equipment on different systems, so I did not bother auditioning the Dave before buying the Atlantic. Perhaps I can put my hands on a Hugo sometimes...