IGNORED

Article: The Definitive Guide To Roon Optimized Core Kit (ROCK)

Set up a ROCK last weekend. NUC7i3BNH, 128 GB M.2, 4 GB DDR4.

Roon is fantastic. I finally get what all the fuss is about. The networking thing is far easier than I thought - my previous experience setting up a network (typing in IP addresses etc) gave me the entirely wrong impression. It wasn't immediately evident how to find my music files but I have that worked out now other than my external HDD in a Oyen case doesn't show up. I'm still learning the Roon features - is there a way to display album credits?

As for SQ, it is excellent. Compared to my PC/JRMC it overall sounds more intelligible, detailed, and liquid. Some vocals, however, sound more congested for some reason. I may do some direct A-B'ing to get a handle on these impressions. At any rate, this is a great way to control my digital collection (including TIDAL) and get fantastic SQ.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

27 minutes ago, ssh said:

Click on the album and you should get this display, then click the credits.

Capture.PNG

Oh, you mean the "Credits" link? lol, good thing it wasn't a snake.

Thanks!

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

11 minutes ago, LaurentS said:

I am trying to set up ROCK, but I am stuck at the "Connect to ROCK the same way you would connect to any other folder on your network (not with a web browser)" phase.

I followed the instructions on the Roon site: https://kb.roonlabs.com/ROCK_Install_Guide

My main hangup was I had the compressed *.gz file on the same flash drive as where I was trying to uncompress. Took me a few minutes to figure out why Etcher was not happy. Then it took a few minutes to figure out how to direct Roon to my music files.